A Complete Guide to Achievements (Civ V)

What achievements are broken? Leader Achievements, Difficulty Achievements, Map Achievements, Victory Condition Achievements, Last Man Standing?

I believe it's any non-scenario achievement you would get from winning a single-player game. I don't know exactly which achievements it's affecting. I have no idea if Last Man Standing is affected or not.

hello

we all know that some of the old achies are broken in the new patch... BUT, we can still got them just need some "magic".

the new patch somehow ruins the game. so disabled all DLCs. now you can earn the original ones. also, you can earn any dlc "Victory achievements" , just activate ONLY that DLC that includes that one.

so if you need the "The Choson One" achi, just activate the Korean DLC and it will be fine

byes

hello

we all know that some of the old achies are broken in the new patch... BUT, we can still got them just need some "magic".

the new patch somehow ruins the game. so disabled all DLCs. now you can earn the original ones. also, you can earn any dlc "Victory achievements" , just activate ONLY that DLC that includes that one.

so if you need the "The Choson One" achi, just activate the Korean DLC and it will be fine

byes

Interesting, so it might be a Gods and Kings issue then? Can anyone confirm that victory achievements work with all DLC off?

I can't thank you all enough for doing this. These achievements are a mess, and I just need to get it.

I was having particular trouble with From Archaemennid to Safavid - Darius (Persia) under Civilization specific achievements, but to echo what FaLiar said, disabling all DLC seems to be required.

I was having particular trouble with From Archaemennid to Safavid - Darius (Persia) under Civilization specific achievements, but to echo what FaLiar said, disabling all DLC seems to be required.
Achieved it with all possible DLCs turned on. The problem is that starting GA by building Taj-Mahal and acquiring policies may potentially break it. Can not confirm though: I did not do both conditions.

Yeah, that achievement has problems. If you use a great person, wonder or social policy to trigger a golden age, it may disable the achievement. You have to get them all from happiness.

Finally tested achievement "Model of modern major-general". I hereby confirm that it can not be opened since Foreign Legion is now a special tenet and can not be produced. Achieved it by disabling BNW expansion.

Do you have any more details on this one?

I tried to (finally) get it, and I built all indicated units (Foreign Legion with all DLC disabled), but no go... Do I need to disable all DLC for building all units?

My log shows all units at 2+ (and I'm sure I built them instead of buying the second go around). Any help or ideas would be much appreciated...

Do you have any more details on this one?

I tried to (finally) get it, and I built all indicated units (Foreign Legion with all DLC disabled), but no go... Do I need to disable all DLC for building all units?

My log shows all units at 2+ (and I'm sure I built them instead of buying the second go around). Any help or ideas would be much appreciated...
Maybe you had connection problems, while playing your last game , i.e. you were offline? I do not know how would you be able to reachieve it, since it is already "completed" in your log... Maybe try recreate those units you built your last game in online mode. Maybe you gained some of the units through Germany's or Ottomans' UA? (Although I don't know, whether they count towards achievement). Otherwise, I have no clue. Hope it helps. Also you don't need to turn off the DLCs for building these units except foreign legion.

I'm having a problem with the achievement Peace and Prosperity (Start a golden age). I've definitely started a few, using happiness, GAs and policies. Bugged?

I'm having a problem with the achievement Peace and Prosperity (Start a golden age). I've definitely started a few, using happiness, GAs and policies. Bugged?

Shouldn't be. Are you using mods or playing multiplayer?

Shouldn't be that, either. Are you getting any other achievements?

Yep. As you can see here, I got a cultural victory on June 30th. Definitely had a lot of Golden Ages for that, and I haven't got the achievement for it.

Well I'm not sure, then. It should unlock. I've got no way to test it out, so it would be helpful to know if anyone else is having trouble unlocking that one.

Does anyone understand how Tear Down This Wall works? I've tried all day to get this to happen on settler difficulty, but the AI just doesn't give in to pressure. I got tired of waiting and conquered the entire map except for one insignificant city, basically had every wonder and great work in my possession, had my way with congress and enacted world ideology and world religion in my favor, but no matter how turns passed, my influence would not budge past 7 icons (before and after world domination).

Open borders? Nothing.
Shared religion? Nothing.
Trade route? Nothing.
Unhappiness never rose high enough to offset the happiness the AI civ was able to generate. The "revolutionary wave" status didn't produce results for the entire game.

And it's not like there's anything about ideology/social policy on the diplomacy menu, either. How am I supposed to "force" someone to switch?

Does anyone understand how Tear Down This Wall works? I've tried all day to get this to happen on settler difficulty, but the AI just doesn't give in to pressure. I got tired of waiting and conquered the entire map except for one insignificant city, basically had every wonder and great work in my possession, had my way with congress and enacted world ideology and world religion in my favor, but no matter how turns passed, my influence would not budge past 7 icons (before and after world domination).

Open borders? Nothing.
Trade route? Nothing.
Unhappiness never rose high enough to offset the happiness the AI civ was able to generate. The "revolutionary wave" status didn't produce results for the entire game.

And it's not like there's anything about ideology/social policy on the diplomacy menu, either. How am I supposed to "force" someone to switch?

You gotta make them unhappy too, if they're happy, they won't switch even with Revolutionary Wave status. Pillage improvements/ban luxuries/etc

Open borders? Nothing.
Trade route? Nothing.

I got the achievement by giving them a bunch of cities (with all the happiness buildings sold) - they were instantly unhappy enough to switch.
The trouble is to have an opponent who selected order, especially on settler difficulty this can be quite late...

Top Bottom