[Religion and Revolution]: Interesting Graphics / Features we might use

Hi guysy,

I saw these images in a thread of Fankman (a befriended Modder).

I really like them, and maybe they could be used as backgroundimages. :think:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Attachments

• 1236658122107.jpg
    1236658122107.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 749
I uploaded a few good building nifs I found to the transfer/Buildings folder on SVN. The one I thought would be particularly cool for this mod is the nif for a Mission. Do you think we could make it so that when a Mission is created in game it creates a placeholder BUILDING_MISSION in that settlement which has this graphic? Then you would actually see a realistic mission in the village instead of only the cross icon! :cool: This could be for Release 2 though, to go with the religion modding.
Great idea Orlanth. I like it !

I really like Fankman's images too. But I guess we would have to choose between one of them...Or is it possible to have multiple background screens ?
I like the last one with the Spanish Caravel...

Yes, those are great backgrounds Ray, especially that last one. :king: Unfortunately there are limited screens to take backgrounds though; where do you think we could use them?

I've been wondering if it would be possible to have a fullscreen background image appear for certain Events or Achievements, behind the small popup box. Robert or anyone else, might you know how to do that?

Another cool way to use images might be to bring back the graphic popups from Civ4 on Era changes, i.e. "You have entered the Expansion Era!" with an appropriate image.

Or, we could have the mainmenu screen be a slideshow that slowly alternates between several good background images.

... where do you think we could use them?

I don't know yet. :)

I am a passionate collector of everything that might become useful. :D
(You would not believe how many mods, graphics, images, ... I have collected.)

We will see, maybe somebody will have a good idea later on. :thumbsup:

I've been wondering if it would be possible to have a fullscreen background image appear for certain Events or Achievements, behind the small popup box. Robert or anyone else, might you know how to do that?

Almost everything is possible, but I am not sure if that is a good idea.
Things like that are interesting the first time but annoying later ...

Or, we could have the mainmenu screen be a slideshow that slowly alternates between several good background images.

Please not. :(
I like our mainscreen as it is.
A slideshow would be very unatmospheric to my opinion.

Hi!

I found some little ships during my last modding sessions...maybe we can use them in the future...

Maybe sometime it will also be possible to equip the natives with ships/canoes? :D

Two little coast ships...maybe for "coastal shipping"...I don't know

Hi guys,

I found an interesting Civ4 mod/scenario.

Interesting in this one for me is the Tech-Tree. :)
(The technologies implemented there could give some inspiration for our coming up "Inventions".)

But eventually some graphics in there might be interesting, too.

Interesting in this one for me is the Tech-Tree.
(The technologies implemented there could give some inspiration for our coming up "Inventions".)

But eventually some graphics in there might be interesting, too.

A great game from that period with lots of good techtree inspiration is Empire Total War. It's easier to see in-game, but you can get the FAQ below then search for "[A.08] Technology"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/942966-empire-total-war/faqs/55899

Maybe also look at Imperialism 2, though I haven't found a tech list for it.
http://archive.kontek.net/dailyimperialist.strategyplanet.gamespy.com/imp2/screens/research.jpg

Great!
Where did you find the Canoe? I asked Melcher Kürzer to do one a few months ago ... I guess there is no need to do a Canoe nif file since you've found one! :goodjob:

Hm, I can't remember. It is from another Civ4 or Civ4/Col Mod...but I can't remember which mod it is.

Hi guysy,

I saw these images in a thread of Fankman (a befriended Modder).

I really like them, and maybe they could be used as backgroundimages. :think:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I've found the first three images from am Empire: Total War design-study. I think it's better when you don't use them. The copyright is at Creative Assembly.
But the last image with the caravel in the rain, is free to use.

Here you can download high-res Images of the caravel:

Spoiler :

I've found the first three images from am Empire: Total War design-study. I think it's better when you don't use them. The copyright is at Creative Assembly.

Oh. :(
Then we will not use them, of course.

But the last image with the caravel in the rain, is free to use.
Here you can download high-res Images of the caravel:

Great. :)
Maybe we can find some way to use one of these. :thumbsup:

I thought about the title of our mod. Maybe we could focus a (little) little bit on the religious part (just a brainstorming)?

Have we already a plan how to introduce the bishop?

I thought about the title of our mod. Maybe we could focus a (little) little bit on the religious part (just a brainstorming)?

See here.

Before focussing on Religion, I would really first like to finish all the things we have already started. ;)
Religion is a big work package / large concept that involves many small features.

It really does not make sense to start too many work packages at the same time. :dunno:

One step after the other, please. :thumbsup:

I'm not really sure, but it somehow seems a little too Egyptian to me
I probably won't use it in a colonization mod

Parallel Maps

Really interesting. :think:
There really is a lot of potential in this.

For example we could have several maps in one game.
(New World, Europe, Africa, Port Royal)

Another idea is to split the game into "Strategical" and "Tactical".
(By generating a temporary tactical map from the strategical.)

Strategical -> Economy, Diplomacy, Moving Units, ...
Tactical -> Special Game Play Mode for Fighting when 2 Armies meet with totally new Tactical Possibilities (Ranged Attacks, Support Attacks, Flank Attacks, ...)

Better not follow this any further, ...
The ideas and concepts that currently come up to my mind are too crazy. :)

Also implementing the ideas I have would keep me busy for more than a year and extremely / dramatically change game play.

Evil ray, stop thinking about this. :mischief:

Edit:

I cannot resist, I will start threads for the discussion. :)

I think the Caravel finding the new world in the rainy weather is a better concept, because it gives a sense of safety to the land. The land is made to seem safer than traveling by ship. So it gives a sense of fulfillment such as, "Thank God, we finally made it, months of life threatening storms could not stop us. Tomorrow, we'll start building houses when the sun comes out."

Top Bottom