minor: Music turns on with client restart

azzacanth

Warlord
I turn the music off cause I often like to play winamp in the background, instead of listening to civ's happy lil music.

The thing is every time I reload c3c and start a game (I havent tested this but I dont recall it being any different for a new game vs reloading an old game, but it definitely happens in our multiplayer epic) the music is playing again. I go in prefs and it is "off", but it remains playing until I turn it on and back off again and then close prefs.

This is every time the client is restarted. not sure about new game with the client up.

not a big deal but it gets a little annoying when I have to turn it off 5 times in 20 minutes because our clients keep getting the f3 crash and we all have to reload clients to get back in our epic :)

What version are you playing? Do you mean you hear game music in the main menu? This was an old bug back in C3C 1.00

version 1.22 of c3c.

Well now I just tested it and I can't get it to happen again, new game load game or hosting multiplayer. We aren't playing our epic right at this time so I can't test that.

I do know I've noticed it in the multiplayer game window - after I have joined my friends' game and waiting for the rest of our players. and it is definitely on in-game when we get in. I could've sworn it turned back on for loading my own game files though. :confused:

Maybe it is a multiplayer client settings flaw? I think our host generally plays music..

I have no music in the main menu itself at this time.

EDIT:

I just loaded up my single player and I am playing along for a short time and all of a sudden noticed the music in the background. Off in prefs as usual. Maybe I just didnt wait through the quiet intro when I couldnt detect music when I posted a bit ago.

Top Bottom