Moving Civ 4 BTS onto another computer

Pastry Pirate

Chieftain
Hello,

I recently got a new desktop and I moved my Civ 4 stuff there. I had some old mods with saves. I was able to get the mods to work and if I played a new game with it, I believe it will let me build the custom units/wonders that I installed. However, I cannot open my old save files. I moved them into the Documents folder like on my old laptop, but when I try to open a saved file, the folder is empty even though the files are all there. I made sure my custom world maps were brought over and I have version 1.74. Its been years since I've played this game, is there something I am missing? Thanks for any help.

For anyone to help, you need to tell what OS your old one was and what the new one is.

Make sure that you have given CIV permission to run as an administrator in its properties (when you right click on the CIV exe). If you have done that, then I would suggest looking at the top sticky in this Tech Support forum, which is about installing CIV on Windows 7. It is titled: "Sticky: Installing Civ 4 on Windows 7/Vista (32-/64-bit)"

Thanks for the suggestions, the permissions didn't do anything to solve the problem so I will check the sticky you mentioned. At least all of the extra units I added still work.

Top Bottom