Does anyone have a vanilla XML files?

stebbinsd

Chieftain
I recently had to ask for a vanilla XML file because I had apparently screwed up, trying to make my own mods.

Well, I experimented with mod-making again, and it really blue up in my face. Now, instead of the leaders simply not having any traits, I instead get messages saying that numerous unit types (mostly unique units) couldn't load, and then I get a message saying I've been defeated, as soon as the game even starts.

I can't even remember what the original vanilla files are supposed to be.

Here are the files I've been modifying. Can someone send me vanilla copies of these XML files, so I can place them in my folders in place of the corrupted ones?

CIV4BuildingInfos
CIV4CivilizationInfos
CIV4UnitInfos
CIV4TechInfos

Make copies of any files that you have changed that are not problems, including save games, Custom Assets, etc. Then reinstall your game. That will give you back the original files. After that you can copy your changed files that you saved back to where they came from. They will replace the new ones and you will be all set.

In the future, when modding, make a copy of the files that you are going to change. The best approach is to make a mod of your own from the copies. However, if you feel that you must modify the main game files instead, then you can copy back the original files from your set aside copies if you mess up.

Ok, I can make copies from now on.

But... isn't anyone willing to upload the XML files here, just like in the last thread? That would take about thirty seconds; your suggestion takes me about thirty minutes!

Not to mention... doing it your way would take away all the mods I have that actually work!

Top Bottom