TORONTO: Today is the day... (EBG said)

ahhh, they don't know anything...like reading "in transit" on the screen makes them some kind of supply chain experts!

Its pretty obvious that for whatever reason, the trucks to toronto got delayed...that its several days, probably means that they delayed it on purpose. One day would make sense, but more means that maybe the previous post was correct, that it had something to do with the french language tech charts. who knows...point is, THEY (the employees) don't know either.

Here's a fun story.

I preordred the game 3 weeks ago at my local EB in Kitchener expecting to get it yesterday. They were the only EB in town who did not get the pre-order, I was like "Well thats my luck!" But I knew today! FINALLY TODAY! I would get the game............. nope. I show up and the guy tells me "Sorry we sold out of the preorder" I say "But I preordered" He looks at my slip with this confused look, and basicaly says "Who ever did this did it wrong and put you down for the reg edition" I was pissed, but after all its my fault, I didn't MAKE SURE I got the preoder edition....... but who the hell pre-orders 3 weeks in advance for the reg edtion?

All in all I'm pissed off, this game better rock. and it better rock hard.

Just hope somehow a few stores will manage to get it before end of today...

We need a miracle....

Ha. Futureshop's website now list's Civ4's release date as 28 Oct/05. Yesterday it said 27 Oct/05. I bet tomorrow it will say releases 29 Oct/05.

Time to visit the LCBO. :p

Found a store that might have shipment coming in soon. I will let you guys know as soon as it is confirmed. The prayers has been answered!

I've spoken to every Future Shop and EB Games within the GTA, and all are saying tomorrow, with the exception of an Eaton Centre EB guy who said try checking again at 5 pm. Not holding my breath though.

Seems to me someone at the distributor dropped the ball on this one... has anyone in Canada gotten a non-preorder edition yet?

Hi

I'm from Quebec and I've pre-ordered Civ4 on Futureshop.ca and the date is 28th october 2005 for shipping.

And if that can make you happy, the game is not arrived in the store here too. :mad:

CivAlby said:
Found a store that might have shipment coming in soon. I will let you guys know as soon as it is confirmed. The prayers has been answered!

Ha! way to share the info with us :p
it's okay I found a store that told me they sent someone to the warehouse and get copies and should be back by 2.30 pm ...which is like 5 minutes from now. I bet we're thinking of the same store.

Unfortunatly I finish work at 5.30 and well until I get my copy or told they've all been sold . I'll keep that info to myself aswell.

Come on guys don't be dinks and just tell us where this store is at....

Prometheus_666 said:
Come on guys don't be dinks and just tell us where this store is at....

CONFIRMED!!!! i JUST SPOKE TO THE GUY IN THE STORE HE SAYS HE HAS ALOT OF COPIES. And since he was nice enough to put one aside for me... this is the store....

Gameshack at Atrium on the Bay...416-351-7065
If you don't know where that is... it's the very small mall north of Eaton Center. The entrance is exactly accross the street where the construction site is. The entrance is next to the GAP or where the Pickel Barrel used to be.
From dundas station there's an entrance on the southbound exit next to the stairs that go down to the northbound side.

Darn. and here it's a 4 hour trip from windsor to toronto...

Oh well. can't be that far away. i know civ4 is in detroit, after all.

Fvck!

I know exactly where that is but I will never make it there and back from Steeles ave by bus/subway before I have to go to work at 4:30.

Damnit damnit damnit.

I was halfway to the bus stop outside when I looked at my watch and knew no Civ IV for me today.

Ah sheit.

Thanks anyway.c:( :mad: :mad:

The definitely do have copies. I saw the post about Gameshack a little after 3:00 pm after striking out at three EB games earlier today and I only live about 20 minutes from Bay and Dundas so I went and they have copies. I have one in my hands right now. Thanks for posting!

Just checked with them and they are now all sold out. Wish I knew about that place when I was downtown earlier today.

Gdek

I wonder how many copies they got. They really could've cleaned up today. That's too bad, although I must say I'm a happy guy. No installation problems and it plays smooth as silk for me, which after all the ATI stuff (I've got a Radeon 9800) I was very worried. Anyway, since they had it I'm sure that means by tommorrow everyone will.

EB Games at Dufferin Mall (just south of Dufferin Station) has about a dozen copies.

Just got my copy from EB Games at Mississauga. I believe all EB stores have standard edition right now. The price is 59.99 not like Best Buy for 49.99, but Best Buy is out of stock.

Top Bottom