Earth 18 Civs?

kazapp

Emperor
As far as I can understand, colonies (and god knows what else) is disabled in the Earth 18 Civ Huge map scenario in BtS.

For instance, playing as Catherine I conquered Elizabeth. However, I could not create a colony out of the two English cities, which I would normally be able to do to lower city maintenance.

Is there anyone who has made a version of this scenario with colonies enabled?

Or better yet, if there's a map script (or whatever) that allows me to start with whatever custom options I fancy but still retains:
1) the Earth map
2) the quasi-historic resource positions
3) the historic (roughly) starting positions of each civ

As a map script (or whatever is necessary) this would enable two more advantages:
4) you could select the number of civs and which ones yourself (or randomly). You could, for instance, include both Spain and Portugal if you liked; or play Churchill instead of Elizabeth.
5) you could play the Earth scenario on a slightly smaller map

Oh, and one more thing:

As the map is done now, the only european power that would be able to create colonies anywhere along the African coast, in India or in China; would be England. Because it's the same landmass. This isn't historical, it isn't fair, and it doesn't make sense (for a Earth map).

It would be neat if the check for "colony allowed" could be disabled for this game allowing you to create colonies where you wanted, so England or Germany could spawn India as a vassal colony (after first conquering the original India Civ of course), and even allow France or Spain to turn North/West Africa into a colony (despite the relative proximity to the capital).

Top Bottom