Agro Civs

Huns need to be there. Japan outstrips Korea IMO. Mongols will attack someone at some point, but not always the human controlled player.

There are actual values for this (with +2 to -2 variations IIRC).
I forget the thread where this is from, but someone here posted the exact values, which you can see here:

Spoiler :

So here's your list (based on actual numbers, not just annecdotal experience):
Higher the number the more likely they are to go to war:
(8)Aztecs
(8)France
(8)Huns
(7)Songhai
(7)Japan
(7)Mongols
(7)Carthage
(7)Sweden

(8)Aztecs
(8)France
(8)Huns
(7)Songhai
(7)Japan
(7)Mongols
(7)Carthage
(7)Sweden

That chart is slightly outdated. The Fall patch bumped Dido up to a 7 as well, and I believe she's the only one that received a change in that category.

Hurf durf assumptions and lack of checking assumptions and skimming are great ways to make you look smart.

In my defense, the fall patch did change her and made her a lot more deceptive. That's basically like another war category, right? >_>

There are actual values for this (with +2 to -2 variations IIRC).
I forget the thread where this is from, but someone here posted the exact values, which you can see here:

Spoiler :

(8)Aztecs
(8)France
(8)Huns
(7)Songhai
(7)Japan
(7)Mongols
(7)Carthage
(7)Sweden
Sounds about right. I've ALWAYS fought with them if they were my neighbours. Always found Sweden ironic played by the AI since they rarely form any DoFs. :/

That chart is slightly outdated. The Fall patch bumped Dido up to a 7 as well, and I believe she's the only one that received a change in that category.

Hurf durf assumptions and lack of checking assumptions and skimming are great ways to make you look smart.

In my defense, the fall patch did change her and made her a lot more deceptive. That's basically like another war category, right? >_>

It's possible some of the values are different now, but i don't recall there being much said about actual AI flavor changes other than Dido, as you mentioned, so i suspect it's still all accurate other than Dido's deceptive level is likely higher now.

It's possible some of the values are different now, but i don't recall there being much said about actual AI flavor changes other than Dido, as you mentioned, so i suspect it's still all accurate other than Dido's deceptive level is likely higher now.

Her Deceptive is way higher (8), Hostile's up to 6, guarded up to 5, afraid down to 3, but friendly up to 6. But she's way more likely to be aggressive now.

If Deceptive is treated another war value, we have:

(8) Carthage
(8) Huns
(7) Aztecs
(7) China
(7) France
(7) Germany
(7) Ottomans
(7) Russia

Which makes the civilizations most likely to frontstab or backstab you (adding war and deceptive approaches, so plus or minus 4 to these values):

(16) Huns
(15) Aztecs
(15) Carthage
(15) France
(13) Germany
(13) Japan
(12) Celts
(12) Ottomans
(11) China
(11) Incas
(11) Rome
(11) Russia
(11) Siam
(11) Spain
(10) Babylon
(10) Byzantium
(10) Denmark
(10) England
(10) Greece
(10) Mongolia
(10) Songhai
(10) Sweden

Though this doesn't factor in their likeliness of not being outright aggressive-- for instance, Wu Zetian is just as likely to be friendly as she is to be deceptive. Likeliness of being hostile and whether or not that is directly linked to likeliness of declaring war is also not factored in.

I think I'm looking too much into this.

Okay, I looked even more into it. This will not show exactly how aggressive a civilization will be, but it will show how likely they are to be a jerk. Which, in most instances, leads to war.

To do this, I added up their values for war, hostility, and deceptiveness and subtracted it from how likely they are to be friendly. I ignored the other diplomatic states because in my experience, they're not a factor in how likely a civ will be a jerk. These values can vary by up to eight, so even if a civ is fairly low on the list they have the potential to be a jerk.

(21) Huns
(17) Aztecs
(15) Carthage
(14) Greece
(14) Japan
(13) Celts
(13) England
(13) Spain
(12) France
(12) Rome
(11) Denmark
(11) Egypt
(11) Incas
(11) Ottomans
(10) Babylon
(10) China
(10) Germany
(10) Mongolia
(10) Songhai
(10) Russia
(9) Sweden
(8) Arabia
(8) Mayans
(7) Netherlands
(7) Siam
(6) Byzantium
(5) America
(5) Iroquois
(5) Korea
(5) Persia
(5) Polynesia
(4) Austria
(4) Ethiopia
(2) India

What is with Gandhi's nuke build and nuke use flavor being 12? The highest by far of anyone! Is that some kind of joke or does Gandhi have some nuking history I'm not aware of...?

If it varies by 2, does it go around again? Meaning, can Gandhi also be at 1 or 2 for nuke value?

You said it.
It's a bit of humor by the devs i think, as he's peaceful until nuke time, then it's oh crap!

It's a reference to a bug in the first Civ game. Ghandi had the lowest possible aggressiveness stat in the game at 1 but adopting democracy decreases that stat by 2. The game read -1 as the highest possible number, leading to modern era India's words being backed by nuclear weapons.

I lol'd at the value for Gandhi to use a nuke...

Soemthing is wrong here because Greece will attack you every time.

Top Bottom