PerfectWorld3

Hello

Having played the majority of my civ Iv games on perfect world I just excitedly booted up a pw map to have a look. I then realised there is no worldbuilder so I'd have to play the whole sodding game to satellites before the map is revealed.

There must be an easier way???

I use the debug menu. You have to enable it in your ini file somehow, then press ~, then click on reveal map.

Is there any sort of quick fix I can put in place to put atolls in the map, even if they're in illogical areas? I simply can't stand to play any map except for PW3 but I'd really love to see these new features.

Is there any sort of quick fix I can put in place to put atolls in the map, even if they're in illogical areas? I simply can't stand to play any map except for PW3 but I'd really love to see these new features.

It kinda depends, I'll try to get a new version up this week.

Cool, I'm just messing around with it for the time being. In the "AddFeatures" function, it looks like I can add an else clause to "if not plot:IsWater() then" and do some logic there, right? I can then just add a few checks for elevation and surrounding tiles and should be able to place it.

Ah, I worked out how to at least revert to the default feature generation by replacing the "AddFeatures" method with just these two lines:
local featuregen = FeatureGenerator.Create()

featuregen:AddFeatures()

Of course I lose some of the uniqueness of this map script, but it should be ok as a quick fix.

Ok, I have something ready to go home and test, but I wanted to ask you guys something. Is it necessary to support a version of Civ5 that doesn't have atolls? Updating your Civ5 is mandatory correct? This new PW will probably crash if someone chooses not to update.

Awesome, I'd be happy to help test when I get home tonight if you want to upload a version here. The only way to keep Civ5 from updating is to keep steam in offline mode, so while there are probably a couple people that do that for some reason, I don't think it's reasonable to try and support them with new mod and map releases.

I've never had luck with getting the game to run after a patch comes out if I don't let it update. So just cater to the latest patch, no need to worry about previous versions.

Ugh, I've got the map working, but I can't remember for the life of me how to get things working with ModEnemy. If I put the lua file in the maps directory, it works. If I build it in ModEnemy, my lua log shows an error in loading the file. I think I had this issue before, but I can't remember now how to solve it.

Edit: Yeah, I'm completely stumped. I have no idea how to get the new map to show up in the list of maps unless I cheat and bypass the mod system. I'm able to 'enable' the mod, but nothing shows up. I know I had this issue before but I can't find the thread where I solved it. I have this vague memory that I had to build the project, start Civ5, enable the mod, shutdown Civ5 and re-start it, and then it would appear in the list. That order of operations isn't working this time. I know my map works, its a mod buddy problem.

Edit2: It took me 15 minutes to update the map, and after 6 hours+ I can't make any sense of modbuddy. The files are right where they're supposed to be, but they won't load into the game. I also tried to upload the civ5mod file as an attachment here, and that is also failing. Can we not do file attachments any more?

All I can do is post the modinfo file and see if anyone can notice a problem. I've had enough of this for today!
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="8c9fa125-e8d7-4eae-a0e9-15714cd9d46d" version="3">
  <Properties>
    <Name>PerfectWorld 3</Name>
    <Teaser>Simulates climate based on geostrophic and monsoon wind patterns</Teaser>
    <Description>Simulates climate based on a simplified model of geostrophic and monsoon wind patterns. Rivers are generated along accurate drainage paths governed by the elevation map used to create the landforms.

To use this map script, download and enable it as a mod, and then select 'mods' -&gt; 'single player' -&gt; 'setup game'. It's like starting a normal game, but from inside the 'mods' menu.</Description>
    <Authors>Rich Marinaccio **cephalo**</Authors>
    <HideSetupGame>0</HideSetupGame>
    <AffectsSavedGames>0</AffectsSavedGames>
    <SupportsSinglePlayer>1</SupportsSinglePlayer>
    <SupportsMultiplayer>0</SupportsMultiplayer>
    <SupportsMac>1</SupportsMac>
    <ReloadLandmarkSystem>0</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
    <ReloadStrategicViewSystem>0</ReloadStrategicViewSystem>
    <ReloadUnitSystem>0</ReloadUnitSystem>
  </Properties>
  <Dependencies />
  <References />
  <Blocks />
  <Files>
    <File md5="17B034CA845F4443B1FCD8438184229C" import="0">PerfectWorld3.lua</File>
  </Files>
  <EntryPoints>
    <EntryPoint type="MapScript" file="PerfectWorld3.lua">
      <Name>PerfectWorld3</Name>
      <Description>Map Script</Description>
    </EntryPoint>
  </EntryPoints>
</Mod>

Ugh, I've got the map working, but I can't remember for the life of me how to get things working with ModEnemy. If I put the lua file in the maps directory, it works. If I build it in ModEnemy, my lua log shows an error in loading the file. I think I had this issue before, but I can't remember now how to solve it.

Edit: Yeah, I'm completely stumped. I have no idea how to get the new map to show up in the list of maps unless I cheat and bypass the mod system. I'm able to 'enable' the mod, but nothing shows up. I know I had this issue before but I can't find the thread where I solved it. I have this vague memory that I had to build the project, start Civ5, enable the mod, shutdown Civ5 and re-start it, and then it would appear in the list. That order of operations isn't working this time. I know my map works, its a mod buddy problem.

Edit2: It took me 15 minutes to update the map, and after 6 hours+ I can't make any sense of modbuddy. The files are right where they're supposed to be, but they won't load into the game. I also tried to upload the civ5mod file as an attachment here, and that is also failing. Can we not do file attachments any more?

All I can do is post the modinfo file and see if anyone can notice a problem. I've had enough of this for today!
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="8c9fa125-e8d7-4eae-a0e9-15714cd9d46d" version="3">
  <Properties>
    <Name>PerfectWorld 3</Name>
    <Teaser>Simulates climate based on geostrophic and monsoon wind patterns</Teaser>
    <Description>Simulates climate based on a simplified model of geostrophic and monsoon wind patterns. Rivers are generated along accurate drainage paths governed by the elevation map used to create the landforms.

To use this map script, download and enable it as a mod, and then select 'mods' -&gt; 'single player' -&gt; 'setup game'. It's like starting a normal game, but from inside the 'mods' menu.</Description>
    <Authors>Rich Marinaccio **cephalo**</Authors>
    <HideSetupGame>0</HideSetupGame>
    <AffectsSavedGames>0</AffectsSavedGames>
    <SupportsSinglePlayer>1</SupportsSinglePlayer>
    <SupportsMultiplayer>0</SupportsMultiplayer>
    <SupportsMac>1</SupportsMac>
    <ReloadLandmarkSystem>0</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
    <ReloadStrategicViewSystem>0</ReloadStrategicViewSystem>
    <ReloadUnitSystem>0</ReloadUnitSystem>
  </Properties>
  <Dependencies />
  <References />
  <Blocks />
  <Files>
    <File md5="17B034CA845F4443B1FCD8438184229C" import="0">PerfectWorld3.lua</File>
  </Files>
  <EntryPoints>
    <EntryPoint type="MapScript" file="PerfectWorld3.lua">
      <Name>PerfectWorld3</Name>
      <Description>Map Script</Description>
    </EntryPoint>
  </EntryPoints>
</Mod>

I think mod uploading is broken for everyone since the patch, so I'm guessing that's your problem.

I think mod uploading is broken for everyone since the patch, so I'm guessing that's your problem.

I haven't even gotten that far. I just can't enable it successfully. The file loading errors out when I try to start Civ5.

What's the <HideSetupGame>? I haven't seen that before - did you try setting it to 1? That's the only real difference I can see between this and the previous PerfectWorld's ModInfo file...

Gah... the uploading system at Civfanatics is also broken at the same time. I'll have to use some other hosting site later today.

Ok, here is a link to the Civ5 mod file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3at7y2r6639ftg/PerfectWorld 3 (v 3).civ5mod

See if you guys can use this like a mod in the normal way. I'd like to know if the issue is on my end or something to do with the patch. If it doesn't work for you that way, you can extract this with 7-zip and put the lua file in your documents/my games/blahblah/maps directory.

I'll make an official post when:

a) Civfanatics allows uploading files again.
b) When I figure out why my mod can't be loaded.

Tried the following
- Placing civ5mod file into Mods folder
--> Civ doesn't see the mod at all

- Unpacking via 7zip into "PerfectWorld 3 (v 3)" folder at Mods folder
--> Civ sees the mod, and it activates successfully

- Unpacking just the .lua file into Maps folder
--> Civ sees the Map script

ATM I am playing the map generated via third option, atolls are in :)

- Unpacking via 7zip into "PerfectWorld 3 (v 3)" folder at Mods folder
--> Civ sees the mod, and it activates successfully

If you get a chance later, after you activate, I would like to know if you can actually choose PW from the list of maps in the mods submenu? I can't for some reason. I'm 88.8 percent sure I used to be able to do that...

If you get a chance later, after you activate, I would like to know if you can actually choose PW from the list of maps in the mods submenu? I can't for some reason. I'm 88.8 percent sure I used to be able to do that...

That's not working for me either. (Previous versions worked fine, though.) Thanks for putting it up, at least I can play it with the lua in the maps folder.:goodjob:

I put the file into my mod folder. Then I hit the "Install Modifications" Button, which apeared in the Mod menu. Then I Activated the mod. And I could chose the map without any problems.

Top Bottom