Citizen management

Luca_zbr

Chieftain
Hi all, In my last game I've changed the standard citizen allocation, I've focused on production and I've seen the city's growth was good and the production was obviously amazing.

when i use the standard allocation, my city's production is poor and my empire is always sad, anyone uses this setting ?

I find that growing too fast can be a happiness disaster so if I am building a wide empire I switch to production until the points where certain Policies are achieved, switch back to food prodution and then once up to 8 unhappiness switch again to production. Not only that I instruct my workers to build (manually) mines at the start. A couple of maritme CS can keep you ticking over quite nicely.

EDIT
I only play at Warlord level and the vanilla game.

Hi all, In my last game I've changed the standard citizen allocation, I've focused on production and I've seen the city's growth was good and the production was obviously amazing.

when i use the standard allocation, my city's production is poor and my empire is always sad, anyone uses this setting ?

Welcome to the wonderful world of CiV citizen management! It takes a lot of playing with it, tinkering, and practice until you get relatively skilled and understanding of how best to use it- just be aware that besides selecting a basic resource to focus on (food, production, gold, etc.), you can also manually assign individual citizens to the tiles you need them to work. So if your food is doing ok but your hammers are kinda low, you can also just assign a couple of the citizens on weaker food tiles to go work on some of the better hammer tiles, instead. You'll get instant feedback on total amounts produced, after doing this. Just beware, the default city governor algorithm is an insidious underminer of your decisions, and will often shift around the other citizens during the next turn to undo whatever good you did, as it is ignorant and dangerously single-minded in its ways! :lol:

The other thing to try if you can't take the time to re-arrange every citizen is keep on working to make your happiness sufficient to support your population. However this can get to be a headache.

Top Bottom