Erebus

By experimenting Ken manages to make a small spherical barrier after about a dozen tries. It is weirder than anything he has seen before, translucent with only a tiny glow visible, and soft to the touch yet quite firm.

Thomas hasn't sold that gold yet

Mryddyn uses all his gold except what he needs to pay another night in the inn, on herbs and reagents necessary for salves and energisers, and makes them. Some of the stuff spills on the floor.

{There was no temple of the Fellowship, I forgot that}

Making Plans

Tsanal drifts a bit through the city, trying to find out what to do next, and ends up going to the market to buy some more blank books, pens, and ink. He then returns to the inn, where he spends the rest of the evening writing down what they have found out until now, asking the others to fill in where he himself remembers nothing. He then makes a list of available ressources, such as weapons, magic, armor, food, water, and other things which could come in handy.

[I will try to make a list, and then PM to the DMs so they can verify. This is hopefully not too much for my chars int score, which is nice and (very) high :) ]

Finally, he tries to figure out what to do next, and in the end he comes up with a plan, which he shares with the others when they gather for the night:
"I know that most of you don't like being ordered around, but it is time that we decide what to do.
Seeing as Mipe and Nindoro probably would be most suited to the task, I think it would be fitting if they would try to gather some information about the Svartalfar and the Cultists.
Thomas, you should probably stay undercover while we're here, but I'd appreciate if you could find out something too.
Munak, you seem to be quite friendly with the Dragon Cultists, try to make them assassinate the psychos, and by that I'm not talking about the leaders of the mage guild, even though they probably would qualify as well.
Mryddyn, if you could make some bows for the rest of us, I'm sure that'd help. Ken, I noticed you in the Library, perhaps it would be a good idea to practice our magic, so that we may contribute a bit more?
I know for sure that I've got a few tricks I'd like to try for real. Oh, and please don't make me target practice for your fire magic."

After hearing Tsanals plan Mryddyn is relieved that someone has finally taken the initiative to take the lead ( ;) ) He agrees that he can make bows for the small group and he could also fassion many other kinds of weapons, provided he has enough living wood and the knowledge of how the other weapons work. he asks everyone what kind of weapons they favour using, and once he has his little shopping list, he will leave the city on foot (with his staff and energisers) into the forests in search of suitable wood (preferably Yew for the bows and some nice form of hardwood to make melee weapons.

I'll watch out for lizardmen in the inns, and if that doesn't work, go to the harbour (is it in walking distance?) and ask the merchants if they know my uncle. Goal is finding some Dragon Cultists.

I'm already on it! :D

After weeks of democratic decision-making Tsanal takes the lead and plans ahead.

After finding out all he can reasonably get, Thomas withdraws undercover to avoid excess trouble while still trying to find out something. Obviously that isn't the best way to get to know everything, but a decent one.

Nobody knows or admits knowing of either the Svartalfar or the cultists, and few even know what they are.

Munak gets to know not much more. Her uncle is, quite reasonably, Glorairine is more than a week's travel from there, known only in Paradera. A round at the inns doesn't bring much more, except one interesting bit of discussion between the hooded figures you saw yesterday at the inn:

"...'s true, but we can't eat honour. Trophies don't matter much when you live in a shack."

"I admit that, but it wasn't my choice"

"Not mine either, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't HEY WHO'S EAVESDROPPING!..."

before they noticed her and she had to run away.

Mryddyn went to the forest to look for wood for the weapons. The forest, different from what he had seen earlier, lacked yew but after a while of searching, Mryddyn found some trees similar to it and very suitable for bowmaking. He found some other wood too, suitable for other weapons.

Carefully avoiding to harm the forests more than absolutely necessary, and chanting the traditional sanctifyingof trees before cutting them he gets some wood and begins to shape the weapons he was asked.

[Tell what weapons you want now]

Ken and Tsanal went outside the town walls to practise for some time. Ken, still fascinated by the barrier idea, tried to form a bit larger one, and eventually creates something one can sit on. The downside of sittability is that when he tried its firmness by sitting on it, his mind wandered away causing him to crash to the ground.

"Mryddyn, I'd definately like a shortbow, but there's one more thing. If you could perhaps make me a proper staff, not as a weapon, but as a tool in my spellcasting. Preferably about 2.5'' thick, sturdy, but not too heavy. I'll find some way to enchant it later. Perhaps Ken would like one too?"

When training, Tsanal will try some of the different things he's learned. He will try to make some simple illusions, combining the powers of Mind and Shadow. Then he'll try to conjure some gusts of wind, trying so make light objects such as leaves or feathers levitate for a little while. Finally, he will try to Scry on Mryddyn, choosing him because of his familiarity with the elfs mind (After all, he's linked with me through an earring made by the combination of our work).

As the sun begins to set, he will contact the others, so that they can all meet at the inn and report the events of the day. After they have discussed the findings of each of them, he will show them the list of resources he has made, with the comment "We'll have to do something about the cultists, and I thought it might be a good idea to find out what we have to work with. Have you got anything to add?"

Spoiler :
Forces:

2 x Mage /w unreliable, potentially powerful spells of following types: Death, Dimensional, Enchantment, Entropy, Fire, Force, Mind.
+ Possibly (Very) Minor spells of following types: Air, Shadow.
1 x Druid-in-training /w ability to shape wood (With apparent drawback of physical damage?), questionable powers of the Divine, apparently focused on Nature and Life. Can shapeshift.
1 x Attention-lacking rogue /w explosives.
1 x Sneaky, potentially unreliable, thief(?) /w great love for the shadowy god, Esus.
1 x Flamboyant ...monk(?), /w highly untraditional weaponry & noisy pig.
1 x Anti-social fan of Mulcarn, with icy powers/mood. Watch out for Ice-ages.

Varying number of mercenaries, depending on mood, pay, and rampaging chimeras.

Inventory:

1 x Inventory list (This one)
1 x Spell Book (GUARD IT!)
1 x Journal
1 staff per ally (Or companion, or whatever.)
? x Explosives. (Note to self: Ask rogue about numbers.)
? x Herbs (Not really sure if they are supposed to be healing, better ask Mryddyn.)
1 x Ring of Undead-Repelling. (Don't know what I was thinking when I made that, I'm going to wear it and I'm not undead.( I think))
1 x Pig (Don't eat.)
7 x Bow (If Mryddyn does what he's supposed to.)
1 x Map of Glorairine
1 x Book on Lanun Religion
1 x Book on Svartalfar Politics (You'd be suprised how many times the word 'Poison' appears in there...)
Mind-linking Earrings (I need some way to turn these off...)
Couple of notes on Chimeras. (This may come in handy... )

Tasks:
Find out what the hell is going on with those cultists. And learn some more magic.

"I'd like a proper staff if you can make one, otherwise a shortbow will do."

(DM's, I've been wondering, how much of a charisma bonus does my amulet give?)

Ok, after tiring at work over the weapons in the quiet of the forest, and with Tsalans shopping list comming through the earing, Mryddyn complets a set of 7 Bows (whatever kinds we can use, mostly shortbows i guess?) made from a nice springy, light, strong wood which he found. he also fassions a large number of arrow shafts. after all the practice with shaping the bows and arrow shafts the last few require less energy and are more finely made than his first attempt in paradera.

and he crafts a further 2 quaterstaffs, intricately woven and shaped allowing for it to contiain more magical energy. the flowing curves of the weaving around the main shaft should force any energy stored within to flow in an orderly pattern throughout, making enchanting simpler. however. due to the delicacy of the design, the staff is very fragile, and so should not be used to crush orc skulls.

he then crafts 4 Daggers and 3 short swords along with their scabbards of the heavyer wood, using his gloves to finely create the sharp edges. he then uses his gloves combined with several prayers to Cernunnous to harden their wood to the strength of Iron.

Fortunately, because all these weapons are made from wood, they are significantly lighter than the metal versions of each. however, now because of all his expended energy, he must consume a re-energising potion to restor his strength so he can carry them all back to the inn.

if he is questioned about why he is lugging so many weapons he will say that he is on the way to his inn for the night and was hoping to sell his wares at the market tomorrow.

OOC:

I might need help in bringing all this back to the inn, im not sure what my carrying capacity is, an i have my own staff to carry as well.
1 x Druid-in-training /w ability to shape wood (With apparent drawback of physical damage?), questionable powers of the Divine, apparently focused on Nature and Life. Can shapeshift.

it isnt physical damage but loss of energy and strength, which i guess could ammount to the same thing in a fight :p

*assuming i arrived back at the inn without trouble and ken has talked to me:*

after a moments thought Mryddyn says:
"thats actualyl a great idea Ken, none of us are particularly strong, and short bows can only do so much in a fight. force magic is really just the thing we would need!"

While walking back from the inn tour, talking to oneself:

"Not a single dragonian in this town. I can't believe it! I'll never be able to fulfill the task my uncle entrusted to me." :(

Back in the inn with the others:

"Err I'm not sure I'll be able to use bow and arrow. :scared: I've never tried that before, and I don't believe I have enough strength to shoot very far or accurate. A pity we don't have any crossbows - I've heard it's really easy to learn the use of that, and doesn't require much strength. The machinery does it all or something."

Btw, are those hooded figures in the same inn as us? If so, I'd like to ask one of our sneakier companions if they don't want to have a go at eavesdropping them. I don't have a clue what the hell they were talking about, but it seemed to be something that wasn't allowed to see the daylight.

after thinking of what Munak said about the bows, Myrddyn says:

"ive actually heard tales of warrior women who use bladed circles, called glaives as ranges weaopns. they spin them through the air, and because of the way they are made, they fly particularly fast. perhaps i could make something like that and harden it like the daggers, then maybe Tsanal and Ken could enchant it to fly faster, and possibly return to you, but solw so you can catch it? if not, how well do those bladed fans of your fly? throwing one of those would be very damaging i would expect..."

After making the weapons Mryddyn heads back to the inn, with some trouble but not too much with some bypassers helping to carry the staves. Nobody cared to question exactly why he was carrying a load of wooden weapons, mainly because being amurites they are probably used to stranger stuff, and that wooden weapons aren't exactly known for their deadliness.

The weapons took some hours to make, but they should be quite good, especially when considering what they are made from. The staves have no problems beside fragility, but the daggers and swords he isn't all content with. The tips became most sharp and dangerous but the blades could have been a bit harder, especially for the swords.

Meanwhile, Ken's and Tsanal's training continues. They are slowly getting used to the new ways of using their magic but the results are meager at best.

{Ken's amulet gives a bit undefined boost to charisma, roughly equivalent to one step higher}

When Mryddyn returns with the bows they turn to enchant them. Ken's force magic makes them a bit lighter to shoot with, and Tsanal makes sure the enchantment should stay.

Mipe and Bane have been spying on those people Munak saw at the inn. They seem to have grown wary about any troubles and finding them proved to be very difficult but they found them finally, at a shadowy corner of the harbour. But there was a third person too, a female, clad in similar blank robes and hoods as the others.

"Now, what do you want?" she asks them, her voice sounding a bit familiar

"The beastmen have been staying away for the summer but it looks like this year the winter will come soon accompanied by the hounds of Aeron. We have agreed that he (the robed man points to the other one) will pay for the defense of my town, and as I've heard you have some blades for hire."

"Yes, that's the case. Not many though, we have just begun but I think we might get you a dozen or something"

"Darn, looks like I have to sacrifice some of my own family. Anyway, their weregild, will be all the compensation you'll get from us. Do you have something to say?" this time it was the other man

"That sounds fine, just make sure they come to my village within a week and nobody hears of this."

Mipe and Bane sneak away before they notice them.

Top Bottom