Giant Earth Concept Map (256x256)

Yes I did actually
... Thanks for Your help, man. i am new to this editing stuff...Just used tyo play this game a lot when I was a kid..I mean Civ1 of course on my Amiga :)

Yoda Power, thank you very much for this map! Although I think it's more than just a map. I play her for 1.5 years.
Nevertheless, I have a problem. I started playing for Maya. Built the Statue of Zeus, has long passed 5 tours.
But the ancient cavalry did not appear! What problema? Or so you originally intended?

Regards.

Hi Veleslav. Thank you for the kind words, and welcome to the forum. I can't recall what changes I made to that wonder, so I will have to check. :)

Ok here's the deal. The Statue of Zeus is changed to produce an Army every 30 turns. So you have to wait a little longer. :)

Yoda Power, I'm sorry that I'm asking you again. I would and he looked, but did not know how.
Continue to play for the Maya. I built the Great Library, but the knowledge has not increased.
Although I establish contacts with Spanish and English, and I know that they both have the same set of knowledge that I have not.

What conditions need to perform to the Great Library has worked?
Or, maybe, for the Maya (and anyone else), these conditions it is not possible to achieve?

Regards.
Understood, found in the editor.
Everything is working (just had to wait 1 turn.), you can delete the message.
I am sorry for restlessness and offtopic.

HI YP, I hope this thread is still active. I came across this site recently and found your map. I have a major problem and I'm not skilled enough to work around it.

First can I say its awesome. the colours are vibrant the change of irrigation to look like proper crops is amazing and reminds me of civ 2 but better. I love the intro of the black death. However this is where my issues start.

I'm stuck on around 1360. and I get a load error and it kicks me out. these are all based around the 'colonist' unit. the error is. Load error, file not found.

art\units\colonist\colonist.ini

the game will now exit. this error occurs when I open a city window if in riot. and if I can get into the city window and click on colonist. also I cannot create any colonist as when they are produced it comes up with the same. the download I have from your link doesn't contain such a file path.

I'm a very casual gamer and not into modding I just wanted something to pass the time and have a bit of relaxed fun :(

was playing as England not sure if its relevant.

Edit: I worked around by not building colonists and waiting for modern settlers. however a similar error is turning up both fusiliers and on grand battery. Is there a file missing with modded units from the download on the link?

What version of civ do you have? It seems that you are missing the units from the Conquests. You can probably solve the issue by copying the units from the Conquests folders into the Giant Earth folder.

For some reason, the Tropical Forest just shows up as regular forest.

What version of civ do you have? It seems that you are missing the units from the Conquests. You can probably solve the issue by copying the units from the Conquests folders into the Giant Earth folder.

So installing GEM into the Conquests\Scenarios folder doesn't work? If not, where should it be installed?

Great map!
Just finished playing it for fifth time - and finaly completed it on Sid level by world domination in year 1640 as Egypt with 506 milion citizens which is my personal record in any game;D

I admire how AI from Europe is replaying world colonization every time and others struggle to organize their countries on far less profitable terrain. It seems you achieved to make geography of this map to mirror real world conditions that influenced how our history developed.

Thank you. Mirroring real world conditions was what I was trying to achieve. :)

Top Bottom