SANCTA Embassy & Intelligence

Hehe, SANCTA have just teched IW...

I'll take more screenshots of SANCTA's demographics on our coming turn. Their Mfg is very high, Cav think they are producing Colossus.

We should also get a reply ready to their proposal as we'll have IW next turn.

That could make sense - and it would follow that the recent mfg drop was due to them switching to build some units in light of the recent appearance of many barbarians.

We currenty have:

Fishing Pottery Priesthood Writing Alphabet Code of Laws
The Wheel Animal Husbandry Bronze Working Iron Working Monarchy
Agriculture Meditation
Hunting Polytheism
Mysticism
Mining

SANCTA currently has:
Fishing Pottery Priesthood The-Wheel Animal-Husbandry Bronze-Working Iron-Working Agriculture Meditation Hunting Mysticism Mining Metal-Casting

The only techs we have that SANCTA does not are Writing, Alpha, Monarchy and Polytheism. (See Attached screenshot) We got Polytheism from MS and Monarchy from Cavalieros. That means the only things we TECHED that SANCTA does not have are Writing and Alpha. But since SANCTA has Metal Casting, it seems to cancel that out in terms of teching.

But we have had the highest tech rate for almost the whole game. How are they keeping up? How is their score so much higher? Does anyone have any info on who they might be trading with? Im not panicking... just some things I was mulling over... wondering if any on the team have thoughts.:confused:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0079.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0079.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 63
But we have had the highest tech rate for almost the whole game. How are they keeping up? How is their score so much higher? Does anyone have any info on who they might be trading with? Im not panicking... just some things I was mulling over... wondering if any on the team have thoughts.:confused:

They get a lot of score from culture and having the Oracle. Their population is also higher than ours.

Got a PM from General_W:

General_W said:
Nemaste Donsig,
The Ninjas salute the wise and mighty Kazakhstani peoples.

We haven’t heard back from you on our last letter – but it’s just as well, since in the light of recent events, we have come to realize that there might be an even more glorious path for us to walk with each other. We believe you’ll find this new proposal both generous and helpful in advancing your new, fledgling religion.

We’re calling this new deal…

The Path of Daytime Home Shopping
We agree to an Open Borders deal and a trade of knowledge. Along with you lopsided benefit from Open Borders, we also offer Sailing, Masonry and Monotheism, (447 :science: ) – and we’ll trade these with you for only two easy payments of Writing (less than 100 :science: value now) and Polytheism (149 :science: )!
We’d exchange technology with you as follows:
  1. Sailing for Writing
  2. Masonry for Polytheism
  3. Monotheism for Free! (as soon as we discover it, coming up soon)
But you must act fast! All technologies are individually hand crafted and come with a beautiful certificate of authenticity. Unfortunately this is a limited time offer.

We hope you find this deal greatly beneficial and we eagerly await your reply.

General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

Religion, useful
To the faithful and wise ones
Friendship beckons forth

Should we ignore this one, too?

Well I don't think we should agree to this. But we might want to string them along. Just ignoring them will put us on the top of their target list.

I think we should go along Sailing for Writing, then we suddenly change our mind due to some technicality. As far as I know, no one in our alliance got sailing. This would keep the motivated to think cooperation, and disrupt their military planning. When we come to Masonry later, we simply say we havent researched it, as we heard someone else are doing the wonders anyway.

I think we should go along Sailing for Writing, then we suddenly change our mind due to some technicality. As far as I know, no one in our alliance got sailing. This would keep the motivated to think cooperation, and disrupt their military planning. When we come to Masonry later, we simply say we havent researched it, as we heard someone else are doing the wonders anyway.
I agree we should offer to give then writing for sailing. Then back out of the deal later. Or, take sailing if our allies agree.:) MS are eventually going to give S&S writing anyway.;)

Yes, we go for "Writing vs. Sailing" in order to test the relationship. Then we fail to come up with masonry, as the commercial wing of our party rejected to research it.

We should first look to so Poly for Masonry as it's a tech we actually have!

We can say sorry for the silence because we were in a rush to finish the tech we were on and couldn't deviate from it, and we got it just in time too!

We can also tell them about the sea food question in the last message.

Finally, we can also say that we were given IW in exchange for techs we already had so we went for another offer.

Well I don't think we should agree to this. But we might want to string them along. Just ignoring them will put us on the top of their target list.
We should first look to so Poly for Masonry as it's a tech we actually have!

We can say sorry for the silence because we were in a rush to finish the tech we were on and couldn't deviate from it, and we got it just in time too!

We can also tell them about the sea food question in the last message.

Finally, we can also say that we were given IW in exchange for techs we already had so we went for another offer.
I agree with integrating these two approaches b/c as Cavscout says we need to say something to avoid focusing S&S's military buildup on us. We want to delay making ourselves a target as long as possible... since we have relatively small military, and are very vunerable to Spearmen... which SANCTA can produce.

This is what SANCTA sent to Cav:

Namaste, Methos The Ninjas salute the mighty Cavaleiros. We are most pleased to have met your people and to be beginning a new relationship. Based on your expressed desire for Open Borders and to secure safe passage for your brave vessel through our waterways and on to whatever mysteries the west holds… we wish to offer you two paths. You may follow either one with the blessing of the SAN.

The Way of Twilight: We agree that you'll declare war – and thus pass through the borders of the Inner Sanctum – with the eternal Shogun's personal guarantee of safety for your vessel. Then, as soon as your boat is past our borders, we will sign a peace deal and continue negotiations of friendship. The Way of Daylight: We agree to an Open Borders deal AND a trade of knowledge. Along with the lopsided benefit you'll receive from Open Borders (map knowledge, potential new contacts, trade routes when you learn Sailing), we will also offer you Metal Casting (or some other mutually agreeable technology to be determined) at a 100 beaker trade value discount in a trade that will be executed some time after turn 90 - in exchange for the secret of writing given to us at the same time we sign Open Borders.

What say you? We eagerly await your reply. General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA. An old silent sea… A letter dispatched abroad, Diplomacy starts.

And later:
Nemaste Methos, The Ninjas salute the wise and mighty Cavaleiros. We know we sent you another letter just yesterday, but in the light of recent events, we have come to realize that there might be an even more glorious path for us to walk with each other. We believe you’ll find this new proposal both generous and helpful. We’re calling this new deal… The Path of Daytime Home Shopping

We agree to an Open Borders deal and a trade of knowledge. Along with your lopsided benefit from Open Borders, we also offer Sailing, Masonry, Monotheism, and Hunting (506 ) – and we’ll trade these with you for just one easy payments of Alphabet (448 )! We’d exchange technology with you as follows:

1. Open borders right now.
2. Masonry & Sailing gifted to you immediately upon discovery (sailing is almost done)
3. Monotheism traded for Alphabet once we have writing. (and Monotheism, obviously)
4. Hunting for free – whenever you decide you’d like it!

But you must act fast! All technologies are individually hand crafted and come with a beautiful certificate of authenticity. Unfortunately this is a limited time offer.

We hope you find this deal greatly beneficial and we eagerly await your reply. General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

The Way of Daylight: We agree to an Open Borders deal AND a trade of knowledge. Along with the lopsided benefit you'll receive from Open Borders (map knowledge, potential new contacts, trade routes when you learn Sailing), we will also offer you Metal Casting (or some other mutually agreeable technology to be determined) at a 100 beaker trade value discount in a trade that will be executed some time after turn 90 - in exchange for the secret of writing given to us at the same time we sign Open Borders.
We might consider encouraging Cavalieros to make this trade. Writing for Metal Casting? Wow that is pretty lopsided.

Why would we be against this?

They do not want to trade Metal Casting to us, as we are a military target. They want Writing right away, in order to attack us with their industrial lead.

I think they give out metal casting like that, to establish what kind of treaty we have. We need to do the same as MS, we only ask for Metal Casting when it fits into our build queue.

No trades with Sancta by us or Cav, it would turn around and bite us in the long run.

I think this is very revealing, SANCTA don't really seem to have given diplomacy much thought and it doesn't look like they are aware just yet of the extent of our cooperation with Cav.

SANCTA are trying to trade individually and have made no efforts to form a more lasting alliance with either us or Cav.

It also seems clear to me that SANCTA don't have an established pact with Saturn. MS have been smart in holding back the techs they were due to receive from us as it seems to have worked in keeping SANCTA in the dark...

I think we avoid trading - we have a commanding tech lead and research output.

We have about twice as much research output as Sancta - unless they are offering something along the lines of a 2 for 1 trade we should refuse.

That said - lets string them along. We can agree to writing for sailing. This means they waste time teching sailing - which is far less useful than writing. And then we end up not doing the trade. As cover we can use the excuse that we got it elsewhere 1st - which we likely will.

We need to say something to them soon! donsig, fancy drafting something up or shall I?

Cav also don't want to trade with SANCTA and have asked for MC but SANCTA said no.

Top Bottom