Scientific cooperation

Fjord

Chieftain
Sometimes it can be quite difficult to catch up with the technological level of a large and advanced nation. What if there could be something called a scientific cooperation?
All members of such an alliance would get a substantial bonus in their research - e.g. own level + 50 % of the base level from all resarch combined for all nations in that coallition??

A minor point which I'm sure has been mentioned by others: rescources should not only appear, but also disappear (--> depleted). Espescially in the late part of the game.

Thoughts?

Sometimes it can be quite difficult to catch up with the technological level of a large and advanced nation. What if there could be something called a scientific cooperation?
All members of such an alliance would get a substantial bonus in their research - e.g. own level + 50 % of the base level from all resarch combined for all nations in that coallition??

What would the drawback be? Having to research the same technology (and which player decides which technology?)? I'd prefer being able to trade progress towards a tech directly on the trading screen.

A minor point which I'm sure has been mentioned by others: rescources should not only appear, but also disappear (--> depleted). Espescially in the late part of the game.

Yep. Some Resources could be plantable, too (Corn, Wheat, etc.).

Scientific cooperation like the ITER fusion reactor? Or could there be scientific cooperation on a space station outpost such as the ISS? Maybe a joint collaboration of a detailed map of the moon by the various satellite pictures from different nations put together?

Scientific cooperation can be done in permanent alliances (and vassals?) as is, but I guess you're looking for a specific scientific alliance. The idea does have some merit, but I think it should only be implemented in the late game (that seems realistic), and should only be allowed if your civilization is capable of providing (90/n)% of the research (whereby n is the number of civs in the alliance). This would stop abuse of the system if you didn't put anything into it, and would stop you from just halting scientific research when you entered into an alliance. The deal would be cancelled immediately if you feel below that minimum percentage of research, and all research points you contributed would be given to you, and all of the other points taken away.

Top Bottom