City limits

Maybe every AI civ considers the others as 'invincible' and doesn't dare attack them? A bit like the Vikings in The Rood and the Dragon.

In other words, to build a cannon requires saltpeter, iron, and a barracks.

Im afraid, its impossible without a source code.

I am considered weak to 'almost' everyone. Many times civ's will just declare war and attack each other. I still get occasional 'give me this or war', but it seems everyone is overly peace-loving (perhaps they are all smoking the special cigarettes?) :smoke:

EDIT: Seems they are all getting back to normal, must have been nothing.

It happens to me in every 10-12 games, lets guess its just randomizer. Currently Im in war with Celtic and Arabian nations, they've got two of my towns, so probably wasnt really bug. Havent find any new bugs yet, will search more.

If I want to play the latest patch 'Civ3Conquests_noraze_c_no_unit_limit.rar', on a user created map.

Do I have to open the map in 'Civ3CE.rar' first and save it, so it can then handle more than 512 cities etc?

Thanks

No. The .rar files need to be extracted (they're like .zip files).

The rest of the question depends on how many cities you want to have on the map at the start of the scenario. If you want there to be more than 512 cities on the map at the beginning of the game, then you'll need to use the editor in this thread to place them. If you want less cities to start (or even none, like the unmodded game), but just want the potential to have more than 512 cities during the game, then you don't need to use the editor, just the patch.

I wasn't even aware of the Unit limit, but then again the largest amount of units I've ever crammed into a mod was nowhere near 8192!:crazyeye:

The city limit and noraze cracks are extremely helpful. I second the removal of the tech and improvement limitations beyond 256 - that would be very helpful.

Same with the resource limitation of 32 strat\lux, but I fear that would be a tougher nit to crack, and I also think would only be useful in Scenarios with pre-placed resources, as I have seen some whacky and undesirable affects on randomized resource placement when you have massive resource types.

I am still having trouble getting past 512 cities on a user created map.

I build the city then save, it crashes, if I debug into Visual Studio it breaks at this line

0058B2E8 mov ecx,dword ptr [eax+8]

Help please.

Hello
I dl and tried " Civ3Conquests_noraze_c_no_unit_limit.exe ".
The noraze city doesn't work for me. I get the old question if I like to keep the City or Raze it:(
I usally play with the " Civ3Conquests_NoRaze " and it works good but it would be nice to also have no unit limit so anyone know what could be the trouble?

Some have gotten the patch to work to where the human player does not have the option to raze either. I believe El Justo has this working in Age of Imperialism (IIRC); not sure what he did though; and it was with the no-raze only patch. Perhaps he can say he there was a specific no-raze which did this, or it was something else he did, which could be used similarly with this patch.

Maybe it's another power of 2…? :dunno:

Some have gotten the patch to work to where the human player does not have the option to raze either. I believe El Justo has this working in Age of Imperialism (IIRC); not sure what he did though; and it was with the no-raze only patch. Perhaps he can say he there was a specific no-raze which did this, or it was something else he did, which could be used similarly with this patch.

The Age of Imperialism patch indeed does not allow human city razing. I've been using that one for everything (where I want no-raze), didn't realize some of the no-raze patches did allow human city razing.

I am hitting the same problem others have - AI simply stops building cities at 512 even though the human player can keep on building. This is a serious issue in my current mod as it starts off with 400+ preplaced cities on a 362 map. Civs may have between 2 and 50+ cities preplaced, which seems imbalanced but the mod rules will make expansion far easier for the smaller nations, so it becomes a matter of tactics.

Problem is that is all shot to heck now because the AI seems to still be hitting the 512 limit. I've raised the optimal city limit and reduced corruption, still not working. The 512 AI limit affects nations of all size - the 50+ city nation stops building new cities exactly when all other nations, even ones with 4 or 5 cities at that point.

I can try making the palace auto generate settlers to see if that gets around the issue, but I really do not want to do this, as for the reasons stated above it will completely throw off the expansion balance already planned for this mod.

So, others here have said they can get the AI to keep building after 512. My question to you is what did you do?

It's official. Even with the Palace autoproducing settlers, the AI will stop using them at 512 cities. The only thing this patch does is allow the player to build beyond that.

I've probably lost about 100 hours of development time on MZDR 362. That mod now joins my scrapheap of never to-be-finished mods. The 180 will continue, but this has completely taken the wind out of my sails for now. :(

Others have said it worked for them though. I think Ares was one of them. I'm tempted to test it out again.

I know, which is why this issue caught me so off guard. If someone can tell me how to get it to work, let me know. Trust me I really wish it was working for me as I HATE to throw away all this work. If anyone can solve this issue I'll buy them an ice cream or a beer.

I've attached my testing BIQ for others to test with (this is just my testing biq which I intended on using just for turn optimization - never made it that far, not even close to final MZDR - though it is the accurate starting cities and nations). It's a RAwR file. ;)

You should know in this version the Palace generates a settler every turn. Play as any country, smaller is faster to get going, play for 100-150 turns and retire. You'll see at some point the AI just stops using even the free settlers they already have.

Attachments

• MZDR_Tier1_362_PerfTest.rar
    169.2 KB · Views: 141
Top Bottom