***Civilopedia Icon/Text Request Thread***

Are you sure? If it's not quite what you had in mind, I can find something else easily.

Well, it's just that in this picture, you see Christianity being overthrown, but there are many other religions. On the other hand, it's immediately obvious what this picture is about, and it's hard to make a religious building or whatever that's so generic that it could stand for any religion. If you have better ideas, I'd love to see them, but this one would be okay too.

Well another idea I had was a sort of fight scene between a monk, a priest and an imam. But that would involve finding loads of stuff for poser and putting it all together there, as methinks it'd be hard to find that as a pic online, which'd take ages for me. But if it worked better for you, I'd be happy to try.

Done! Check my library. ;D
Hope you like it.

Wahey! Someone's using my stuff! =D
I'm sure other people have, but it's good to see someone say it.

I would like to request some resources.

- Silver
- Pigs
- Fruits

I need them for a scenario on my [civ3].

I think this is the right place for this request:

When multiple ships are in a tile and units are being loaded/swapped (ship chaining) is it possible to show the current movement points remaining of each ship, like the current unit capacity?

@CommandoBob - Hi!

1) This is NOT the place for this question - the section that discusses game mechanics (movement) would be a better place, but no worries! I won't hold it against you, lol! ;)

2) I'll tell you what I do to keep up with ship-chaining. I number my unit carrying ships. For example, I number galleons GA01, GA02 etc. If GA01 is sitting out in the ocean and has not moved, then I know that GA01 is the ship to load for maximum movement points when I bring in GA02. By being aware of which numbers are sitting and which are moving in, you can all ways use the correct ships in a massive ship chain move, no matter the stack size. Just jot down the numbers or commit the stack to memory.

3) A neat part of this is keeping up with your oldest ship that upgrades. Let's say you number a Galley GY01, GY02 etc., 'GY' for 'Galley'. It up grades over time, keeping the same designation letters. By the time it becomes a Transport ('TR' when built new, but still 'GY' if upgraded from game start), you'll know what your oldest gametime ships are, lol. This trick can also work for ground units that you start the game with - it's like a mini-game to see where your 1st worker, spear or warrior unit ends up in year 2000 after numerous upgrades (assuming you've not lost them, lol).

Of course, I think that movement is one of the lousiest aspects of the game, so I use custom settings to increase my movements from 1-3 per turn(whatever it is) to 2-16 per turn. In 2 years (the smallest turn in a normal generic campaign), ships should be able to cross an ocean if they were capable of doing so in history, in my humble opinion. Galleons, for example, crossed the Atlantic in a matter of months - both ways with luck! Of course, Civ movement in general does not cover the historic reality of just how fast even ancient man could cross land or water. They cite game balance, I say nonsense, the designers should have gone in to the design from the start with realistic movement in mind.

You however, will have to decide for yourself just how fast you want your units to be. Just don't forget to change the movement numbers in your civpedia if you decide to go mad with it like I do in my private scenarios, lol!

Happy playtime! ;) :)

@CommandoBob - Hi!

1) This is NOT the place for this question - the section that discusses game mechanics (movement) would be a better place, but no worries! I won't hold it against you, lol! ;)
I'll post in that forum, thanks.

Did anybody ever do a tech icon for tourism? I could have sworn I've seen it, but now I can't find it on here...

I have a question about this particular unit made by Wyrmshadow:

What is it? What model/manufacturer? I done some research about paradrooped artillery pieces but do not crossed any reference that may be usefull for this unit - there were many information on wiki and military pages but not all of them possesed pictured included - and since I'm no expert in military artillery, I cannot identified this unit (I even use google function "search by image" but all I received were pictures of a... wheelchairs and snow-skeeters :lol:). I do not know what to add to Civipedia when I add this unit into my games. Well - something else than rather laconic statement: "This is a kind of gun you can paradrop with your paratrooper battalion or airlifted it from one city to another" :(

Have you checked the file info and/or thread?

Unfortunately there is no single thread for this unit alone - maybe there is something buried deep in Wyrmshadow's "unit factory" thread (if he have one) but when I used search option (the "google" one, not this for download database) for: "Paratrooper Gun + Wyrmshadow" I found nothing of value (some links to paradroping units, but I din't find that particular one). In file info there is only "Created by Wyrmshadow" - nothing more... :(

I just need a name, a model of this marvelous piece of arm - then I could google-it myself :) (of course if there is any content about it on the net)

Found this image of an german WW2 anti-tank gun called "2,8-cm-schwere Panzerbüchse 41" (short: sPzB 41). It was also used by fallschirmjäger-divisions, but with a lightweight carriage without suspension. Looks very similar IMHO (apart from the undercarriage). English Wikipedia-article here.

Thanks, it looks more than similar - it have to be this one and the same :) Hmmm... I was close - but never think of searching under category "anti-tank" - I was under impression this is some kind of experimental gun for mountain divisions :blush:

Top Bottom