MOD Problems

Luffeh

Chieftain
None of the mods work for me when I try to play them. I am able to download them, then save them to the correct area, and get them to show up on the 'Load a Mod' screen, but whenever I try to play them, some random error pops up. Most of the time, it's different than the errors from the other mods. I'm using Civilization Vanilla with all the patches installed. It's really starting to frustrate me, so I would appreciate some help :(

Oh, and first post on CFC :rockon:

Welcome to CFC!!!:thumbsup:

Are you sure you are playing mods that are the same version? In other words, if you are playing Civ IV (Vanilla) patched to version 1.74 then you can only play MODs that are compatible with that. If you try MODs for a different version of Civ 4, or for Warlords or BTS, they simply won't work.

Post the name of a couple of the MODs you are trying to get to work, and preferably, a link to the thread/location where you downloaded them.

Also - just to be sure - you can play regular Civ IV (unmodded) without any errors right?

As far as I know, most of the mods I'm trying to play are compatible. And since I have Civ IV Vanilla, I'm trying to dig up old MODs to play. One example would be the Pirates! MOD. Another would be the WW3 mod.

As to your second question, I can play it, but all the tiles look like Oil tiles, and the game lags badly.

Nah, it was one for Vanilla, I think. I'll look through the forum for it, and edit my post when I find it.

EDIT: Agh, yeah, that was it. It never said BtS anywhere, and in the comments, it was asked whether or not it would be upgraded to BtS, so I assumed it was for vanilla.

Top Bottom