House of Savoy

Yes, I thought about Emmanuelle (I lived in Italy for some years)... but while he was of the house of Savoy, I consider him more of something for just an Italian civ...

Ok, *ahem* Emmanuelle is a female name, Cavour and Garibaldi aren't of House of Savoy, but at least Cavour has been a leader in government so he might work, but certainly not Garibaldi (he should be a Great General) who incidentally worked for House Savoy for only a period of his life; and this not to mention that these two men are contemporary so they really shouldn't be both choices for House Savoy.

The most important leaders for House Savoy have been IMHO Amedeo VI "Il Conte Verde", and Vittorio Amedeo II "La Volpe Savoiarda". Without these two great and daring leaders House Savoy would have never survived the end of Feudalism.
Vittorio Emanuele II (the one you turned into a woman :D ) was little more than an opportunist who overthrew the King of Sicily (which Cavour didn't want to do, btw).

Ok, *ahem* Emmanuelle is a female name, Cavour and Garibaldi aren't of House of Savoy, but at least Cavour has been a leader in government so he might work, but certainly not Garibaldi (he should be a Great General) who incidentally worked for House Savoy for only a period of his life; and this not to mention that these two men are contemporary so they really shouldn't be both choices for House Savoy.

The most important leaders for House Savoy have been IMHO Amedeo VI "Il Conte Verde", and Vittorio Amedeo II "La Volpe Savoiarda". Without these two great and daring leaders House Savoy would have never survived the end of Feudalism.
Vittorio Emanuele II (the one you turned into a woman :D ) was little more than an opportunist who overthrew the King of Sicily (which Cavour didn't want to do, btw).

When I made the civ, I only had Cavour in. I consider him the best choice.

I added Garibaldi later, when I saw he was already created... I don't agree that he isn't a good choice though, because he was a nationalist and from the area run by Savoy... and very bitterly betrayed when they gave Nizza to France. Anyhow, basically, I was just taking the chance to use this great leaderhead that Capo had done... not the best choice... but Sitting Bull is a pretty odd choice for a civilization that was never even a civilization, and Ragnar was an odd choice when they could have used someone we know is real, etc...

Anyhow, to me Vittorio symbolizes Italy as a whole... he is already in the Italian mod out there. I might add him though because he was important to Savoy before he was important to Italia.

You can always make a leader unavailable by changing the civinfos file to say "0" instead of "1" under the leader's name/availability (near the bottom of the civinfos file).

I agree with onedreamer but this is only my opinion; anyone can use the leaders he likes in his mod! :)

However, accordingly with civ4 standards, the one leader to choose should be Cavour because:

1) Garibaldi, Victor Emanuel II and Cavour was contemporary;
2) Garibaldi was a general (and a republican, don't forget it!) and Victor Emanuel II a king of a "modern age" kingdom, where the real leader is the prime minister (Cavour); think about England or France, where the LHs are kings/queens in the early ages (Elizabeth I, Louis XIV) and prime ministers in the modern age (Churchill, De Gaulle).

Anyway, great mod! :goodjob:

Have you considered to take Amadeus VI, the Green Count, as Savoy Leader? He was an important late medieval personality.

I would certainly add him if there was a good LH for him. The more the merrier I always say.

I just wanted to give a quick update on Benso Camillo, basically he is nearly finished, I am simply having trouble getting the collar on his jacket to look right, once that is done it is a simple matter of some testing/polishing. So depending on how much time I have on my hands it will probably be done within the next ten days.

Excellent dude, just let me know and I will try to get it updated rapidly!

He's almost finished, this is what he looks like as I write this...

...and I think Benso Camillo is a great choice, I don't know why anyone would suggest that the Prime Minister wouldn't be a good choice.

Why is Garibaldi's button so large? It way surpasses their standard size.
I will look into fixing the Garibaldi...
Is this going to be updated with my Cavour LH or what?! :mad:
When I install the Cavour!
I didn't know he was ready dude!!!

I haven't modded anything for over a year, but I should be able to figure it out quickly enough.
Thanks again!!!

He is installed, and the new update is posted in the downloads section.

Top Bottom