Some Modern Units ( Infantries and Riflemen )

As I'm working on these units because they are going to be part of the update of ethnicae asap I finish, it will be a pleasure to make some scottish for sure ;)

let's say, after 3 weeks ... is it ok for you ?

Works for me :)

I have a request... is it possible if you could take the head from your v2 Ottoman (without the hat) and put it on your African camo ones (so only the head gets replaced and the hat is kept). I plan on using them for Libya.

coffee junkie

I have been searching for some generic WW1 infantry model for European nations, and I think your English infantry looks good, but does it work with team colors? Would be nice if their belts would be team colored, and perhaps some sleeve markings also in team color.

Also, the Russians don't look Russians at all :)
Here is a link to a typical WW1 Imperial Russian army uniforms
http://www.landships.freeservers.com/russian_uniforms.htm

And no, not every Russian soldier was a Cossack :)
Cossack were elite, usually cavalry troops, but they only made up a small portion of Russian army which was the largest in WW1. 80% of army were peasant conscripts

Also, any desire to take on a WW1 early tank? =)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:British_Mark_V_(male)_tank.jpg

I have a request... is it possible if you could take the head from your v2 Ottoman (without the hat) and put it on your African camo ones (so only the head gets replaced and the hat is kept). I plan on using them for Libya.

The Ottoman head is a bernie14 mesh from Civ V and the head is together sculpted with the hat ( not like the V1 Ottomans where the hat and the head were separated )

As more modern units are planned very soon ( 3 weeks ) or currently at work, and somes with camo, it will be easier to make your choice of head/uniforms :lol:

And as the head texture is already done in a separate file ... ;) it will be easier for me to make the kind of head ( ottoman V2 ) you want :)

Ethnicae update is planned on December 15th :D so, after this date, if you don't find your happiness in my units, I'll do specific ones for your need :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

coffee junkie

I have been searching for some generic WW1 infantry model for European nations, and I think your English infantry looks good, but does it work with team colors? Would be nice if their belts would be team colored, and perhaps some sleeve markings also in team color.

Also, the Russians don't look Russians at all :)
Here is a link to a typical WW1 Imperial Russian army uniforms
http://www.landships.freeservers.com/russian_uniforms.htm

And no, not every Russian soldier was a Cossack :)
Cossack were elite, usually cavalry troops, but they only made up a small portion of Russian army which was the largest in WW1. 80% of army were peasant conscripts

Also, any desire to take on a WW1 early tank? =)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:British_Mark_V_(male)_tank.jpg

First, thank you for the link : the pictures are really interesting ! :)

About the team colors : I don't really care about since units are flagged in game. The pixels I work on are not colored only, they are textured. For example, a belt is based on real leather and not only on a brown/black color. In addition, I don't have always the choice : I work with the .nif files I find the best for my goals and most of time, they are not team colored ...

The russian rifleman you can see below in my previous post is a prototype. Not yet finished : the red shoulder scraps ( epaulettes ? ) are not made ;)

Yes ... I know ... Not every Russian soldier was a cossack. ;)

My purpose for now is to finish and update Ethnic Mix More which will be named now Ethnicae

So, the units you see in this topic are the ones which will be used in my mod. And so, as Ethnicae is based on the basic BTS civilizations, I have to make some choices about uniforms ... And I choose something approaching a cossack.

Of course, I could make a unit with 2 or 3 different meshes and skins and I don't say I won't do it but not now.

I'm currently updating more than 500 units ( around 1 complete civilization each 2/3 days ) + all the stuff of the mod and I do it alone, from A to Z. See the job ? :lol: :crazy eye:

More explanations and pictures about Ethnicae here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=337526

About the tanks, planes, ships : I don't do this stuff at all. I'm not good enough for these units and as many modders around, I use the ones of the people around who are so much better than me for non-human units :lol:

After the update of Ethnicae, I will be more available to answer to any ask of human units. So, if you wish, I will make specific russian units ( non cossack ) for you ;)

Hope to have made a complete answer ! :crazyeye:

^Thanks, but after looking closer I believe that actually the head of the Ottoman (without hat) v1 would actually fit my need better. If you don't wan't to it's okay, I can then just ask in the Unit request thread :)

Wow. That's a big work coffee junkie ! :hatsoff:
I do have some ideas but I'll wait you make a first release :D
I'll come with my list after that or do I have to take a number and wait in line lol :joke:

here the unit : a Russian Modern Unit ( to use at your conveniance : I use it as a Marine ). I worked much on it. Hope you'll enjoy ! :) It is based on The Capo and achilleszero Mongol unit work ... I loved the Chapka !

DOWNLOAD
( infantry animation )

These are very cool units, I integrated most of them into my mod.

Still, I have one minor request: can you make that Russian Infantry to fire from PPSh or some SMG from WW2? I'm asking because these unit could fill WW2 infantry role very nicely.

"to fire from PPSh or some SMG" from WW2

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Could you tell me what is PPSh and SMG please ?

"to fire from PPSh or some SMG" from WW2

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Could you tell me what is PPSh and SMG please ?

SMG = Sub-machine-gun

PPSh = russian wwii sub-machine-gun, i.e.:

Thanks for the answer ! :lol: Very clear. ;)

Asap I finish Ethnicae, I will have some times to study stuff like weapons. I have a friend who is very good in 3D and knows guns much much better than me. So ... I won't be surprised if some guns would appear in Ethnicae 2012, the apocalyptic update :lol: :lol:

Before, let me introduce you some new units

Dutch rifleman and machine gunner :

Then, these ones for Pacific/Polynesia/Maori civilization based on Bakuel's Berseglieri I have changed a bit in Blender ( the trousers ) based on historic pictures you can watch in Ethnicae thread ...

- - - - -

I did too the more modern units for Pacific/Polynesia/Maori ( infantry, AT infantry, Sam infantry, Marine, Paratrooper ) but nothing very original ( except the tattoos on their faces )

Here :

:)

These units also looks fantastic, same as your ancient and medieval units! :goodjob:

First Step : done ...

Ethnicae is released and has been posted ;)

I take a break and I wish you all a merry merry Xmas !!! :cool:

Next step in january ...

Thanks Coffee Junkie for your awesome ottoman units but there is a problem with the infantry. There is a little square of uniform on the right hand... Could you fix it please?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2012-04-07 à 08.29.48.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2012-04-07 à 08.29.48.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 167
It's his map... shouldn't be there though

I have a suggestion for the Modern Chinese Units (if you are considering making them).

I like to have them based off the National Revolutionary army who were against the Japanese and Chinese communists. Here are some images to give you an idea:

I like to see your take on the Modern Chinese Units, though I prefer to see the units look like the one on the 2nd image.

Then, these ones for Pacific/Polynesia/Maori civilization based on Bakuel's Berseglieri I have changed a bit in Blender ( the trousers ) based on historic pictures you can watch in Ethnicae thread ...

- - - - -

:)

This is a very helpful figuring out how Maori Fusilier / Linear Infantry and Cavalry in Civ6 should have look like when doing ethnic variations meow

Top Bottom