Heads Up! September Contest

Balthasar

Wise Man
In order to change the world, you have to get your head together first. - Jimi Hendrix

Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides

I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks. - Steve Martin

____________________________________​

Heads are very important to the Civ3 player. The leaderheads are your opponents. The Advisor Head in the corner can remind you of something you've forgotten. The popheads on your city screen tell you whether you need more military, a cultural boost, or a tax hike.

But there have only been two new leaderheads made in the last year, and new popup advisors and popheads are much rarer than that. When I went to make my WWII interface last year, I had to fashion my own new advisors and popheads. For WWII.

So this is the Contest, folks: Popheads or popup Advisors (as found in the Art/Smallheads game folder), and Leaderheads. All submissions should be game-ready. Submissions my be single or multi-era. All submissions should have a recent or current creation date. If we get enough entries, we will have separate contest polls for each: leaderheads, advisors, and popheads, and the winners will be posted in the Competitions Hall of Fame.

For the rest of us non-head makers, I encourage forum citizens to use the rest of this thread for bartering: if you'd like to see a particular pophead or advisor set or leaderhead made, you may offer a graphic or other game component to the contest winner in trade. Creators are free to accept any barter offer made. No other type of barter is allowed in this thread, so don't try to offer to write a term paper or do anyone's taxes, or I'll have your post deleted. :trouble:

All entries should be submitted to the Monthly Competitions Submission Thread with the tag: Heads Up Contest. All pcx submissions will also be automatically entered into the regular monthly pcx competition, and the winner of the leaderhead category will have status as a monthly winner as well, and be entered into the year-end Leaderhead of the year competition. All Heads Up! entries must be submitted by October 1, 2014.

So I hope this results in some great entries in a category of customization and creation that has been very, very, neglected. So,

Ladies and Gentlemen! Let there be HEADS!

Attached exemplars: View attachment popupDOMESTIC.pcx, View attachment popHeads.pcx.

Well, I could definitely use an animated Leaderhead of Godzilla to replace the static one I have now in Modzilla.

For trade, I could create a map of any location on Earth for you, or a non-earth location if you can come up with an image of what you want. Alternatively, I could research some civilizations for you - cities, names, religion, etc.

Yeah, it sounds fun and I hope this gets some good results.

Until Gojira54 gets what he wants, here's a place holder.:lol:

Top Bottom