[SoI]Fatimids Cultural Victory

Completed siege of Antioh, Edessa (razed both) and capture Tartus with losing only 1 catapult.
Lucky with Great Engineer in Al-Qahira, bulbed Kizil Kule in Duba.
Settled Hamah, Maras, Irbid, Al-Uqsur(completed land goal), lucky with free shia spread twice.
After peaceful vassalize Sindh, i clear place for Maras(poor Armenian Malatya:cry:)
Spoiler :

Meeting Seljuks(trade olives for 6:gold:/turn), Khwarezm and Hindu states - nothing interesting.

Victory condition:
Spoiler :

Zengids capture Samarra, their offensive army consists of 18~20 units.

Steal Guilds from Abbasids and at end i capture Baghdad and Qustantiniyah:D
Total lost: 1 catapult, 2 trebs, 2 BCs.

To do:
Avoid completed 3/3 UHV;
Build Kutlug-Timur and Bagrati Cathedral;
Change civics after Golden Age start;
Steal and trade tech(Cheque system, Crop Rotation and Selective Breeding).

Attachments

• Al-Muizz AD-1150end play.CivBeyondSwordSave
    610.2 KB · Views: 165
I focused mainly on building in this set, since we had already done our main conquests (in short term). Abbasids collapsed on the second turn and Byzantium some time later. I built or started building all the available wonders. I traded for Crop rotation, Cheque system and stole Selective Breeding from Rum. I had to limit the growth of our re-settlements with only Shia, since they were taking us dangerously close to our UHV. I also concentrated on spawning GMs, since we need to settle them in Cairo.

Spoiler :

To do:
  • Build wonders
  • Spawn GMs
  • Improve economy
  • Prepare for Mongols
  • Conquer Kufah?

To do:
  • Build wonders
  • Spawn GMs
  • Improve economy
  • Prepare for Mongols
  • Conquer Kufah?

3. Priority for companies buildings if possible?
4. Active def vs Mongols or not? If first - need OB with Seljuks for suicide catapults near Baghdad.
5. No, need manage to complete 2/3 URV as last step.

More discuss:
We can steal one tech (don't remember name, before Cavalry Tactics) in 1210 AD Khwarezm;), later Medicine in Gujarat.
I can vassalize Zengids and conquest Smirna+Attalia for Roman Imperor title, do it?

Royal Mint better in Al-Alexandria or in Al-Qahira?
Place for other National Wonders?
Tech path - beeline to Astronomy?

3. Research and company buildings sound good. Some gold buildings to the coast cities as well.
4. I would say semi-active, meaning that weaken them spawn with suicide-catapults and mop everything wondering inside Baghdad's BFC.
5. Ok

You mean the Heavy Spearmen tech? Go ahead (as you seemingly have..) :D
We can vassalise Zengids for their company resources, I would take Attalia and Ankyra to avoid Ottoman flipzone.

I was pondering the same thing during my set, so I that's why I didn't start it yet. Alexandria can quite easily get +50 gold from companies, which would mean roughly seven settled GMs in Cairo + Karim company, so perhaps Alexandria would be better, since we'll need the gold more now than later.
If we put Royal Mint to Alexandria, I would put the Research building in Cairo and vice-versa. Medical building to Damascus naturally. Soltaniyeh or Summer palace in Bagdad?
For tech path I would go for Mechanical Engineering and take the extra beakers towards Astronomy. Sometimes Oman has Optics to trade.

Spoiler :

Our spy made a trip to the great city of Urgench(steal Levy Armies). Next country - Gujarat via sea.:D
We have discovered Finery Forge, Mechanical Engineering and Optics. Now we have 100% science and +25:gold:pt:)
Vassalise Zengids(declare war with Kingdom of Georgia), trade hemp/sheep/etc for cotton/wheat/money when it become possible.

Great Seljuks have become Shahanshah and capture Southern Iraq.
Crusaders respawn as Kingdom of Cyprus.
Only two bad events happen: indies destroy work boat near Constantinople, dye near Dimashq exhaused. One good event happaned: i choose +2:gold: for confectioner in Al-Qahira.
Little Anatolian army ready to capture Attalia.

To do:
  • Prepare Mongols(Syria, Iraq);
  • Choose tech path;
  • Build WWs;
  • Complete Roman Imperor title;
  • Start preparing for expansion in Mereb Mellash and Aksum;

Attachments

• Al-Muizz AD-1207endplay.CivBeyondSwordSave
    691.7 KB · Views: 98
Quite uneventful set. We took Attalya and reinforced Baghdad. I began training two assassins by letting them always sit two turns in Rakka or Edessa and then stealing money with 97% odds. We should promote the assassins to escape artist first and then detection evasion.

After Alchemy I used one GS for the +50% beakers building in Cairo and chose the +1 health option from the following event. I also chose the +1 health from the Al Jazari workshop, since don't really need the beakers.

Spoiler :

To do:

• Defend against the Mongols
  • Build few more Heavy Lancers
  • Train the assassins
  • After Mongols, take Ankyra
  • Avoid UHV for few more turns, it is going to be tight, since the mongols will decrease the overall population

To do:
  • Defend against the Mongols
  • Build few more Heavy Lancers
  • Train the assassins
  • After Mongols, take Ankyra
  • Avoid UHV for few more turns, it is going to be tight, since the mongols will decrease the overall population

It's easy:D
1. Planned after 1250AD to raze Amastris, Eskişehir, Sivas+Kaisery(can rebuild city between 3 food resources, 6 hills), Samarra(rebuild later 1N, no overlap with Baghdad, cover wheat, cotton, sulfur, 3 hills, disband Mosul:rolleyes: sometime).
2. Imamat of Yemen ask to be vassal state. Agree?

Yeah, take Yemen as vassals, because we will want all of their incense and later coffee. :D

Many events in my set:
  • Imamat of Yemen become a vassal state, trade all incenses:
    Spoiler :
  • Little cultural event(+250:culture:):
    Spoiler :
  • The soil near Al-Qahira(-2:food:, -1 :commerce:) has suffered:mad::
    Spoiler :
  • After Mongols Invasion in Asia Minor and Iraq I razed many cities, rebuild Samarra 1N:
    Spoiler :

Also i capture Ankara and start to improved land near this city, plus receive 3rd title. Completed Ulugh Beg Observatory and Soltaniyeh.
Buy map from Seljuks, nearest Hindu cities - Farah and Firuzkuh.

Other: Armenistan and Abbasids has been destroyed.

To do:
  • Clear Asia Minor;
  • Return assassin from FarEast(Gujarat dont want study Chemestry:sad:), training other;
  • Trade fur and deer with Sindh,rice with Delhi Sultanate when it's become possible;

Discuss:
  • The colonization of the African coast of the Red Sea for us or liberated cities for Imamate of Yemen;
  • Rebuild Smirna 1N? It covered additional silver and olives:mischief:

Attachments

• Al-Muizz AD-1273endplay.CivBeyondSwordSave
    777.3 KB · Views: 102
I declared war on Byzantium and they collapsed soon after, so you decide what to do with their remnants. I focused on training the assassins and building health buildings for the coming plague.

To do/decide:
  • What to do with the Ottomans?
  • Train assassins
  • I left one assasin in India and made Sindh to research Chemistry for us, it is going to take a while though
  • I have been kissing Delhi's ass to get rice and other goodies and I got them, but the deal was recently canceled. Renew it, if possible.
  • Decide what to do with Indies in Asia Minor and Thrace.
  • Should we take Patronage already? Our economy is extremely solid

HNY!:)
I razed all cities in West Asia Minor and rebuild Izmir 1N.

Santa Claus Mansa Musa visited us with a big bag of gifts 50% inflation in 1308AD:
Spoiler :

Also i capture Gwadar(for Hindu) and gifted Suq for Yemen, start to clear Persia.
Kingdom of Gujarat declare war on us and attack Mansura:
Spoiler :

Other events:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

To do:
Train general;
Try to stop war with hindu-states;
Build Hindu missionaries;

Attachments

• Al-Muizz AD-1344endplay.CivBeyondSwordSave
    839.2 KB · Views: 175
Jusos2108, we missed that some WWs requires "The Mongol Invasions Era or earlier". We need regame or failed 2nd goal:(

Qutb Minar and Vijay Stambha
Administrative Reforms are start Gunpowder Era
Also we can build Shahnameh which not in challenge:D

I reloaded an autosave, switched research and played few turns. Byzantium hasn't collapsed yet, but otherwise everything is pretty much the same.

Regame.
Sultanate of Delhi declared war on us, hajj of Mansa Musa in 1312AD.
Spoiler :

To do:
Train assassins and general;
Clear Abyssinia from indies;
Settled Suq and Salalah for Imamat of Yemen;
Enjoy the plague :D

Attachments

• Al-Muizz AD-1340endplay.CivBeyondSwordSave
    840.4 KB · Views: 123
Is the save somehow corrupted? It gives an error when trying to open it: Failed uncompress data or something like that.

Top Bottom