The Swiss Experience

sela1s1son

King
I won't give you the details of the map so you get a sense of exploration while I play. :mischief: Sorry for the small image size, just wanted to play it safe with my first post. I'll either post larger images when needed, or zoom in depending on the situation.

I begin the game on a huge world (only detail I will tell you). All victory conditions enabled.

The Swiss, in thier conquests as nomads before settling down, had conquered a people called the "Germans" and had been incorporated into thier society.

The Swiss start in what appears to be a fairly promising land, with a river to the east of the Settlers name it the Geneva river, while they name the Ocean Elmaria.

Bern is founded, and with th Ocean to the west, and land to the East the Swiss set out to forge thier destiny.

My scouts, all while chanting something about how cheese is holey confuse the natives of a village and convince them to join our empire, giving us settlers.Seeing no better to place to found, we decide to build a city and name it Zurich.

Bede, in his travels tells us that we are the second most advanced religion and also informs us that two belief systems are gaining popularity elsewhere... Budhism and Hinduism. This leads Swiss thinkers to try and better understand the world around them.

Great Swiss thinkers find inspiration in the tribe that joined thier great empire, and soon thier faith of the combined minds and cultures leads to a popular religion to be found amongst the populace of Zurich, and they see themselves as a Jewish faith. It is quickly adopted as the state religion.

The population of Bern have been getting a little stir crazy, and a band of intrepid pioneers and adventurors set out to found a new city following the path of the Geneva River to a mountain with a lake next to it. Naming the lake, and city, after the river they followed the build the city of Geneva.

Over the years we have met new civilizations, many with strange names like "Aztec" whose names are hard to pronounce, or Roman whose language takes getting use to. We also learn that Bede was right, and that the Hindu faith is quite popular in Spain, and was born there as well.

What lies ahead for the Swiss Empire?

Lord_Iggy said:
You modded the swiss right?

Good game so far!
I'm guessing he changed his Civ name once he started the game. Not really a mod. Although I thought the same thing at first mind you.

Years have passed, and the PArthenon, Stonehenge, and Oracle have been built in the Swiss Empire. The Stonehenge in Zurich, and the other two in Bern.

The Citys of Basel and Lausanne have been founded bringing the empire together via the both territory and the Trans-Zurich Road.

Screenshots coming soon!

Very cool! How do you name individual land-features like the Geneva River and Lake Geneva? :goodjob:

Further years role by and I find myself getting along well with my Roosevelt. My closest neighbors are the Aztecs to the south with Greeks south of them, the Persians to my South East and the Spanish to my North East. I have mapped French territory (the seemingly purple splotch), the Romans just to the west of them, and the Americans who occupy the lands to to as far to the East as I know.

Tacticus in his travels reaveals I am the most powerful Civilization he has encountered in his travels, sadly before he can share any further wisdom he slips and falls into the Geneva River drowning in a tragic accident. For the next decade, Ice cream is banned near bridges.

The vast Swiss Empire in all its glory is displayed here along with its resources.

So what do you guys think of the story so far?

Keep it up! I love the screenies! Even though i have Civ4 already, it's fun seeing other peoples games unfold, knowing that it's impossible to play the same game twice, or the same game as anyone else makes it all the funner.

The Caltrop said:
Very cool! How do you name individual land-features like the Geneva River and Lake Geneva? :goodjob:

Zoom ALL the way out to global view... then click the icon above the minimap (the one furthest to the left). Click Add Sign or something like that. :) Hope that helps! :-D

Thanks for the commentary everyone. :D It's more fun with landmarks! :D

Moses is born and rises to prominance in Bern, in an age where the faith has spread to many realms... China, the Aztecs, Greece, Japan, Mali, and the Arabs all have adopted the faith born in Zurich. His lifetime achievement is bringing to prominance the Temple of Solomon in the Faith in Zurich.

Here we can see a map of the Non-Swiss world. Many are slowly accepting our ways.

Tension grows with Spain, as they are the parents of another faith and share borders. Japan fights a short war against them. The victor was never made clear as it was a war well beyong our realm.

We also find that India founded Budhism, and soon France adopts thier ways as well. We are also revealed to be the Wealthiest civilization of all, by yet another traveler, who buys insurance before going near any bridges.

Many years have passed since the Swiss Empire was founded, and in 960 AD the Pyramids are built in Geneva to celebrate the coming 5,000th year Anniversery of the Swiss Empire.

A new faith, seemingly growing from our ancient Beliefs arises in Chur... our most Southern City. Theologins invite a missionary of this new faith to Zurich to learn from this new faith.

A great artist, known as Homer, from Bern goes to Geneva to tells a tale of the Great Swiss Sea Captain who sacraficed his ship to destroy a barbarian vessel. This leads to debate over if the tale is true or not. (Culture Bomb!)

And a map of the Swiss Empire as it currently stands in its glory, with a minimap of the world spliced in for comparison.

Oooh Bismarck has seperated to the Swiss! Hehe
Keep it up, me likey :)

Homer's tale is a culture bomb? Perhaps, but...

THIS is a REAL culture bomb.

Good job so far, Swiss Dictator!

Archimedes is Born in Geneva and leads the completion of the Sistine Chapel in Bern.

Tensions are growing between Switzerland and Spain! Bismark, assistant to Sela1s1son decides to prepare a force to take Barcelona and possibly other Spanish cities!!! The government shifts to a Vassal Police State in order to better prepare for the coming war, while the long established organized religion will help encourage the population to build faster!

Another traveler informs us that we are indeed the most cultured civ on the globe, while his companion Harkuf the Great Merchant teaches us the secret of Civil Service!!

Wonders built so far:
Geneva: The Pyramids, and Chichen Itza... and Notre Dame!
Bern: Great Library, Colossus, Oracle, Parthenon, Sistine Chapel
Zurich: Stonehenge and the Temple of Solomon

The attack force being prepared to take Barcelona: 3 Macemen, 2 Crossbowmen, a Longbowmen, and a Catapult. Hopes rise that Japan, and perhaps even Persia will join us in our efforts when we decide to take Spain. Surpise rises when Spain, converts to our faith despite thier long traditions, however the plans for invasion continue! The Swiss empire will not be bought up with artificial gestures.

Coming up next! FORGET NUETRALITY! :)

You might have wanted to take theocracy instead of Organized religion (Organized religion only helps buildings, and I'm guessing you're building units at this point)

(Screenshots coming later)

Thespis born in Bern and builds a gargantuan clock which also acts as a church, temple, and observatory.... a multifunctional building that is truely a work of art (Culture bomb).

The Swiss were first to circumnavigate the globe, and the explorer leading the expedition constructs an Acadamey in Geneva to teach new generations of Swiss. Geneva celebrates "We love the Dictator Day" to commerate such an event.

We find that France had developed close ties to Spain for many years, as for a long time they had a common faith. So to distract a possible ally for Spain, and taking advantage of the existing Franco-Egyptian War, Persia and Rome are convinved to attack France! We are also surprised when one of our allies against France convinces Spain to declare war on France! Quickly, with Swiss encouragement, the only civilizations not at War with France are the Arabs, and India.

Toynbee declares that we are the largest Civilization he has encountered in his travels.

WAR!!!! We beging our invasion of Spain going for Barcelona and Toledo!!!! Japan sides with us, and soon the English, Persians, Chinese, and others start siding with us as well.

Barcelona and Toledo both fall with only light casualties, other units suffer moderate damage and soon recieve a few supplemental men to refill thier ranks.

nice i really like your story

I like the way you are telling the story. It's a good idea to give land an seas names :lol:

Nice story!!

Zoom ALL the way out to global view... then click the icon above the minimap (the one furthest to the left). Click Add Sign or something like that. Hope that helps! :-D

I've added some signs and I've saved the game. After I have reloaded the game and all signs vanished.... Is it normal?

VICTORY!

Toledo and Barcelona fall to the MIGHTY Swiss forces! The Occupation force quickly sets to restoring order and preparing defenses to struggle forth and capture the remaining three cities of the Spanish fiends!

France is beyond the Swiss borders, with the Persians inbetween and the dictator of the Swiss does not wish to establish a province otherwise seperated from the heart of the Swiss Empire, so whil fall next? Will the Persians be betrayed? Will the Swiss forces, upon conquering Spain, just keep going running over Japan before realizing they should come to a halt?

Top Bottom