DI Catalouge and Development

Tambien

Theseus, Duke of Athens
Hi. Tambien here. :D
There have recently been a lot of new Divine Interventions. 3 new ones started this week! I believe two even started on the same day. I think it would be a good idea to have kind of a “Central” for DIs. So, I created this. :D

Our Primary Purpose is to catalogue all of the DIs. Past and Present.

Our Other Purpose is to develop the rules. If you have any ideas on how to make DI better, post them here.

You might want to check out Divine Intervention: Garden of the Gods, it is the original Catalogue thread.

What is a DI?
Garden of the Gods said:
Here's the idea - The mortal will play 50 turns. Then, they will post a save, and you - the god - shall make any number of changes that are in accordance with the rules. Your Divine Intervention, as it were. Then, you'll upload the save, and the mortal plays 50 more turns!

We tend to enjoy the story aspect of this game moreso than the actual game; we are not using these games to improve our skill at Civilization, so information provided is often less accurate than many sample games. Each game commonly has an evolving storyline that, while you are not expected to contribute to, you are expected not to just pointlessly derail.

Catalogue

New Games
These games have just starting out and are accepting signups.
Di rfc by Almighty Z. Traditional Ruleset

Continuing Games
These games have already begun. They may still accept signups.

Uncertain Status
These games are on hiatus. It is unknown whether they will restart or not.

Old Games
These games are the old DIs.
The Rise and Fall of Radio (a BTS DI) by Radio Noer. Traditional Ruleset
More Epic Than Cavemen, Cosmos, and the Gods: A C2C DI by MoreEpicThanYou. Traditional Ruleset
The Banned God: RFC DI by strijder20. No Ruleset(Assumed Traditional)
More Epic Than the Gods: The New Divine Intervention III by MoreEpicThanYou. Traditional Ruleset.
[BTS] Divine Intervention: Rise of the Nile by Almighty Z. Traditional Ruleset.
The New DI 2: Brennus' Sacred Grove by General Olaf. Traditional Ruleset.
[BTS] Divine Intervention-The Newbie's Gambit by SamSniped. SamSniped's Modified Ruleset.
The New Divine Intervention by Mosher. Traditional Ruleset.
Divine Intervention Resurrection - PWN'D by civgenius. Traditional Ruleset.
Divine Intervention Resurrection I: The Wrath of Khan by NinjaCow64. Traditional Ruleset.
Divine Intervention VI: Caliph of Catastrophe by TheForestAuro. Traditional Ruleset.
Divine Intervention V: Montezuma's Madness by Trynthalas. Traditional Ruleset.
Divine Intervention IV: The Wisdom of Pericles by PaulusIII. Traditional Ruleset.
Divine Intervention III : Ragnar's Reign of Terror by TheForestAuro. Traditional Ruleset.
Divine Intervention II: Hannibal's Spite by TheForestAuro. Proto-Traditional Ruleset.
Divine Intervention I: Mansa the Immortal by Mice. Proto-Proto Traditional Ruleset.

Planned Future Games
These are DIs that have been announced here.
The New Divine Intervention IV by Mosher. The third installment of the New Divine Intervention DI series started by Mosher.(IT BETTER FINISH THIS TIME)

Summary Catalogue
The purpose of this section is to provide summaries of games that have ended. If you would like to submit a summary post it here!

More Epic Than the Gods: The New Divine Intervention III by MoreEpicThanYou

[BTS] Divine Intervention: Rise of the Nile by Almighty Z

The New DI 2: Brennus' Sacred Grove by General Olaf

Divine Intervention-The Newbie's Gambit by SamSniped got many signups, and, with its new ruleset, got even more interest. Unfortunantley, school intruded and it had to be shut down.

The New Divine Intervention by Mosher started on a high note. It was meant to bring back the Divine Intervention IAAR. After getting many signups the game began. However, a few updates later Mosher disapeared and the New Divine Intervention died.

Divine Intervention Resurrection - PWN'D by civgenius

Divine Intervention Resurrection I: The Wrath of Khan by NinjaCow64

Divine Intervention VI: Caliph of Catastrophe by TheForestAuro

Divine Intervention V: Montezuma's Madness by Trynthalas

Divine Intervention IV: The Wisdom of Pericles by PaulusIII

Divine Intervention III : Ragnar's Reign of Terror by TheForestAuro

Divine Intervention II: Hannibal's Spite by TheForestAuro

Divine Intervention I: Mansa the Immortal by Mice

Rulesets

CURRENT STANDARD
Traditional Ruleset
Spoiler Traditional Ruleset :

The Eleven Commandments of Deityhood

I.Thou shalt announce your intentions.
--(Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates)

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking
--(You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.)

III. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of knowledge or the heavens to mortals.
--(No units or techs should be revealed to any civilization if they are not in the current or previous era of the player)

IV. Thou shalt not use your powers for cataclysmic destruction
--(Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.)

V. Thou shalt reveal yourself to the mortal with grace.
--(Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Choose a name and domain [i.e., Winston, the Sea God] that you govern, even if the characters don't know it's you acting)

VI. Thou shalt not be vindictive, and thou shalt not halt progress.
--(You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently. You are also not allowed to remove any named unit, for any reason.)

VII. Thou shalt not be unnecessarily nice to the puny mortal.
--(I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Praetorians to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.)

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.
--(If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!)

IX. Thou shalt not war with the other gods. Much.
--(Obviously there's going to be some strife between those who would support Ragnar's Conquest, and those who would seek to protect the world from his tyranny. Having said that, Gods are not allowed to reverse the effects of an intervention without waiting for the update after the effects have been felt. This includes quests. In fact, you would do well to leave the other god's quests alone entirely. If you want me to do yours instead, make it more interesting or more lucritive)

X. Thou shalt obey the natural order of things, and of time, and of destiny.
--(There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart.)

XI. Thou shalt not abuse your architectural omniscient nature.
--(Don't add wonders that don't already exist.)

FAQ

Q: Another God has already edited the save this turn. Can I do it too?
A: Yes, but you may not undo their changes. Take their save and edit it. Also, you may only edit once per turn.

Q: I have this cool idea that only slightly violates your rules, but it's really cool!
A: Just keep in mind I have the ability to reject any save I deem over-the-top.

SamSniped's Modified Ruleset
Spoiler SamSniped's Modified Ruleset :

1.Do NOT give Industrial or Future Era techs or units to any Civ until 1850 AD; no giving Gunpowder units or Calvary until 1000AD.

2.There can be an unlimited number of gods. I will state, however, that each god gets 3(three) interventions tht CANNOT be changed lest I state that intervention will ruin the game for everyone. The god who makes an unintervenable channge must state so in that post. I WILL be monitoring this!

3.DO NOT INTERVENE IN ANOTHER GOD'S QUEST!!!!!! If you do you may suffer banishment from this game.

For the rest, these rules follow (FROM DI2[certain rules nullified])-
--(Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates)

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking
--(You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.)

--(Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.)

--(Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Choose a name and domain [i.e., Winston, the Sea God] that you govern, even if the characters don't know it's you acting)

--(You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently. You are also not allowed to remove any named unit, for any reason.)

--(I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Praetorians to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.)

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.
--(If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!)

--(There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart.)

Proto-Ruleset
Spoiler Proto-Ruleset :

The Rules

1. When you pick up the save, post "got it!" after you know it works. This is to prevent multiple people from making updates and finding out someone else did too!

2. No one god can "Get it" in a row. Give everyone a chance!

3. At will manipulation of the military is fine, but please, keep all units to the current era. No tanks before the modern age!

4. Put some thought into your changes!

5. No need to tell me what you did - I prefer to find out on my own. Having said, that I definitely don't mind when you roleplay your changes as the God :] Or make decrees.

Proto-Proto-Ruleset
Spoiler Proto-Proto-Ruleset :

The idea. I play a game on-line 30 turns at a time. After I post a save, the first to claim a "got it" can take the save and...

...go into worldbuilder. There do ONE of the following options.

1. Erase half of my cities. (if i have three, erase one. If I have five, erase 3. If I have 20 erase 10 !)

2. Erase half the cities of one AI civ

3. Erase half my military

4. Erase ALL my military

5. Erase half, or all the military of one AI civ

6. Add to my military a stack of - twenty units of the current era with 2 promotions.

7. Add to any one AI civ - twenty units of the current era with 2 promotions.

8. Add a plethora of resources to my land.

10. Add a plethora of resources to an AI civ's land

11. Remove all food resources from my land.

12. Add any number of food resources to my land

Then re-post the save for me to play on with the new altered situation, after your divine intervention. And don't tell me which one you did. Let me find out the hard way.

You can make my game much harder, or a bit easier , depending on if you are nice or evil.

The Current Standard for Divine Intervention Games
This post will explain and talk about the current standard in DIs. It will tell people who want to make DI's good things to do, and bad things to do. If you have any suggestions for this section PM me with them.

First, this is the standard stuff.

Traditional Ruleset

The Eleven Commandments of Deityhood

III. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of knowledge or the heavens to mortals.
--(No units or techs should be revealed to any civilization if they are not in the current or previous era of the player)

IX. Thou shalt not war with the other gods. Much.
--(Obviously there's going to be some strife between those who would support Ragnar's Conquest, and those who would seek to protect the world from his tyranny. Having said that, Gods are not allowed to reverse the effects of an intervention without waiting for the update after the effects have been felt. This includes quests. In fact, you would do well to leave the other god's quests alone entirely. If you want me to do yours instead, make it more interesting or more lucritive)

FAQ

Q: Another God has already edited the save this turn. Can I do it too?
A: Yes, but you may not undo their changes. Take their save and edit it. Also, you may only edit once per turn.

Q: I have this cool idea that only slightly violates your rules, but it's really cool!
A: Just keep in mind I have the ability to reject any save I deem over-the-top.

Settings
Map: Any OUT OF THE BOX scenario or map
Difficulty: Noble. With people messing up your game, it could get really hard even on this level.
Version: BTS
Patch: 3.19

Second, we have a FAQ. More will be added to this as time goes on.
  • Do NOT use a Mod unless you already have some players lined up. People will probably not go and download Mods that they will never use after your game.
  • Do NOT start your DI when there are already many around. You probably won't get as many players as you want. (Something like this happened during the big RP Rush.)
  • If you want to use a modified ruleset you should probably get a group of players that are willing to play with that ruleset lined up. People may not want to play with a modified ruleset.
  • If you plan on modifying the ruleset it is probably a good idea to go back through the games and figure out what worked and what didn't. By doing this you will probably avoid a time-consuming failure.
If you have anything to add please PM me.

Lastly, I have some advice for you.
If you aren't having fun GMing a game, or the "Gods" have gotten too out of hand feel free to shut that DI down. You can always start another.

If the "Gods" get too out of hand, but you still think you can have fun if they stop, feel free to reject their changes until they calm down.

DI Series

Divine Intervention: Earth
I plan on going through all 18 civilizations on the Earth 18 civs map in order. They use the Traditional Ruleset. It has a catalogue, DI Series: Earth.
Divine Intervention: Rise of the Nile

The New Divine Intervention
The series that brought Divine Intervention back from the dead. They use the Traditional Ruleset.
The New Divine Intervention by Mosher.
The New Dvine Intervention II: Brennus' Sacred Grove by General Olaf.
The New Divine Intervention III: More Epic Than the Gods by MoreEpicThanYou.

Divine Intervention Resurrection
Meant to bring DIs back, the series ended after only one game. It used the Traditional Ruleset. There was an unofficial sequel, PWN'D. It has a catalogue, Divine Intervention Resurrection Bullpen: The New Garden of the Gods.
Divine Intervention Resurrection I: The Wrath of Khan by NinjaCow64.
Divine Intervention Resurrection - PWN'D by civgenius.

The Original Divine Intervention
This is the original Divine Intervention. They use the Traditional Ruleset, except for the first two. It has a catalouge, Divine Intervention: Garden of the Gods (Bullpen).
Divine Intervention I: Mansa the Immortal by Mice.
Divine Intervention II: Hannibal's Spite by TheForestAuro.
Divine Intervention III : Ragnar's Reign of Terror by TheForestAuro.
Divine Intervention IV: The Wisdom of Pericles by PaulusIII.
Divine Intervention V: Montezuma's Madness by Trynthalas.
Divine Intervention VI: Caliph of Catastrophe by TheForestAuro.

We have TOO many DIs. :crazyeye:

I was planning on starting TNDI3 when Olaf finished his, but seeing as we have FOUR now, I'm going to hold off on that...

We have TOO many DIs. :crazyeye:

I was planning on starting TNDI3 when Olaf finished his, but seeing as we have FOUR now, I'm going to hold off on that...

I started one just because I was reading over others and they looked fun.

yay I have made an official ruleset :)

Well, we already have three up... it would have been wise to wait until they were finished to start yours.

@Mosher: he said he was a newbie. I guess it was a mistake.

He could always ask a mod to delete the current thread, and he could wait until one of the current ones finishes to restart. I would wait 48 or so hours if I were you Sam, however. You will probably get some more signups.

You might want to check out Divine Intervention: Garden of the Gods, it is the original Catalogue thread.

'Kay. I'm going to wait 48 hours to see if more sign up. If there is less that 5 gods, i'm going to get the thread deleted, and I will restart later.

I'm only going to launch TNDI3 if this sudden DI wave dies down a bit.

Regarding continuing games
I believe that TNDI2 is full at this time and not accepting sign ups.

You also didn't add the FFH2 DI that happened a while back.

Uh... I don't know the name of it. :D

Top Bottom