TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

With the latest installment of the update, page 40 post #788.

Thank you! :)

Please send orders tomarrow! It is a real deadline- Orders after that will be promptly IGNORED, and you will have an NPC who will avoid conflicts, follow old trends, or, if in a war, will react instead of proact.

Sending even guide-lines is preferable!

You have received mine, yes? I've been slacking on the stories but I intend to post one tonight.

EDIT: Terrance, you seem to have met your PM quota for the time being. I was unable to send one to you, so that is unfortunate.

As the Greek Philosopher Dioklomes once quoth, "As the Red marks the passing of the Sark, so too does the Black Flag mark the death of Commerce."

Nacopta Baromer stood on the prow of his vessel. She was a fine ship; the Ridgemont. A hundred and forty footlengths long, and forteen wide. She was narrow, but stable for her size. He had two dozen rowing slaves below decks, two to an oar, and six oars to a side.

Lightning flared, cracked and wheezed what seemed like a thousand miles on the horizon. The Ridgemont swayed and buckled on the waves, each explosive current of water more violent than the last, it seemed. Rain slammed the deck in sheets.

She was carrying a load of eighty hundred Amphorae. Mostly burnt grain from the Rtas, worthless to all but the Kretens, who made a porridge of the stuff, dried it, and sacrificed it to some large cattle. He didn't know the details.

Waves crashed and rolled over the queasy deck, stopping merchant man and slave alike. Lightning flared once more, illuminating a terrifying scene for what seemed like minutes, but in fact was only half a second.

Ten hundred of the Amphorae had Ziril wine, however, which was also being shipped to Krete. It was hidden below the decks, under crew's olive oil, and behind a notch-covered plank. Only himself and his first mate, Calagan, knew about it.

A giant Koyulun man clawed his way up from the rolling sea, wicked, ugly blade in mouth. A ship bearing the black flag bobbed in and out of view, behind and above waves again and again.

He was going to make a killing on profits. The grain had been nearly free, eighteen Stirch for the lot of it. He had been promised at least eight times as much by a head priest in Krete. And the wine was being sold to some African gentleman from beyond Thebes. Quite exquisite taste, actually. Some of the best stuff of the Central Sea.

A shriek from below deck, and the screaming of men chained to the ship; to their oars, their stations; their graves. The ship had been breached, the pirate scum climbing aboard from every side, the other vessel's prow rammed tight into the side of the Ridgemont. Nacopta Baromer took down one man, two men, three men- dead - a blow to the head, he fell into the water, unconscious, unthinking. Unbreathing.

The skies were clear, the weather calm. It was smooth sailing (not literally, of course) all the way to the Aegean, Baroma thought.

Sardinia is now known as The Sardican Empire.

I would greatly appreciate if our map colour could be changed to Royal Blue also.

Also we have two nations in the med almost identical green.. I have no idea who owns what.. please change one of them to something different?

To Traditionalists: So if we block gold and currency from being imported to your part of Ethiopia you will stop attacking the villages that wish to join us?

As of now, no new orders/stuff are allowed.

People W/O Orders
Zeletdude
Luckymoose ("Guidelines" accepted)
The Loser (Stasis for Japan)

Great haul, everybody.

Update Process:
China->India->Levea->Levant->Egypt->Aegean->Koyun->Valyria->Sardinian->West Keltia->East Keltia

Did you know?:

Cytrian commonlaw dictates that if a slave of the third or higher class [1st, 2nd, 3rd] commits a violent crime, their owners are accountable as if they had commited it themselves, and have to pay reparations to the aggrieved individual or family. This can often include a small payment of Stirch and the slave's head.

I didn't, but:

Did you know?

I will periodically update the update on the update when I complete everything relevant: stats, maps, write up. Changes cause by other parts of said update will not count in said accounting. See bolded section for which I am working on right now or a couple hours ago. If your section is ahead by 2 or more, you are sorta-safe in sending something urgent.

Did you know?

After the collapse of the Egyptian state many Egyptians, especially from the merchants, left the country and moved to live in other kingdoms around the world. Most left to Phoenicia and Cyprus but several families are known to live in the capitals of Italy and Greece.

Please wait to post the update as one complete section, not over several parts. I'd rather wait for the whole thing.

Top Bottom