Sevo's Civilopedia

I would realy like to view this great looking civilopedia, but, when I load the game I always get this error while loading python. "Failed to load python module CvEventInterface" I've spent a couple hours trying to figure this one out. The civilopedia is always disabled. I don't have any other mods installed.
Ideas????

wunder said:
I would realy like to view this great looking civilopedia, but, when I load the game I always get this error while loading python. "Failed to load python module CvEventInterface" I've spent a couple hours trying to figure this one out. The civilopedia is always disabled. I don't have any other mods installed.
Ideas????

What version of civ are you using? (Gotta have 1.52). Otherwise this mod is pretty stable--there are a few known bugs with the selection menus not always updating to show the current entry as "selected", but otherwise it works pretty well across the board. Check your installation with the archive and be sure you have all the files installed correctly.

If none of that works, start the game and let it "error", then exit the game. Open your civ directory and find the file "python_err.log", and post the contents of that file here and I can try to help you further.

OOOOPS!!!
All this time I thought I was playing with 1.52.
Thank's for your help and this much improved civilopedia. I can't see ever going back to the vanilla civilopedia.

Great mod! I had the same problem as wunder, and fixed it with the same solution. So my only problem with it was my own forgetfulness. Thanks for finally making the civilopedia usable.

Sevo, I found that there is a problem with the promotions in the CvPediaUnit.py file in your mod and in the vanilla version. Basically instead of attaching the multi list control to the panel that holds the possible unit promotions they just add it to the screen with a hard coded location. This results in promotions being placed outside of the possible promotion box.

I propose that you change line number 309 from your CvPediaUnit.py file from:
Code:
screen.addMultiListControlGFC(rowListName, "", self.X_PROMO_PANE+5, self.Y_PROMO_PANE+35, self.W_PROMO_PANE-20, self.H_PROMO_PANE-46, 1, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, TableStyles.TABLE_STYLE_STANDARD)

to:
Code:
screen.addMultiListControlGFC(panelName, rowListName, "", 1, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, TableStyles.TABLE_STYLE_STANDARD)

to fix this problem. I just wanted to let you know.

TheLopez said:
Sevo, I found that there is a problem with the promotions in the CvPediaUnit.py file in your mod and in the vanilla version. Basically instead of attaching the multi list control to the panel that holds the possible unit promotions they just add it to the screen with a hard coded location. This results in promotions being placed outside of the possible promotion box.

I propose that you change line number 309 from your CvPediaUnit.py file from:
Code:
screen.addMultiListControlGFC(rowListName, "", self.X_PROMO_PANE+5, self.Y_PROMO_PANE+35, self.W_PROMO_PANE-20, self.H_PROMO_PANE-46, 1, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, TableStyles.TABLE_STYLE_STANDARD)

to:
Code:
screen.addMultiListControlGFC(panelName, rowListName, "", 1, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, TableStyles.TABLE_STYLE_STANDARD)

to fix this problem. I just wanted to let you know.

Yeah--you can see that I had to change the values a lot to make it work. I tried cutting and pasting your code but it doesn't work. It claims it doesn't match the C++ signature. Any ideas? (I'm working on Sevomod and can't really work on this right now...:crazyeye: )

Hi Sevo!

Did you find the problem, that causes the sevopedia to "crash" in my modification?

Hey everyone, I just wanted to inform the Civfanatics community that there is this site that is a large Mod directory for every game able to be modified and you guys might like it, im just posting this because you can add Mods [your mod(s)] and they have a huge community with many features. here is the link. PLEASE check it out. I really wanna get the Civ IV Mod count up because they have like 3 mods and there are sooooooo much good mods on this site. thanks everybody and heres the URL:
Moddb.com

Sevo said:
Yeah--you can see that I had to change the values a lot to make it work. I tried cutting and pasting your code but it doesn't work. It claims it doesn't match the C++ signature. Any ideas? (I'm working on Sevomod and can't really work on this right now...:crazyeye: )

Sorry about that, it should have read:
screen.attachMultiListControlGFC(panelName,rowListName, "", 1, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, self.PROMOTION_ICON_SIZE, TableStyles.TABLE_STYLE_STANDARD)

Hey Sevo, it would be great that they include your mod in a coming patch, like they did with the historigraph... Your civilopedia is much better than the 1.52 improved original...

elhoim said:
Hey Sevo, it would be great that they include your mod in a coming patch, like they did with the historigraph... Your civilopedia is much better than the 1.52 improved original...

Thanks! i like that people appreciate my revision, though there are still some issues, as the post above yours points out. I keep thinking I need to tidy this up, but then I get distracted with the SevoMod and all the other stuff I want to do...

Problem
Playing in other than English, text "History" in Civilopedia stays "History"

Solve
Edit these lines this way:
CvPediaBonus.py
Code:
241: screen.addPanel( panelName, localText.getText("TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_HISTORY", ()), "", True, True,
CvPediaBuilding.py
Code:
245: screen.addPanel( panelName, localText.getText("TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_HISTORY", ()), "", True, True,

Problem 2
Project texts doesn't have a caption (was there one originally?)

Solve
Add it .-)

Problem 3
Techs doesn't have history texts.

Solve
There would be room for it if you move and scale the Special panel next to the TECH_PANE.

Hooray! I was afraid this mod will not work with 1.61 but it does (at least from the little testing I did). :thumbsup:

Rabbit said:
Hooray! I was afraid this mod will not work with 1.61 but it does (at least from the little testing I did). :thumbsup:

You aren't the only one happy about that! :crazyeye: I'm glad you like the mod, Rabbit. I'm using alot of your units in the next Sevomod, after all!

Indeed Sevo, this and the little clock mod (the one that puts the clock beside the date, it still boggles my mind that this was necessary to do :hammer2:) are pretty much indespensible to me (I don't understand why they didn't include it in the patch). :cheers:

The bomber and Stealth bomber appear to be off after the 1.61 patch. This is what im seeing:

The negative to water bonus isnt showing up right. Also all the air units in the game have their stat text down a bit too far as you can see and dont have the unit type emblem at the top like the others do :(

Anyone else who's using sevopedia having this problem after the patch?

I don't have the water bonus problem. I do have the other two problems, however...

The text isn't actually lower it's just that the way it's positioned the 4th line is a bit outside, other units simply don't have that 4th line. I guess 1.61 somehow screwed up the positioning slightly. It's a very simple fix, you just need to find the proper value in CvPediaUnit.py and change the Y position to something lower so the stats text appears higher.

As for the combat type text and button not showing up, that's strange.

naf4ever said:
Anyone else who's using sevopedia having this problem after the patch?

There is some changed, added and removed tags in XML text files and maybe something has changed also in python-files.

Does the pedia file for units interact with any other python files that have changed?

Its odd that only the bomber and stealth bomber have this problem. On further analysis it appears that only "Domain" type combat modifiers are having this problem. I dont know why the button is missing either. Did they add some new xml tag to all air units maybe thats messing this up? I didnt see any.

Top Bottom