[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

Sevo said:
Tremendous feedback! I really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with those multiplayer games........ I'll take a look at privateers and see if I can balance that a bit.

Sounds good, glad i could help.

As for the privateers I think it was brought up because in comparison to all the other naval units in the game they are the only one which (when it comes out) is BOTH the most powerful naval unit and the largest transport. In fact its just one cargo capacity shy of being comparable to a galleon which is much further down the tech line. Perhaps if it only had a cargo capacity of one this would balance it out and put its role back to that of an attack/raider ship and not a troop transport.......

Drakonik said:
@Roy- This is because you're human, and until we give the computers absolute control over our nuclear weapons, this is the best way they have to screw with us.

@Sevo- I was also thinking about the forts...

I kind of like this idea. I've been thinking about it myself and this could be interesting. If forts created a one-square cultural border that never grew, you could place forts to claim territory and protect assets. Other civs would have to fight for their right to poach. Only problem is the AI wouldn't know how to use this and would probably get hosed. I'll think about it...if I can trick the AI into using martyrs mebbe we can trick them into building forts this way, too.

rebel5555 said:
I'm using the Insert Unit/City "shift+ctrl+left mouse button" code so it will be easier to add multiple units. That way I don't have to constantly go in and out of worldbuilder while making and add testing the scenario. I'm wondering if you could fix it or help me in trying to fix it. By the way I haven't modified any of the python files so I think the error is in your code.

Hey Sevo, I appreciate the response and I'm looking forward to your next release to the mod.

I actually don't know. Very odd. My guess is that there's an interrupt in the code that's picking up events but not passing 'em on. I'm going to be cleaning up the python from all the various mods and merging 'em into a single file for convenience's sake, so it'll give me a chance to go over everything. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Hi Sevo, care to explain how to fix that galley issue in the xml files? it's really bugging and I'd like to get rid of that ASAP. thanks in advance for your help !
(sorry for posting the same question twice)

Sevo-
Now, I haven't looked through any of the modding docs or anything like that, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Is it possible to create "sub-types" of units? What I mean is, would it be possible to create a sub-type of settler, then change it so that for all intents and purposes, it's a scout/explorer, except the fact that it can make a city that cannot have new buildings built, provides a 25% defense bonus, and exert a one-tile cultural border.

In summary, create a new breed of settler that can move like a scout and look like a scout, but builds "limited cities." The lmited cities cannot be improved in any way, and exert a one-tile cultural border indefinitely.

I hope that this is do-able, and not too complex to read.

[to_xp]Gekko said:
Hi Sevo, care to explain how to fix that galley issue in the xml files? it's really bugging and I'd like to get rid of that ASAP. thanks in advance for your help !
(sorry for posting the same question twice)

I was waiting until I had my XML in front of me to answer. Open the file "sevomod/assets/xml/units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml" Scroll down until you find the lines:

<UnitInfo>
<Class>UNITCLASS_GALLEY</Class>
<Type>UNIT_GALLEY</Type>

(You can just search for "GALLEY"). Scroll down until you find the <UnitClassUpgrades> tag, and change it so that it looks like this:

Code:
<UnitClassUpgrades>
	<UnitClassUpgrade>
               <UnitClassUpgradeType>UNITCLASS_GALLEON</UnitClassUpgradeType>
		<bUnitClassUpgrade>1</bUnitClassUpgrade>
	</UnitClassUpgrade>
</UnitClassUpgrades>

While I'm in here, how would I update the mod, on the off-chance you ever update? ;)

:goodjob:Thanks Sevo. I really appreciate the response. I'm looking foward to a cleaned up file. I play your mod more than any other and I really appreciate the work your doing and your kind and quick responses to us people. I'm looking forward to whatyou can do with he SDK when that comes out.

Your friend Rebel

Hey guys. Almost there on the update! Just wanted to share another interface change I've made 'cause I know a lot of you are working on your own mods and might find this useful:

City Screen Commerce Display

Hi all,

It's a very promising mod! Just one suggestion, about replanting forest. Is it possible to do it the same way hamlet are developping? I mean a worker take several turns to plant it , resulting no bonuses and a new graphic with 2-3 trees in the square. Then a citizen may develop it. It's only when the forest is completed that the square may have bonus...
Or maybe, after replant, make the forest automatically grow after 20-30 turns !

Keep up the good work :)

Sevo, are you aware of the probs I'm having with the Military Advisor? I mentioned it earlier, but you didn't comment on it. Cheers.

Bursk said:
Sevo, are you aware of the probs I'm having with the Military Advisor? I mentioned it earlier, but you didn't comment on it. Cheers.

I have been looking into the military advisor problem but have not been able to figure it out yet. I will continue to look...

-=R=-

Hi Sevo, is there a chance you're going to gift us with the "Ancient Era Music" mod? I've looked for it on the forums but can't find it, so I assume it's not available. I'd really love to add this to my mod, do you have any plans to release it in the future? if not, would you be so kind as to tell me what I need to do in order to add it myself?
thanks in advance ;)

:beer: Awesome Mod! I'm having a great time with it and looking forward to the update (I want that galley back ;) ). Just a quick question, does this mod affect custom audio? It seems like my music has more errors in starting up now. And one other I'm afraid; my comp is rather slow, so I was wondering if someone could point out to me how to edit the 5-unit formation back to 3? Thanks much, and again, great mod!

[to_xp]Gekko said:
Hi Sevo, is there a chance you're going to gift us with the "Ancient Era Music" mod? I've looked for it on the forums but can't find it, so I assume it's not available. I'd really love to add this to my mod, do you have any plans to release it in the future? if not, would you be so kind as to tell me what I need to do in order to add it myself?
thanks in advance ;)

I think the Ancient Music mod is aprt of the Fusion mod. However, if you meant you wanted it separrately, then ignore this comment.

lordroy said:
I have been looking into the military advisor problem but have not been able to figure it out yet. I will continue to look...

-=R=-

Yeah, sorry...forgot to mention...I'm replacing the military advisor with the modified one created by SupremeOverlord in the new version, I'm hoping that clears up your problem!

Ancient Era Music is still available out there in the forums: Ancient Era Music

I actually used that mod as a basis for modifying the ancient era music. None of the song files in that mod are included in mine anymore; I've replaced them with a small selection of other more "tribal" sounding music that I just personally liked more. I'd include more but this mod is already becoming a behemoth of MB and I'm trying to conserve on space...

Sevo said:
Yeah, sorry...forgot to mention...I'm replacing the military advisor with the modified one with the new version, I'm hoping that clears up your problem!

Well.... then I can stop wracking my brain and spending thoes long hours looking at code...

Release the update, Sevo..... plz....

Or at least a Beta.

-=R=-

Top Bottom