[MOD] The Second Revolution!

i sent you an email with the map fixes.

two concerns:
1. Stephen Harper - not Harpers
2. I think the tech cost is too high - but I'll know for sure when i have some time to play it through

cheers:beer:

Probably temporary, but 3ddownloads gave me an error when I tried to download 1.5.

and

is 1.5 the version compatible with civ1.61? Because above the link it says that it has only been tested with civ 1.52.

jeez, facking versions drive me insane.:crazyeye:

LOL sorry bout that! i clicked it and it brought me to the waiting window with a 5 minute wait. try again soon see if it comes. if not i will have my second mirror soon

Sorry. Should have been more specific.
The link is fine. I was sent to the same window. (6 Minute wait)

When I click the download link I get the following error:

----------------------------
File Not Found TeleFragged

We're sorry, but the file or directory you requested could not be found.

Chances are that the URL you used to get to 3D Downloads was incorrect or old, and that the file you wanted has moved or was deleted.
-----------------------------

Just wanted to drop a line about my enjoyment while playing this mod. It is an obsession to play the Syndicalists and screw around there. The soundtrack is good, and I am rather pleased all in all with the mod's presentation. Much obliged for it.

PS- Almost took Washington with the Syndicalists until Bush dropped a nuke on the troops outside of D.C. True to life, true to life!

Skavian said:
Just wanted to drop a line about my enjoyment while playing this mod. It is an obsession to play the Syndicalists and screw around there. The soundtrack is good, and I am rather pleased all in all with the mod's presentation. Much obliged for it.

PS- Almost took Washington with the Syndicalists until Bush dropped a nuke on the troops outside of D.C. True to life, true to life!

Thanks alot! I enjoy syndicalists too. you might want to look at the strategy guide for rebels at the very very top of thread.
I hope you downloaded the newest version (1.53), it has a whole bunch of new music!

Looks like an interesting mod. You've obviously put a lot of hard work into it. :goodjob: I will have to download it and give it a try.
GarretSidzaka said:
I have tried to be acurate as possible with city placement, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Here's a couple that I noticed. Hope it helps ...
  • Philadelphia should be closer to DC and NY
  • Atlanta is south of Knoxville
  • Knoxville should be moved slightly southeast (what about Nashville?)
  • Jacksonville should be in Florida, about level with Tallahasse
  • Plainview and Amarillo are both WAY TOO far north

My personal favorite, though:
You have included Del Rio and Acuna but left off San Antonio! :lol: For some odd reason,
this just cracks me up! :lol: Most folks have never heard of these two towns. Good job
on placing them! ;)

You have Philadelphia where Kansas City should be...

And why is New Orleans size 16 in 2007?

Also, you still have Topeka and Wichita KS, those could replace the "Southern Survivalists".

For between NO/Mobile and Memphis, you could have Jackson, MI

Also, where Kansas City is, the Kansas river should run from connecting to the MO river to the Arkansas river.

Kansas should also have oil wells as well as crops such as corn and wheat.

thanks, my map pretty much sucks, but i can always improve it for next patch!! i will check here in a day or two to cunsult for patch. BTW nice map....

SniperRedFox said:
You have Philadelphia where Kansas City should be...

And why is New Orleans size 16 in 2007?

Also, you still have Topeka and Wichita KS, those could replace the "Southern Survivalists".

For between NO/Mobile and Memphis, you could have Jackson, MI

Also, where Kansas City is, the Kansas river should run from connecting to the MO river to the Arkansas river.

Kansas should also have oil wells as well as crops such as corn and wheat.

Bugs:

I'm noticing that on a lot of the units, techs, and civlopedia stuff there's this wonky text like BLAH_blah_blah. Also, most of those custom units don't have avatars for that little circle thing that points to them when you have them selected but off of your screen. It's also very slow. The history for the Syndicalist Comittee (sp?) is missing, but you probably already knew that. I tried running this on multiplayer with a friend of mine, but Gamespy disconnected us after a while. I'm not sure what's up with that, it may have just been random.

Suggestions:

I've always thought civ was missing something by not having generals. It's not huge, but it would be cool. On the other hand, assassins would be huge. You could make the actual leaders great people, and then make it possible for assassins to take them out (or make regular spies capable of assassinating). Likewise, you might need to watch out for assassins. It spices things up a bit. You've either got to keep your leader moving, keep him surrounded by troops and spies of your own, or both.

I think that covers it. This a great mod, I'm completely addicted.

GarretSidzaka said:
thanks, my map pretty much sucks, but i can always improve it for next patch!! i will check here in a day or two to cunsult for patch. BTW nice map....

I happen to, um, have a map of US military bases. I can help you out here. I'll just list a couple of places that might be important here.

There are submarine bases in San Diego (CA), Norfolk (VA), Norwich (CT)?, Portsmouth (NH), The farthest north island of Hawaii with cities, and Guam. That's probably not complete, but something to think about.

Whiteman air force base is located south east of Kansas city. It has Minuteman nukes and B2 stealth bombers.

Minot air force base also has nukes, and it's just north of Minot (ND). Also in North Dakota is Grand Forks air force base. It's west of Grand Forks (ND), and it has nukes too. Lastly, there's Malstrom air force base, located east of Great Falls (MN), and it also has nukes. Again, this probably isn't complete.

In total, the US presently has enough nukes to wipe out the entire surface of the Earth. Most of that comes from nuclear submarines, but at least a third is probably land based. Something to consider.

Oh, which reminds me of a criticism. When you start the game, you have more military power than the US. That's fun, but in all seriousness, the US has the most powerful military force in the world at this time, and you're playing as a bunch of rebels. I was able to take Washington before my first turn had ended. I mean, that's just weird.

At least on harder difficulties, your military should be way smaller. I can see starting off with major cities, those would be prime grounds for urban guerrillas, and nearly impossible to control against popular support (Bush is at 33% support right now, and dropping, so if a war of this type did break out, you can expect it would be hell for him to try and control the major cities).

The main areas you would expect to see guerrillas would be the blue spots on this map:

It looks all twisty because it has been rescaled based on population. Here's the same map before rescaling:

As you can see, large population centers have a lot of democrats. That means more passive and active support for the rebels.

Another thing that bothered me about this was the old Soviet stuff. How did Russia get involved in this? That would probably be best fixed with an entry in the Syndicalist Comittee entry. But without that, I imagine the best you'd have would be jeeps outfitted with some AK-47s and junk armor, or possibly stuff stolen from US army bases. That's not really good enough to handle the most powerful military force in the world.

Edit: Before I forget, I got composites and I got a lot of stuff that composites didn't say it would give me, and didn't get a lot of stuff it said it would. I didn't get a stealth bomber, I did get mobile artillery, for example.

Norseman2 said:
Oh, which reminds me of a criticism. When you start the game, you have more military power than the US. That's fun, but in all seriousness, the US has the most powerful military force in the world at this time, and you're playing as a bunch of rebels. I was able to take Washington before my first turn had ended. I mean, that's just weird.

At least on harder difficulties, your military should be way smaller. I can see starting off with major cities, those would be prime grounds for urban guerrillas, and nearly impossible to control against popular support (Bush is at 33% support right now, and dropping, so if a war of this type did break out, you can expect it would be hell for him to try and control the major cities).

As you can see, large population centers have a lot of democrats. That means more passive and active support for the rebels.

Two responses come to mind:
A- I realize the military is a mighty force indeed, but it is made up of people. I kind of assumed when I played this game that what I was looking at was a coup of the people, and it was a light fictional interpretation, not a serious attempt at predicting what a Revolution would look at. I mean, as much as I enjoy playing a bunch of anarchists bent on beating back fascism, Anarcho-Syndicalists are not known for their war streak really. They kind of turn to beating at each other for involvement in the machines of power as was displayed in the Spanish Civil War. That said, imagine it more like factions in the US army turning over to the Rebels. Training and discipline can crack under sheer social audacity.
B- I don't know if being Democrat or Republican has much to do with supporting rebels. I live in New Hampshire, and our Republicans are the old guard type in theory, interested only in keeping the government from getting too insane. "Live free or die," had to be approved by more than one political party I assure you ;) . Republicans up here might actually support a rebellion, and I am sure others would as well depending on the circumstances.

That said, I hope this is a fair counter-point there Norseman, and thanks for helping Garrett. I love this mod, so any support is right on.

Top Bottom