Keldath addons

Axil said:
Well I've tried everything I can think of and this Mod is still crashing randomly so I will just have to pass on it and not recommend it in the magazine article I'm writing which is a pity as it looked really interesting. I've now tried it on two completely different systems and it's flaky on both so it's either a systematic error on my part ( possible ) or there's a serious bug :(

Well, its not compatible with warlords, is it? :p

It works just well with sevo mod+vanilla 1.61(you are useing sevo right? lol)

keldath say you are thinking of adding assaisns. ive played with then from total realism mod. i love them it cracks me up every time they kill the city leader. On archers i think they should have bombarment range. Archers for example, could launch a volley from a galley to shore. or hide in forest and bombard passign units. just my 2 cents, for what its worth. Is your new mod uploaded yet. Waiting eagerly

Well, its not compatible with warlords, is it? :p

It works just well with sevo mod+vanilla 1.61(you are useing sevo right? lol)

That's why I'm not using Warlords ;) - finally got it to work btw - and having a lot of fun though it's still a little flaky plus there's definitely a memory leak somewhere which maybe the patch - great work though really adds to the options and choices

OK GUYS - THE NEW VERTION IS ON -
http://www.sprintshare.com/file/2193/KELGIR-NEWV3.exe.html

ENJOY -

READ THE MAIN POST FOR THE ADDITIONS,

GONNA RELEASE A PATCH SOON FOR CHANGING SOME MINOR STUFF - LIKE THE TECH LEAK MASSGESE,

AND HOPFULLY - MAYBE THE RELIGION MOD BY ESUBIOS,

AND YES I WANNA ADD
SNIPER
ASSASSIANS
ALSO.

HAVNT GOT THE TIE TO CHECK IT ON MP - SHOULD BE OK THOUGH.

I PUT 10 HOURS ON THE COMPILE WITH DALES MODS

@rockinroger

While I have not asked, and I have no idea if its going to require a SDK edit. I think me and Kel might team up to do a warlords assassin that he can use for his mods and my mod.

One thing I do want to point out, the current discussion in Total Realism on Assassians is that they are completely over powered. So I personally would like to see what they come up with to tone them down.

On a side note, Real Spy's sounds like a good idea as well.

Biological and Chemical Weapons as well, I'm surprised MaxRigga AndyTerry Or Gardenk Sedinka(sp?) have not jumped all over this.
Is it still too sensitive of a subject to discuss?

MaxRigga has no plans of going warlords, tis a shame I so love that mod. Someone needs to pick the mod up and convert it :)

Ket said:
@rockinroger

on Assassians is that they are completely over powered.

Biological and Chemical Weapons as well, I'm surprised MaxRigga AndyTerry Or Gardenk Sedinka(sp?) have not jumped all over this.

i totaly agree - we must check the assasians,
and the idea of bio or chemic warfare is rather interesting - perhaps somthing that creates a lot of pulotion? maybe a missile with a larhe range of radiation?

keldath said:
Ket said:
@rockinroger

on Assassians is that they are completely over powered.

?

i totaly agree - we must check the assasians,
and the idea of bio or chemic warfare is rather interesting - perhaps somthing that creates a lot of pulotion? maybe a missile with a larhe range of radiation

ishon -
i have to make some changes with all the unit reqausts here -
i wanted to finnish my current version -
so next ill change the name. thanks

c44 - thank you for the copmliment :)

good job keldath on new version. will dl now. on the assasians, i think a good way to limit them would be to limit the amount that can be produced. Perhaps like the spy limit of 5? As it stands now from tr you can send assasians to every city b4 attacking. thereby destroying the civ culutral borders. sometime i would send 5 to same city making it revolt for about 20 moves. Maybe thats a little excessive, lol. I do so love the scream of the citizens when there leader is killed.

aurgh, a ctd! let me retrace my steps make sure i installed correctlly. ive been known to screw that up. happened in year 2550 bc. also noticed some minor text errors for the techs.

update, not sure why it ctd started new game though. playing as celtics. made it past 2550bc, seems ok now??? i did make sure cache was cleaned out. one error on techs reasearch screen maybe? For metal carving the sid tips says {animal husbandry: allows your workers to build the pasture improvement} It also says this under animal husbandry. minor detail really just trying to help improve mod thats all. well back to kicking the worlds a.....lol

sure can keldath, might not be your mod as second game i started is working fine. heres the save. not sure whats up but i did leave my computer on all night, also didnt clear cache so these may also be factors? for now though its working fine with second game!!

@keldath. game is fine currently @950 ad, no problems to report. Im tending to think it was because i left computer on over night. thats something i never do, due to the memory lech of windows xp. Current game is as celts, my neighbors are louix of france and tokugawa of japan. im 3 turns from construction and tokuggawa just closed our borders. Am massing trops to take his capital. he has 3 archers there. soon as construction is reasearched, i will make some catapults and attack. cant wait to see how bombardment works. Keep up good work keldath!

will do, got a early report for you. had 2 cats, gaelic warrior and cataphract. the cats ranged bombarment reduced the 2 archers garrissoned in his city to 2.3 and 2.2 strength. then proceded to take city. loving the bombardment of the cats. congrats on merging parts of dales mod. now you are working on warlords! wow how many hamster do you have running around? Or clones? lol. good job. going after his capitol next. i am playing on prince level, seems ok for balance and all. As im in second place out of 6 discovered civs.

I also had trouble with CTD's the first time I played but then it seemed to go away so I'm assuming it may be to do with one of the civilisations - think I may have been playing with Hiriam when the CTDs came. Having a lot of fun with the new version though I'm not really getting that far as i seemed to be able to walk it on warlord but as soon as I move to noble I get stomped. Any tips on what to aim for in the initial stages to set some good civ foundations ?. one possible thing that may be a bug - on battering ram I no longer have the option to bombard the city defenses which make them essentially useless to have. I think the bombard option that was introduced have totally nerf them.

Top Bottom