Dark Elf Design Thread

Psychic_Llamas

Wizard in the Making
This thread can be used to brainstorm all the ideas for designing the Dark Elf civ.

Here is the Dark Elf Unit list:
Spoiler :

Ancient

Worker: Darkelf Worker
Ancient Warrior: Darkelf Warrior
Ancient Spearman: Darkelf Spearman
Ancient Archer: Darkelf Archer
Ancient Axeman: Darkelf Axeman
Ancient Swordman: Darkelf Swordsman
Shaman: Elven Shamaness
Horse-Archer: NONE
Catapult; NONE
Chariot: NONE get Dark Elven Beastmaster
Monster I: Hellmount
Scout: Darkelf Scout
Shaman: Darkelf Shamaness
Galley: ?

Age of Magic

Citizen: Slave (cannot buy, only capture -works faster than a regular worker)
Militia Spearman: Darkelf Warriors with Drannach
Militia Archer: NONE, get Witchelves
Militia Swordsman: Corsairs Swordsman
Light Knight: Dark Rider
Hedge-Wizard: Dark Elven Hedge-Witch
Bolt-Thrower: Dark Elven Bolt Thrower
War Chariot: Cold One Chariot
Monster II: War Hydra
Explorer: Shades
Caravel: ?

Age of Discovery

Royal Guard: Black Guard
Pikemen: NONE, Replaced by Excecutioners
Longbow: NONE, Harpies
Crossbow- Repeater Crossbows
Heavy Knight- Cold One Knights
Wizard: Dark Elven Hag
Cannon:NONE, replaced by Repeater Bolt Thrower
Galleon: Deathfortress
Frigate: Doomreaver

Mechanical Age

Musketman: NONE, Dark Elven Sorceress
Monster III: Dragon Rider
Ironclad: Black Ark of Naggaroth
Special Unit: Beastmaster on manticore, Assassin

Traits:

Unique Buildings:
-Watch Tower: gives the city +70% defence bonus.

Special:
-Slavery:

For the UB how about better walls and castles? Like +70% each instead of +50%. For traits something like 'Slaver', which increase slavery out put by 50%. Although that should go in special rather than traits, as traits should be used only for leaders and not race.

Good idea for a unique building. we could call them "watch towers" like the ones along the northern boarder of Naggaroth. like you say htey could give a 70% defece bonus, and perhaps increase the strength of stand-and-shoot for archers (whats it called? i forgot, the thing where aarchers bombard enemies when they attack)

W could give them a unique civic. call it Slavery, let it act smilar to the FFH one.

'Support fire'?
It would be quite hard to have a building give a bonus to that, it would be simpler to just use XML tags that we already have.

Dependend on ideas we get. Buildings should be all different in appearance in the final version to match different cityartstyles and could also have different effects for different civs but not necessarily for EVERY single building. I.e. if Dwarves build a harbor this could be much less effectiv than normal harbors but it wouldn't make sense to have different barracks for everyone. For every civ we should think what their special weaknesses and what their strengths are. This mod favors flavor before balance but this shouldn't mean balance isn't important- and if we make ALL buildings different Olleus gets angry with us btw. so lets not do too much here.

Ploeperpengel said:
and if we make ALL buildings different Olleus gets angry with us btw

I won't get angry if every building is different, I will only get angry if a civ is forced into a single type of play.

Heh ok, was just joking anyway. Seriously though it wouldn't make much sense to have too many buildings with unique effects. I think about 3 should be the max(including the unique wonder-national, trait or whatever/ btw max doesn't mean min). Too many are 1. a lot of work 2. almost impossible to balance 3. confusing for the player.

The more unique effects a civ gets the less strong should be the effects etc.

good point.

so then how should we implement slavery? should it be a trait, a civic, a technology or what? i think that whatever we decide we should also have a 'Slave Trade Center' building which could increse happyness and production of the city.

I have an idea to completely revamp the slavery civic.

1) 'Pop rushing' goes to some other civic or is removed all together

2) Everytime you beat an enemy unit there is a small chance of generating a 'slave' unit.

3) This unit can be used to give +20 hammers to a city. Can only be done once per turn per city to stop people completely rushing wonders in one go.

Dark elves are twice as likely as anyone else to get a slave unit when defeating oponents.

sound similar to the FFH one. do the 'slaves' get sacrificed, or do they stay alive?
i think it would be cool if the Dark elves could also sacrifice the slaves to boost research in thier cities for a turn also, to symbolise sacrificing slaves to Khaine for favour from the gods.

i also think only some races should be able to get slaves, darkelves, vampire counts, khemri, araby, chaos dwarves, lizard men, skaven, ogres, and perhaps orcs and gobbos.

Ploe: You should re read your geography books:p:p
i did say Lizardmen which are in Lustria, the eqivilant of 'South America'.
but you are, again, partially right :blush: i forgot the Amazonians, if ever there was a race that oved slaves, it was the amazons:p

so over all the darkelves, khemri, araby, chaos dwarves, lizard men,amazons, skaven, ogres, tileans and perhaps orcs and gobbos can get slavery, but the Darkelves, amazona and lizard men could get incresed slavery.

Top Bottom