World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

Yep... When the Africa Korps came home they needed someplace to go I guess

Hmm, I think there was not much left of the Africa Korps after their surrender in Tunesia in 1943, hehe. I think the Nazis were just afraid of an Invasion of southern France and didn't trust Vichy enough to counter that.

but if one of these "super cities" fell into enemy hands, it would give the victor a VERY unfair advantage.

Maybe the way to go would be an american home base in UK, i.e. either a "super city" on the british Island, or to have a script which makes reinforcements from the states arrive at that place. Until a continental harbor has been conquered, like Antwerp.

(If I'm correct, the main goal of the Germans in the Ardennen offensive in Dec 1944 was to conquer Antwerpen and prevent the allies to ship reinforcement so close to the front. Longer reinforcement ways would have delayed the allied march into the Reich)

Ok I fixed it as well had to rename the mod folder to /ww2 1939/

This should be fixed up though so nobody had to move around folders or rename anything.

Game observations-

just from playing the Soviet Union briefly I noticed Novgorod is in the completely wrong place and Sevastopol is completely missing - this port city was the site of heavy fighting for 6+ months before the Germans could take it.

Just some quick observations there... now to get on to playing ;-) Time to throw my avalanche of T-34s onto those dirty nazi invaders.

I checked once again it @ home it should install it to
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\
I'm downloading it from civfanatics to make sure everything it's ok

If you use VIsta or installed Civ4 in other place you need to find the Warlords/Mod dierctory

AND DON'T INSTALL IT IN WARLORDS/MODS IN MY DOCUMENTS
If you change the default folder, it seems to add the "World War II 1939 1.0b" subdirectory if you place it in Mods. (And you're right, not in the My Documents subdirectory.)

I tried moving the "World War II 1939 1.0b" folder's contents up one level into the Mods folder and started the game - the menu came up looking like it was the correct one, but when I tried to load the D-Day scenario that came with it, it crashed. The separate 1933 and D-Day scenarios by JungleIII (?) said "You need the Mods\\ww2 1939\ mod to play this game" or something like that.

I'm going to try to download the ZIP file instead of the installer and see if that helps.

If you change the default folder, it seems to add the "World War II 1939 1.0b" subdirectory if you place it in Mods. (And you're right, not in the My Documents subdirectory.)

Ach I understand now - i see what's wrong - i always installed it to default place
Indeed it adds another folder - it seems something wrong is with the program wich makes installer.

You can move it to the correct place should work (however the problem might be with unistalling it)
or during installation after you choose browse, delete the unnecesary text in instalation
Thank you for helping this out

Hello,
this is my first post.. my english is not so good, sorry:

the ww2 mod is so beautiful .. this is exactly the reason, why i play civ...
i played the sevomod long time ago.. but nothing can compare to your WW2mod...

the units .. so many of them .. everything i am impressed..

but one thing:

i have the same problem as one poster has described above: all the flags are white.. i do believe this has something to do with the grafikcard..
when will there be a patch so that i can see this flags? it would help very much to keep the overview

Thank You..

Great Work...

PS: Till yesterday I have played only civ4 without warlords... i buyed warlords only to play your mod...! It exeeds all expectations!

The entire game crashes when I complete the arc de triumph(or whatever) in frankfurt as Germany in the 1933 scenario.

Any way to fix it?

Help; Can not play your mod.

Installed to...

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\

In here is a folder called WW2 1939

1st try; start game...advanced...load mod...it is not there.

2nd try; open \Mods\WW2 1939\PublicMaps\ (Double click on any scenario) and...

Error=Mod\ww2 1939 not a valid directory???

What do I do? I really would like to try this mod.

Windows Xp service pack 2; 2.4processor; gig of ram; nvida 5200; Warlords 2.08

and I am computer illiterate.

Error=Mod\ww2 1939 not a valid directory or

Error=Mods\ww2 1939 not a valid directory

Also, try changing the case of the folder in the Mods directory to lower case, i.e. WW2 1939\ > ww2 1939\

Or even better ww2_1939\

changed Mods\WW2 1939\ to Mods\ww2 1939

same error

Mods\ww2 1939\ is an invalid directory :cry: :confused:

what do i do???

I'm assuming that you started playing Warlords and not Vanilla. Just checking.

Also, did you unpack the downloaded file or simply take the download and copy it into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\?

It runs for me after installing it per directions.

these scenarios are all way too easy as germany

I'm playing the scenario 1933, I'm enjoying a lot. Some small mistakes you can easily correct about city names, for example, Venezia (not Venizia), Copenhagen (not Coppenhagen), Bogota' (not Bagata'). I didnt control all cities, so better you do. Just a thought: as I said in another forums, why you modders dont use the option "new random seed on reload" for your scenarios, as the Civ combat system is so awful that you can lose units even when you are 99% to win and all that you can do is skip another turn, only because the random number that AI selected is unpleasant for you? Some modders told me because someone can load a game severals times to wait for a good number, but I think most of the players would do this only when strange accidents happen, as when you lose with 99% to win and that happens not only once on 100 battles, but much more. Who cares if someone want to reload his game trying to win with less than 50% to win? At least battles results will be more realistic in general and it's more funny for us, tired to skip turns when there is nothing else left if not to lose a unit that normally has 99% to win. Anyway, thx for you good job.

Thank you for your time;

yes unpacked zip file to desktop...double clicked World_War_II_1939_1.0b.exe

extracted to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\

it created a folder called WW2 1939

in this folder are two other folders assets and PublicMaps

(this should be fine right)?

though starting warlords and clicking advanced; then clicking mods and...(there is no entry for WW2

1939) it does not give me the option to load ww2 1939 (it is not even listed)

I just do not get it:confused: :confused: :confused:

When you click Advanced, Load a Mod, the WW 1939 will be at the very bottom. There's a chance you might have to scroll down? It isn't readily visible for me since it's last.

My warlords 2.08 is a fresh install.

click Advanced, Load a Mod, only the origional Mods that come with warlords show up???

I do not get it?

If the WW2 1939 folder is where you say it is then the mod has to show up in the Load a Mod screen. It sounds like you've done everything correct. I'm not sure why it isn't showing up.

Good plan. Try Total Realism for Warlords and see if that works. If so then this should as well.

these scenarios are all way too easy as germany

As mentioned previously, the 1933 scenario and D-Day scenario that were loaded into the Mod, are 5-6 revisions old.

PLEASE - try the NEW SCENARIO downloads at:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...o=file&id=4152 D-Day
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...o=file&id=4153 for 1933 World

I have taken 100's of hours of play to rebalance the game and find you will need to be a pretty good player to not be overwelmed playing as Germany. You will not be able to knock the oppostion off your shores anymore...
You will not walk all over the Russians in 2-3 turns any more...
You will probably be unable to stop the Allied advance in Italy...
You will need to sink as many transports as possible as they will be heading back for more and more reinforcements...
Your airforce is cut in half... Your navy is scarce...
ETC... ETC... ETC... A Human Player CAN win as Germany - I doubt the A.I. would be able to win as Germany.
MUCH MORE CHALLENGING NOW !! Give it a Retry please and see if you don't want "just one more turn"

Top Bottom