[Design] Wonders

Darque

Chaotic Lord of Dragonia
Lets discuss wonders design here.
Here is the current wonders list:
Spoiler World Wonders :
Metaphysics Lab (Req Metaphysics) +100% Research in City
Colosseum of Gladiators (Req Construction and Colosseum) +1 Happy in City; +1 Happy in all cities on Continent; +2 Culture
Gardens of Ehlonna (Req Agriculture and Pottery) +6 Culture;+3 Happy in City; +1 Happy in Contenent; +1 Health in All Cities; +1 GP Engineer
Grand Shrine of Erythnul (Req Mysticism) +4 Culture; -1 Health in all cities on continent; +1 GP Prophet; Divine Units in city get Death I promotion
Temple of Kord (Req Mysticism and Sports; 5 Arenas) +1 Culture; Can produce Contender of Kord units
Grand Smithy of Lycanzar (Req Magic Items) +1 Culture; Half unit upgrade costs
Great Dam of Winemouthe (Req Terraforming; Stone) +5 Production in City; +1 GP Engineer
Great Library (Req Literacy) +8 Research in City; +2 Free Great Sages; +2GP Sage
Great Lighthouse (Req Sailing and Masonry; Stone or Marble) +2 Culture; All Ships get +1 Movement; +2 GP Merchant +2 Coastal Trade Routes
Great Theater (Req Bards Guild) +8 Happy in City; +2 Culture
Hall of Immortals (Req Path of Immortality)All Cities retain 50% food after growth; +2 Culture; +1 Population in All Cities
Halls of Necromancy (Req Undead Mastery) +1 Culture; All new Divine and Arcane units get free Death I promotion if built in city; +1 Research
Palace of the Grand Emporer (Req Imperial Power; Marble or Stone) +6 Culture, Government Center; +2 GP Spy
School of Alchemy (Req Alchemy) +100% Research; +3 Free Sage; +2 GP Sage
School of Conjuration (Req Conjuration) +100% Research; +3 Free Sage; +2 GP Sage; Free Conjuration I promotion to new Arcane units
School of Divination (Req Divination) +100% Research; +3 Free Sage; +2 GP Sage; Free Divination I promotion to new Arcane units
School of Elementalism (Req Elementalism) +100% Research; +3 Free Sage; +2 GP Sage
School of Evocation (Req Evocation) +100% Research; +3 Free Sage; +1 GP Sage; Free Evocation I promotion to new Arcane units
School of Necromancy (Req Necromancy) +100% Research; +3 Free Sage; +2 GP Sage; Free Death I promotion to new Arcane units
Temple of Air (Req Aeromancy) +4 Culture; +1 GP Sage; Free Air I promotion to new Arcane units
Temple of Earth (Req Geomancy)+4 Culture; +1 GP Sage; Free Earth I promotion to new Arcane units
Temple of Fire (Req Pyromancy)+4 Culture; +1 GP Sage; Free Fire I promotion to new Arcane units
Temple of Osprem (Req Sailing)+4 Culture; +1 Ship movement; +2 GP Prophet; Free Divine I promotion to new Divine units
Temple of Water (Req Hydromancy)+4 Culture; +1 GP Sage; Free Water I promotion to new Arcane units
The Black Tower (Req Magical Philosophy; Evil Alignment; Stone or Marble)+3 Happy in City; +2 Culture; +100% Research; +1 GP Sage; +1 Free Sage
The Grey Tower (Req Magical Philosophy; Neutral Alignment; Stone or Marble)+3 Happy in City; +2 Culture; +100% Research; +1 GP Sage; +1 Free Sage
The White Tower (Req Magical Philosophy; Good Alignment; Stone or Marble)+3 Happy in City; +2 Culture; +100% Research; +1 GP Sage; +1 Free Sage
Citadel Adbar (Req and Dwarven Pantheon) +4 Culture, +2 Production, +2 XP for new units; +50% Defense
Knights of Pentysis (Req Adv Military Tactics; Feudalism Civic; Lvl 3 Unit)+4 Culture; +1 GP Great Great General; +2 XP for new land units
Spoiler Religious Centres :
All religious centres reqire Theocracy
The Great Tree (Correllon)
Sanctum of Heironeous (Heironeous)
The Necropolis (Nerull)
Seat of Moradin (Morndinsamman)
The Iron Sanctum (Hextor)
The Iron Fortress (Gruumsh)
Citadel of Light (Pelor)
The Web of the Spider Queen (Lolth))
Spoiler Holy Places :
All holy places require Priesthood
Pantheon Temple of the Seldarine (Correllon)
The Bastion of Faith (Heironeous)
The Crypt of Souls (Nerull)
The Hall of Moradin's Forge (Morndinsamman)
Citadel of Strife (Hextor)
House of the One Eye (Gruumsh)
The Temple of Brilliant Reflection (Pelor)
Guallidurth (Lolth))
Spoiler National Wonders :
Baron's Keep (Req Feudalism)
Druid's Grove (Req Druidism)
Dwarven Workshop
Iron Works (Req Ironworks)
Military Academy (Req Military Tradition)
Mithril Smith (Req Magic Items)
Treasury/Mint (Req Currancy)
Hall of Heroes
Royal Operahouse: (Req Music) +2 Culture; +2 Artist
Spoiler Guildhalls :
(Guilds will replace corporations)
Adventurers Guild
Assasins Guild - Can build assasins
Guild of Air - All Mages get free PROMOTION_AIR1
Guild of Earth - All Mages get free PROMOTION_EARTH1
Guild of Fire - All Mages get free PROMOTION_FIRE1
Guild of Water - All Mages get free PROMOTION_WATER1
Mercenaries Guild - Can contract out mercenaries in that town
Warriors Guild - UNITCOMBAT_MELEE, UNITCOMBAT_ARCHER and UNITCOMBAT_MOUNTED get +2 XP
Mages Guild - UNITCOMBAT_ARCANE gets +2 XP
Theives Guild - UNITCOMBAT_RECON gets +2 XP

Still needed is a discussion as to what bonuses each wonder provides. Ideas anyone?

I'm assuming you have some stats from the CivIII version. It might be easier to see what those are (or use those initially) and then modify as playtesting occurs.

Costs, tech prereqs, and bonuses are tough to visualize without playing.

Some of them will not be of much use since they are interior shots, but at least they may spur some ideas.

Hex, if you have the time...
The new national wonder, Royal Operahouse will need a video. Can you come up with something?

And I just had another thought with the jpgs of all the wonder videos - we can use them to create buttons (64x64) for the wonders. Do you want to take that on and pass on a bmp of it? Or should I take care of that? If you are going to handle it, I have a template of the button border if you need it.

Email me the template - I should be able to get it done sometime next week. Same with the video...I'll get something up and running.

I'm on vacation until the 26th (It was iffy that I would be able to get the time off with all that is happening in the job transition, and even with the time I'm taking off next week, I still have 6 vacation days due me by the end of December), though I will be painting our living room for the next few days.

I was also able to run off some dragonia related miniposters for promotional giveaways this past week. Unfortunately, I will not have that benefit once I transfer to the new job.

Too bad you won't be able to create more miniposters in the future.
I suggest we have a contest to give those out. after the first beta is released. Maybe something to the tune of whoever can win the game at a certain difficulty first and email us the savegame as proof wins a poster. If you hold onto the posters long enough, we can also hold a similar contest for the 2nd beta release and then the final release.

Here are the bonuses for the Wonders in Dragonia I for Civ3:
Gardens of Ehlonna: (Req Farming) +3 Happy in City, +1 Happy in all cities
Great Lighthouse: (Req Map Making) Safe Sea Travel, +1 Ship Movement, +2 Culture
Great Library: (Req Literature) Gain any advances Owned by 2 Civs
Prophet of Istus: (Req Divination) +1 Happy in City, Double Happiness of Shrines
Book of Arlich: (Req Defensive Tactics) Double Combat vs Barbarians, +2 Culture, Free Walls in every city on Continent
Temple of Heironeous: (Req Adv Military Tactics, 5 Temples, Stone) Reduces War Weariness, Increases Chance of Leader Appearance, +3 Culture, Double Temple Happiness, Gain free Barracks in every city on continent, Increased Army Value, Produces Paladins
Temple of Hextor: (Req Adv Military Tactics, 5 Dark Temples, Stone) Reduces War Weariness, Increases chance of Leader Appearance, Increased Army Value, Double Dark Temple Happiness, Gain free Barracks in every city on continent, Increased Army Value, Produces Dark Paladins
Temple of Osprem: (Req Sailing, Stone) +1 Culture, +1 Ship Movement
Metaphysics Lab: (Req Metaphysics) Double Research
Great Theater: (Req Bard's Guild) +8 Happy in City
Grand Smithy of Lycanzar: (Req Magic Items, Iron) +1 Culture, Half Unit Upgrade Cost
Grand Shrine of Lirr: (Req Gods of Good, 5 Libraries) +1 Culture, +2 Happy in City, +2 Happy in all cities, Gain Free Library in all Cities, +50% Research
School of Alchemy: (Req Alchemy) Double Research Output
Caravans of Tristra: (Req Economics) Pays maintenance for trade installations
School of Conjuration: (Req Conjuration) Double Research Output
Great Dam of Khusarik: (Req Terraforming, Stone) +5 Production
Theory of Magic: (Req Magical Philosophy) +2 Free Advances
Palace of the Grand Emporer: (Req Imperial Strength, Power Node, Stone) +6 Culture, Resistant to Propaganda, Reduces Curruption, Allows Diplomatic Victory
School of Divination: (Req Divination) Double Research output
School of Evocation: (Req Evocation) Doubles Research output
Longevity: (Req Magic Mastery) City Growth Causes +2 Citizens instead of +1
School of Elementalism: (Req Elementalism) Doubles Research output
Knights of Pentysis: (Req Adv Military Tactics, Feudalism Gov't, 3 Armies) +4 Culture, Produces Knights, Build Larger Armies, Increases Chance of Leader Appearance
Temple of Kord: (Req Sports, 5 Arenas, Stone) +1 Culture, Produces Heavy Axeman, Double Happiness of Arenas
Temple of Nerull (Req Gods of Evil, Stone) +1 Unhappy in all cities, Double Happiness of Dark Temple, +4 Culture, Produces Dark Paladins
The Grey Tower: (Req Magical Philosophy, Stone) +3 Happy in city, +2 Culture, Double Research Output
Mercenary's Guild: (Req Magic Items, 1 Barracks, Quality Lumber) +2 Culture, Produces Infantry
Temple of Gruumsh: (Req Orcish Pantheon, Stone) +4 Culture, Veteran Ground Units, Double Combat vs Barbarians, Increases Chance of Leader Appearance, Build Larger Armies, Produces Eye of Gruumsh
Temple of Lolth: (Req Drow Pantheon, Stone, Power Node) +4 Culture, Veteran Ground Units, Double Combat Str vs Barbarians, Increases Chance of Leader Appearance, Build Larger Armies, Produces Spider
Citadel Adbar: (Req Dwarven Pantheon, Stone, Power Node) +4 Culture, Veteran Ground Units, Double Combat vs Barbarians, Increases Chance of Leader Appearance, Build Larger Armies, Produces Hammer of Moradin
Temple of Corollan: (Req Elven Pantheon, Stone, Power Node) +4 Culture, Veteran Ground Units, Double Combat Str vs Barbarians, Increases Chance of Leader Appearance, Build Larger Armies, Produces Corellon's Rain
Temple of Pelor: (Req Gods of Good, 5 Temples, Stone) +1 Culture, Veteran Ground Units, +1 Happy in all Cities

Here are the Small Wonders in Dragonia I for Civ3:
Heroic Epic: (Req Victorious Army) +4 Culture, Increases Chance of Leader Appearance
Iron Works: (Req Iron Working, Iron, Quality Lumber) +1 Culture, +4 Production
Baran's Castle: (Req Aristocracy, Quality Lumber, Stone) +4 Culture, Reduces Corruption
Military Academy: (Req Military Tradition, Victorious Army) +3 Culture, Veteran Ground Units, Build Armies without Leader, Increased Army Value
Master Guildhall: (Req Guilds, 10 Merchant Guilds, Quality Lumber) +2 Culture, Treasury Earns 5%
Druid's Grove: (Req Druidism, Druidism Gov't) +2 Culture, +1 Happy in City, +1 Happy in all Cities
Secret of Magical Defense: (Req Magic Mastery, 5 Mage's Towers) Decreases Success of Missile Attacks by 75%
Assasin's Guild: (Req Espionage, Quality Lumber) Allows Spy Missions
Temple of Nola: (Req Medicine, 5 Apothocaries, Stone) +1 Culture, Allows Healing in Enemy Territory

It'll be fun to gradually replace placeholder art with new buildings. Lots of new buildings...

Is there any way to sharpen up the dds wonder/leaderhead buttons? They look extremely fuzzy and blurry - and I know that the BMP files I provided were very crisp and sharp. (as well as the leaderpics)

And a sidenote...The current game runs much smoother for me (no more choppy movie), but I cannot call up the interface ([Alt-I] doesn't work either).

Interface issues can be Custom Assets. If that isn't is blame Darque! :p

Top Bottom