[BtS] DIPLOMACY: a mod for Diplogames!

Well, since the module packs are taking a little longer than expected I decided to give those of you who visit my thread a little early Christmas present.

This moduel will appear in Module Pack II, along with Iran, Minoa, Vietnam, Songhai and Australia.

I present to you, the Congolese Empire! I figured there should be more African civs in the game. The leader is General Mobutu, the UU is a Tribal Militia (replaces Marine), and the UB is an Nkisi (replaces Hospital).

Also Madman, could you make a button for them for me? I used the button from Civ Gold, but I'd rather have the button match the flag I used. The flag is grey and the symbol is pink. Thanks in advance, and I hope you guys like it. Just so you know though; the Longbowman doesn't look like a longbowman, it looks more like a reskinned skirmisher than anything else, I just couldn't find a flavored longbowman that matched the rest of the units here, so keep that in mind when you are playing. Enjoy.

It first, before I even look at the description of this mod, I thought it was a total conversation of Civ IV that deals with more modern events and modern diplomacy, where you deal with the problems of your country from labor unions asking you to raise the wages of workers or researchers want to do this but need more funding, more like these events that depending on your actions, it will change your nation good or bad. Something like the web game called Empires or something like that which is like you got your own empire, your capital name, currency and whatnot, and you get these events that will change your values.

It first, before I even look at the description of this mod, I thought it was a total conversation of Civ IV that deals with more modern events and modern diplomacy, where you deal with the problems of your country from labor unions asking you to raise the wages of workers or researchers want to do this but need more funding, more like these events that depending on your actions, it will change your nation good or bad. Something like the web game called Empires or something like that which is like you got your own empire, your capital name, currency and whatnot, and you get these events that will change your values.

No. Its not like that at all. It is only called "Diplomacy" because it was originally made to be used for a Diplogame. It has no changes to diplomacy, or even gameplay at all. In fact I didn't even come up with the name for it, the Diplogame guys did. So that is not at all what it is.

I made an Australian Cavalry skin, I need to fix the hat to the "flop-hat" (I think that's what its called), its only a rekinning though because I don't know how to edit units. Honestly I don't think its that good, it looks a little messy. And I've requested some Aussie units in the unit request thread based on an Australian rifleman skin I made. If anyone could help me out with this that'd be great because Module Pack II will include Australia.

BTW, this doesn't mean I am delaying the Americas pack at all. I am just waiting on a few things from a few people and it will be done.

Here's what I came up with for the Aussie Cavalry though.

If I'm gonna make the flag button, you can't just say "grey and pink". Copy the color values from the ColorVals XML!

That way I know which colors to enter on GIMP.

If I'm gonna make the flag button, you can't just say "grey and pink". Copy the color values from the ColorVals XML!

That way I know which colors to enter on GIMP.

LOL, I put up the whole module. Which means the color values are in there, I was just telling you that the FLAG is the GREY color and the SYMBOL is the PINK color so you don't have to load the game up to look at it. But since GIMP and Civ use different color values I can just tell you what they are in gimp.

PINK IS:
H - 312
S - 37
V - 96
R - 246
G - 155
B - 228

GREY IS:
H - 312
S - 8
V - 42
R - 107
G - 98
B - 105

And for the Americas modules, I am going to redo some of the flags before I finish it, and I'll write up the values for you as well. Thank you very much for doing this by the way, this is awesome.

Oh, my bad.

These are the Color Values in the XML multiplied by 255, right?

Could you send me a screenshot of some units in the game holding the flag? I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing what a button would look like.

Alright, here is an image of the Congo in game, with a couple of their flavored units and their flag visible. I've also attached a mock-up of what the button should look like, but I don't know how to color it and make it look like a flag (like with the ripples and stuff) so if you could do that it would be really helpful.

OK, I think I already did it.

I'll send it soon.

Edit: Here's the button. By the way, I've also put in buttons and flags for Vietnam and Australia. The vietnamese one is a water buffalo (originally for Civ Gold's Harappan civilization), which is a better symbol than a monkey with its butt in the air. And for Australia I retooled the Southern Cross to make it smaller. The Color Values are as follows:
Spoiler :
Australia: Navy (0.00, 0.00, 0.50) and White
Vietnam: Crimson (0.86, 0.09, 0.24) and Dark Yellow

For Canada, I'd recommend Scarlet (1.00, 0.14, 0.00) and white. Brazil should be Forest Green (0.13, 0.55, 0.13) and Dark Yellow. For Argentina you should invert the colors on the decal by the guy who made it so that the sun is white; that way we can have Cadet Blue as the main color (0.37, 0.62, 0.63) and Yellow as secondary color. Cuba is Powder Blue (0.69, 0.88, 0.90) and White, Mexico is Olive (0.42, 0.56, 0.14) and Red. And like I mentioned, Gran Colombia is Burgundy (0.50, 0.00, 0.13) and White. Most of these were the schemes for Civ Gold, so it shouldn't be much trouble.

All colors whose coordinates were not specified are the original colors used in Civ4.

Attachments

• flagbutton.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 282
Okay, what I'm going to do is give you the flags for the Americas pack right now. I like your ideas for these:

Canada
Brazil
Gran Colombia

I'd rather have the following for the others though.

Argentina: I like gold better than yellow only because I will probably make another module sometime that has blue and yellow and Argentina works well with powder blue and gold. Here are the civ colors I put in for them:

Code:
		<ColorVal>
			<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_ARGENTINA_LTBLUE</Type>
			<fRed>0.49</fRed>
			<fGreen>0.75</fGreen>
			<fBlue>0.89</fBlue>
			<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
		</ColorVal>
		<ColorVal>
			<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_ARGENTINA_GOLD</Type>
			<fRed>0.65</fRed>
			<fGreen>0.63</fGreen>
			<fBlue>0.05</fBlue>
			<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
		</ColorVal>

For Cuba, I actually like the colors you've come up with. But I already have a few blue and white civs in my game (America, Korea, Israel) and I am going to have at least two more (Scotland and Australia) so I want to shy away from another blue and white one. So I figured making the star red would be a good representative of communism, plus it adds the red from their flag. This is what I used as Cuba's colors:

Code:
		<ColorVal>
			<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_CUBA_RED</Type>
			<fRed>0.76</fRed>
			<fGreen>0.18</fGreen>
			<fBlue>0.18</fBlue>
			<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
		</ColorVal>
		<ColorVal>
			<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_CUBA_BLUE</Type>
			<fRed>0.06</fRed>
			<fGreen>0.51</fGreen>
			<fBlue>0.90</fBlue>
			<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
		</ColorVal>

Finally for Mexico; the flag just looks strange with red and green for some reason, and looks even better with white. You can see more detail in the logo with the white rather than the red which looks kind of like a splotch of paint fell on the flag. So I made the flag green with a white symbol:

Code:
		<ColorVal>
			<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_MEX_GREEN</Type>
			<fRed>0.21</fRed>
			<fGreen>0.49</fGreen>
			<fBlue>0.08</fBlue>
			<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
		</ColorVal>
		<ColorVal>
			<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_WHITE</Type>
			<fRed>0.90</fRed>
			<fGreen>0.90</fGreen>
			<fBlue>0.90</fBlue>
			<fAlpha>1.00</fAlpha>
		</ColorVal>

Again, I don't think there is anything wrong about your suggestions, they are perfectly reasonable. But since I am going to make a whole bunch of modules for this mod (Considering the four I've already done, there will be 16 after this round of modules comes out) I am trying to make the colors as unique as possible and leave me with options that could be used for other civs. Plus I have looked at different combos and I think these are the best for the three civs mentioned.

For the other three I will use your suggestions, I have looked at them and they are much better than the ones I had before. I have attached all of the flags from the Americas modules.

BTW: You didn't attach the Congo button and the Aussie/Vietnam flags and buttons. I have the Songhai and Minoans covered though. And would you mind doing Iran for me? I was gonig to do a white flag with a green logo, you can choose whichever green you think is best.

With the buttons I might be able to knock out a bunch of modules tonight because I have off until next week. I am still waiting on Bernie's Brazilians and Ekemek to finish his Boilvar LH because the anims were screwy. Once that is done (and these buttons) the Americas are ready to roll!

I don't know what happened. I attached the zip files. The site says it's in progress, though.

Damn it, I think I have to change Australia's color... I forgot America was Navy-Colored!

So you ended up using tsentom's Brazil flag... guess mine didn't work?

Great job! What are your thoughts on my Americas stuff?

By the way, you must have sent me the wrong Congo.dds. Because the one you sent me has a gorilla. The one I sent you is a leopard's head. And it should be colored like the flag in the image I posted.

Damn it, I think I have to change Australia's color... I forgot America was Navy-Colored!

So you ended up using tsentom's Brazil flag... guess mine didn't work?

Yeah, I wound up using Tsentom's Brazil flag because I couldn't get yours to work. Make a button based on your's though too just in case becuase I actually like yours better (no offense Tsentom).

I wouldn't worry too mouch about Australia. I can always make the color slightly lighter, it doesn't matter if the button isn't EXACTLY right.

I fixed the link.

Alright quick run down of civs and leaders in Module Pack II:

Vietnam - Trung Trac and Ho Chi Minh
Minoa - Minos (Satur too maybe)
Australia - John Curtin
Congo - General Mobutu
Songhai - Sonni Ali
Iran - Ahmedinejad and Khomeini

Sound good to you?

Top Bottom