The First 2 Ages of Erubus

Daryl95

Templar
I know there are two ages before the Age of Ice. Maybe somone should make Age of Dragons and Age of Magic mods. Just a thought.

Age of Magic = FFH1, though an age of dragons would sound fun, if somebody would take the time to bug Kael about the appropriate civilizations to include. The only one im sure about are the amurites andi guess the dwarves, though ther's surely others.

Could I be directed in downloading this FFH1? I would very much like to play it a time or two :)

Im expecting super spells by the way ^^

Ffh 1 I believe is AoI. This is interesting. Btw, Amurites were only recently created in the AoI. They just happened to be the people that former king of Patria led

Ffh 1 I believe is AoI. This is interesting. Btw, Amurites were only recently created in the AoI. They just happened to be the people that former king of Patria led

FfH 1 is a completely separate mod. Should still be able to find it on this site. AoI was made explicitly for BTS.

Also, the civilization in the Age of Magic called themselves Amurites. I doubt there is much of a connection to the current Amurites other than Kylorin, but I may be wrong.

So ... any details on how FFH1 was played? Im curious how many civs there are ... cause it seems only one civ would be human ...

Edit: and one Dwarf civ, one elf civ... maybe a squid civ (remember hearing something about that) ... dont know if there were any demons in this one ... isnt this age when gods and magic were stomping about all powerful like?

Yes, FfH1 is the same thing as FfH2, same period etc, but with less stuff modified.
The Age of Ice doesn't really look like a setting with much to do, apart from the BtS official scenario.
The Age of Dragons is probably very different from FfH2 with mighty dragons smashing everything and gods going crazy. Not sure it's very fit for a mod.
The Age of Magic could definitely be interesting, although you'd probably have a few periods: Before/After Patria falls. Or some scenarios during the end of Patria, with f.e. each civ corresponding to one of Kylorin's students (and Kylorin a barbarian unit bent on killing all the mages - that would be fun since barbarians would actually be the civilised people).

I think there'd be some plot differences, what with Ghandi being a leader. From what I understand FfH1 was just a very incomplete version of FfH released before Kael got the team together to make the mod he really wanted.

FFH1 sruck me as quite generic. This was before the team started really working on making each civ unique, so yes there was a minotar civ, ork civ, goblin civ, fairy civ, centuar civ and so on, but that really didnt mean much beyond the picture for the leader.
On Topic: a game in the Age of Dragons would likely not be capable of supporting cities, let alone a game of Civ. Everyone was hiding in caves and running around trying not to get stomped on.... if however, you could build a game around each of the gods then such a game becomes a possibility.
How do gods get their power in FFH? If it's similar to Terry Pratchett and and gods get power from the people that worship them that would translate handily into City-->population-->production for such things as whatever biological war-machines a god might want to conjure.
Also as the god's followers grow the god gains the ability to produce bigger and better beasties a la tech progression. Uhh, faith points instead of commerce?
I'm at the limit of my creativity for now, but at least I think it could work... so long as it doesn't turn into a turn based Age of Empires Mythologies.

FFH1 sruck me as quite generic. This was before the team started really working on making each civ unique, so yes there was a minotar civ, ork civ, goblin civ, fairy civ, centuar civ and so on, but that really didnt mean much beyond the picture for the leader.

Which raises the point, is FfH merely an early version of FfH2 or did these civs (Tigrans, Minotaurs, etc.) exist within FfH lore during one of the earlier ages?

No, they were put in just as generic fantasy civs. They did not exist in FfH lore.

Could I be directed in downloading this FFH1? I would very much like to play it a time or two :)

Im expecting super spells by the way ^^
This is not about a mod that exists. These ages were mentioned in the civilopedia of FfH2.

Yeah, FfH1 is the mod we made before the SDK became available. In fact its final version released the day the SDK came out. I had SDK access a few months before it was publically released so I already had the FfH1 dll all compiled. I really didnt want many SDK changes in FfH1 but I have a few things like animals not dissapearing and enabling water walking.

FfH1 didnt have any of the true FfH civs because I could get them to do the things I wanted from the civs without major SDK changes.

FfH1 was really just a prototype for what FfH2 would be. By the time I started playing with the SDK I had all of the teams help for tons of new great ideas, and Talchas's help designing the spell system. The team had such great ideas that I opened the floor up to brainstorming on what they wanted in FfH, rather then just the original design I had written when I started FfH1. The team added so many awesome things that it really justified a new major version and made the game so much better than I had originally imagined.

So there have been no Age of Dragons or Age of Magic mods. I always thought that an Age of Dragons mod should run more like DotA or Demigod than Civ4. An Age of Magic mod would be interesting. It could feature much more powerful mages, but fewer of them (in effect every mage would be a hero).

so how heavy a modification would be necessary to make an Age of Dragons mod for Civ4? Care to outline some ideas?

Top Bottom