Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

We tested AND 1.75 on two new computers, it again doesnt work :-(,
but again
ROM 2.92 and and 1.74 works also on that two new computers.

So, problem must be in 1.75, what now ???

ok listen guys,

i really appreciate the work u do, but u cant just dismiss our problem with a counter-question, such as "check the cable" or something like "it works over IP" - while it does NOT.

it does however work with rom 2.92, and 1.74 - only with this one combined version 175 we DO HAVE PROBLEMS. trying to solve them in a time where id much rather want to play than try to figure out things i obviously wont figure out...i would really address my concerns that the mod u have constructed doesnt work in MP AT_ALL_. i think, there is a LITTLE problem, something that u just implanted in THIS version (from 174 to 175) so there is some good chance u might find out whats different soon. the later u turn to this problem the harder it will be to trace back.

would be great if u could do it! thx in advance for your efforts!

VeatWorld and ludovit8, just to see if you got this right.
Version 1.75 is a stand alone version, 1.74 was dependable on ROM.
When stalling 1.75 you should place it in the ~/Mods/ folder directly and double check to see if folder is really there, 1.75 uses a different name than previous versions.
Try playing single player to see if its ok, then go to the multiplayer game.

Sorry if my answer sounds stupid, I'm not the developer of this mod( also not a modder).
Just to check if this part, at least, is clear.

292 with 174 is in Rise of Mankind
175 alone is at the Rie of manking - a new dawn

We do it on four (2+2) different computers, and problem is always same :-(

- We tried also to exchanged (each other) a lot of settings or similar files...
- we tried setup up with "blue ? marble .... graphics" and "formation" and also with clear setup up
- we used 4 (2my+2 his) different net for spy game (dont tell us about IP please :) )
- we tried reinstall whole game, civ 4 + bs and make it as new clear install,
- we tried used even some more hints but nothing help

I am sure that problem is in alone 1.75 version,
maybe it needs something, from other addons/mod or so, what we do not have installed. But I can hardly believe, that if someone who thinks that 175 is all right will make new clear install, that it would work on his PC too :-(

Try sending the mod though a flash drive not the internet that fixed the problem when me and my brother couldn't connect. (Note it wasn't with RoM:AND but it did fix the problem.)

Try sending the mod though a flash drive not the internet that fixed the problem when me and my brother couldn't connect. (Note it wasn't with RoM:AND but it did fix the problem.)

hm... yes, we use different install package, they seem to be same, but download link was not same maybe. We will try it.

I just want to thank Afforess.
I've been playing BtS for few years. Recently I've installed RoM and AND. I was amazed!
Really, really great! :)

I love the idea but cannot get it to run, it downloads, installs to the right place, and then the mod will not show up to be loaded in game:(.

I love the idea but cannot get it to run, it downloads, installs to the right place, and then the mod will not show up to be loaded in game:(.
I ran Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.75.exe and the files ended up in Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.
When i started the game, only the ROM mod was in the Mods section.

After that I simply moved entire Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder and its subfolders one level down to Mods folder. Now the path is Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.

AND is running OK after that.:)

thanks, I also just realized while I was trying this I had a beyond the sword folder without anything but a mods folder in it, and no mods within that, I recently re-installed and is that just left over, or should I install things to there?

still not working, I had it in the correct folder.

Here are contents of my BTS folder. Incidentally, I reinstalled it again today, so this fresh after installation.

On the top of the picture you can see correct path. In the Mods folder I have subfolders Afterworld, Broken Star, Charlemagne etc.
If there's nothing in your BTS folder maybe you shoud try to reinstall. Don't worry, and try it again. These mods are wonderful - full of wonders!:)

no, I have all oof that in my other bts folder, one must just not have gotten deleted, but how big should the rom-and folder be? mine is 1.57 GB.

That "other" BTS folder is usually called INSTALL folder.

Here are sizes, number of subdirectories (Directory Count) and number of files (File Count) of my MODS folder. You'll notice that Rise of Mankind Folder (only 2 files) is empty. That's because I deleted ROM prior to earlier mentioned today's installation.

I'm running XP SP2.
There is some catch for Vista and W7 and it's explained in one of the first posts on this subforum by Afforess.
Do you have Beyond the Sword 3.19 patch installed?

I don't know anything else.

yeah, ive got the patch, thanks for the help. I have to wipe my drive soon anyways so i'll try again after that.

errrrrrrrrr

we were at least lucky that rom 292 +and 174 works !!!

But I works just until first save and load. We tested it. errrrr

where is problem, what we can do ? After first load of new game, we have every turn oos :-(

its horrible. and frustrating. it never happene in SP, of course. because in SP, there are no OOS.

o man just downloaded it did everything u told me, but when i go in a 50 civ Gigantic smartmapmaker map, right when it says init graphics it crashes and I WANNA PLAY PLEASE HELP cuz i know it has nothing to do with graphics cuz some scenorias works fine but i wanna play 50 civ huge map. I'm so mad right now. help me

The installer isn't working for me. It stalls on "Installing required components" about 2% of the way through. pak0 gets put in the folder, some ini files, and that's it.

Top Bottom