Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

mmyeah, it was the name that made me go look for something big and scaley and really really visible *cough* And he's hard when he's killing my last survivor from the Orthus battle and stealing my axe(Also my last non-garrison military unit)

Anyhow the TXT_KEY entries are actually all through the research tree, nothing to bother about really I think heh. It's just that when I see TXT_KEY entires in other games it usually means something's missing so it makes me scared too :p

Well, what I meant was it doesn't upgrade. It's tough early on, but my mid-game is average or even weak.

Grigori Homesteads do not count as Farms and thus are unaffected by civics such as Agrarianism and Aristocracy - not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but it seems like a rough trade to finally get an economic leg-up against FoL and RoK only to have it cut out from under them.

Also, Agrarianism now grants farms -1 Food and +1 Hammer.

Completely intentional. Quite honestly, the Statesman makes it worthwhile, without bonuses from those two civics. Particularly when you get the Forum built.

The Agrarianism change is intentional.

On Hill Giants and leashed: Been playing around with the various civ changes, and in no game as of yet have Hill Giants shown any restrictions on ability to run from whenever and eat my scouts/attack Capital. On Monarch, fortified Warriors win the defensive struggle for home base, but new cities need Palisades.

The strategy section of Coatlann's pedia entry still talks about dragons and wyrms. I assume that would also have to be changed?

Hill giants like to drop roads wherever they move. This includes your own territory, which they then pillage. Unless there is something in range to attack.

Is the -1 movement on Bedoin workers intended? Because now they can only move one tile per turn in Malakim territory. This is exacerbated by Malakim's lack routes now.

I had this problem with the last version as well. It is the only mod I have this issue with. It almost always seems to happen when Initiating Graphics, but occasionally happens in other portions of the loading.
I run a Windows 7 32bit with a AMD Turion X2 Dual Core, 3 Gb of RAM, and a ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics Card

That's one of the error messages I got from the high graphics settings CtD, also on an ATI graphics card, try turning the general settings down to medium, and if that doesn't work, low.

Assuming I did this right I have an attached save file that crashes consistently after turn 39.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0037.CivBeyondSwordSave
    137.5 KB · Views: 50
Using a custom directory (d:\civ4\...) for Civ, the automatic creation of a desktop shortcut and the first launch via installer fails, though the mod manager ist launched after the installer finishes.

Hill Giants definitely aren't getting leashed:

Spoiler :

You can see the steadding that spawned it to the left.

That's one of the error messages I got from the high graphics settings CtD, also on an ATI graphics card, try turning the general settings down to medium, and if that doesn't work, low.

It doesn't seem to work for me. I have also reinstalled my C++ libraries and reinstalled my framework. If there are any more suggestions I'd love to take them.:confused:

I'm actually having an AMAZING time with lairs... I've gotten 4 techs (at least three of them Archery, Sanitation, and Medicine, by turn 182), 8 great people, 2 wizards (each with 10 experience and Air, Fire, Earth, and Water 1) before even getting any magic tech passed KotE, an Angel and a Chanter, before even getting Mining. @_@

That aside... Farms and other improvements seem to take FOREVER to build. A farm with Agriculture, for example, takes 20 turns with one worker. (As a side, the unhealthiness is a bit much... Without fresh water, your capital is unhealthy by 3 population, with, 5. Perhaps 1.5 per population is a bit more in order?)

Also, I can build the Steamworks as the Amurites. Something... Seems odd about that. I mean, what would I even use Power FOR?

That aside... Farms and other improvements seem to take FOREVER to build. A farm with Agriculture, for example, takes 20 turns with one worker. (As a side, the unhealthiness is a bit much... Without fresh water, your capital is unhealthy by 3 population, with, 5. Perhaps 1.5 per population is a bit more in order?

It would seem that improvement build times are not being reduced by techs. So, you're building everything at the base rate.

I can't join units to a great commander.

Attachments

• NoCommanderJoinBug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    275.3 KB · Views: 76
It would seem that improvement build times are not being reduced by techs. So, you're building everything at the base rate.

Not only that, didn't techs used to reduce build time by 75%? Now my tech tree reads that Education reduces build time by 25%. So even if build time reduction was working, building a cottage takes 15 turns?

Pillaging will be devastating.

Hill giants like to drop roads wherever they move. This includes your own territory, which they then pillage. Unless there is something in range to attack.

Is the -1 movement on Bedoin workers intended? Because now they can only move one tile per turn in Malakim territory. This is exacerbated by Malakim's lack routes now.

Should remove the ability of hill giants to construct roads... That will likely come in a patch though, as Jotnar changes are already planned.

As for the Bedouin Worker: Frankly, I do not remember at this point. It was a change made long ago.

Hill Giants definitely aren't getting leashed:

Spoiler :

You can see the steadding that spawned it to the left.

Hill Giants aren't leashed. Minotaurs are.

I'm actually having an AMAZING time with lairs... I've gotten 4 techs (at least three of them Archery, Sanitation, and Medicine, by turn 182), 8 great people, 2 wizards (each with 10 experience and Air, Fire, Earth, and Water 1) before even getting any magic tech passed KotE, an Angel and a Chanter, before even getting Mining. @_@

That aside... Farms and other improvements seem to take FOREVER to build. A farm with Agriculture, for example, takes 20 turns with one worker. (As a side, the unhealthiness is a bit much... Without fresh water, your capital is unhealthy by 3 population, with, 5. Perhaps 1.5 per population is a bit more in order?)

Also, I can build the Steamworks as the Amurites. Something... Seems odd about that. I mean, what would I even use Power FOR?

Improvement speeds have been reduced, maybe too far; That's what the Balance thread is for. :p

Steamworks is a known bug, slipped through. Can be built by Great Engineers... That will be fixed in the first patch.

They are. The speeds have simply been increased.

I can't join units to a great commander.

There may be an issue with a last minute change in the Mekara module; I'll have to test it.

Not only that, didn't techs used to reduce build time by 75%? Now my tech tree reads that Education reduces build time by 25%. So even if build time reduction was working, building a cottage takes 15 turns?

Pillaging will be devastating.

They are working.

They are. The speeds have simply been increased.
I'm pretty sure they aren't, actually. The build time on a farm was 20 turns on the turn before I researched farmerism, and 19 turns after.

I just started a new game and plopped a worker on a hill tile. 75 turns to create a mine. Then I added every tech in the game. 75 turns to create a mine.

Bug : Game menu is empty when you choose another langage than english (I choosed french).

I'm pretty sure they aren't, actually. The build time on a farm was 20 turns on the turn before I researched farmerism, and 19 turns after.

I just started a new game and plopped a worker on a hill tile. 75 turns to create a mine. Then I added every tech in the game. 75 turns to create a mine.

I'll have to look at it then; It should be working.

Bug : Game menu is empty when you choose anorther langage than english (i choosed the french).

That's not good... And it happens for me too. Likely a messed up textkey.

Unsure if this is a bug or not, but the resolution display seems a bit off.

What's the native resolution the game is meant to be played at?

I'm playing on a laptop with a max res of 1280x800, but squash it slightly to 768 to play it in a window without things getting cropped. Images seem slightly vertically squished, for example the new RifE splash screen and especially the image banners in the Civilopedia. Changing to 1280x720 (16:9) only changes the cropping areas for top and bottom and not the actual resolution as I was hoping it would squash things to appear normal.

Unsure if this is a bug or not, but the resolution display seems a bit off.

What's the native resolution the game is meant to be played at?

I'm playing on a laptop with a max res of 1280x800, but squash it slightly to 768 to play it in a window without things getting cropped. Images seem slightly vertically squished, for example the new RifE splash screen and especially the image banners in the Civilopedia. Changing to 1280x720 (16:9) only changes the cropping areas for top and bottom and not the actual resolution as I was hoping it would squash things to appear normal.

The actual size for the main menu image is 1920x1200.

The civ banners ARE stretched atm; The slot for them was expanded due to some other changes on the page, and new images haven't been made yet.

here is a save of reproducible CTD

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    386.8 KB · Views: 55
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a result of the forts producing culture now, but I thought I'd stick it here. The turn after taking the Amurite city and getting the leader has been defeated pop up, I got, 'bla bla bla is now known as the Amurite tribe.' I checked in world builder and the only remaining Amurite units I can see are two fort commanders. I killed everything else or it disappeared when I took the last city. I was also able to contact them and come to a peace arrangement. Complete kills wasn't checked.

I don't know if the intention was to have us hunt and destroy all the forts of our enemies or if it's a just bug. I hadn't seen this before, but since forts produce culture that seems to be the most likely cause.

Top Bottom