Classic 33: Results and Congratulations!

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
Domination victories again dominated the leaderboard, accounting for 8 out of the top 10 results this month.

Ronald pipped the competition with a win in 600 AD, slightly quicker than Drazek (630 AD) and Toyo (680 AD).

Medal Winners:

Ronald: Domination Victory in 600 AD: 10467 points.

Drazek: Domination Victory in 630 AD: 10198 points.

Toyo: Domination Victory in 680 AD: 10080 points.

Other award winners:

Kuningas: Diplomatic Victory in 940 AD: 9339 points.

SirPleb: Spaceship Victory in 1315 AD: 8935 points.

Samildanach: Conquest Victory in 1060 AD: 8825 points.

Shigella: Cultural 100k Victory in 1550 AD: 8287 points.

DJMGator13: Histographic Victory in 2050 AD: 7239 points.

EricRoush: Conquest victory in 1752 AD, 5549 points.

1neuro: Domination victory in 1800 AD, 4719 points.

Sandman2003: Diplomatic victory in 1830 AD, 3376 points.

bluebox: Diplomatic loss in 1525 AD, 1881 points.

Jandorie: Spaceship victory in 2032 AD, 1490 points.

qpdag: Conquest loss in 390 AD, 167 points.

Congratulations to all who took part - this was a tough game, but it was encouraging to see that 62 out of 81 people who submitted pulled-off victories, and of those that lost, most still made it through to the industrial age! :goodjob:

For some reason, I can't move in either direction out of the middle 5%. I was 92nd/185 in COTM1, 86th/167 in COTM2, and now 39th/81 in this last game. Added together, that is 217/433, and 217 is exactly halfway between 1 and 433. It doesn't get much more mediocre than that, though I think my poor performance on COTM3 may ruin my streak. I am not exactly sure why I noticed all that, but I always enjoy sharing trivial and uninteresting information.

Kuningas, you Dog you! Couldn't you have at least had the decency to post a spoiler so that I would not have gotten my hopes up?

J/K

Congratulations, great date. And congrats to the three over 10k players!

Aargh, I lost again. I was so glad to win the first time, but then Ronald posted his story. I have now 3 silvers and 2 bronze medals. I want to win for once! Next time I'm playing Open!

But congrats to Roland and Kuningas. Roland is just one great win away from the eptahtlon and Kuningas is short of two wins from the eptathlon. So I say, good play both of you, and your very close to a great win!

Wow, my first ever medal and my highest finish.

Do I win two medals for having the highest and the lowest Histo victory :lol:

Gongrats to all participators. Especially bradleyfeanor :goodjob: I'll post spoiler when I'm heading on same victory condition as you are.

My goal is the epthatlon, and my fear was, that I will never be able to get the domination win. It was so close this month. Great game Drazek. I am sure you will get your gold medal very soon.
I am so happy this month, now I have to play for a cow. I will try to get it as soon as possible.

It was good luck for me that Dynamic did not finish this game. I hope his car accident does not prevent him to play in the next gotms.

Great game Kuningas.

Ronald

Ronald said:
My goal is the epthatlon, and my fear was, that I will never be able to get the domination win.

I would love to win one as well, but I noticed after getting my first FFA in COTM1 that the awards for COTM and GOTM are separate. Will the eptathlon be the same, i.e. one for GOTM and one for COTM? Or, will it be for a combination of wins between both games?

I see I won the unprestigious longest playing time contest even though I had a conquest victory! There is an explanation to my success in this not so glorious department and it's called micromanagement. I often go so far as to check if a shield will be corrupted or not before I improve a tile - usually by swapping tiles in the town windows - and I have been known to do that in the ADs!

Congratulations to all OTHER winners, too.

Top Bottom