Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17 is out

If only they had addressed at least one of the 2,000 complaints about online play.

Did they fix the online load old save game bug? Some games if people quit I would save the game to continue at later time. I would then load that game up but the turn timer would not move. So, if they did not fix this issue online play is useless. I should be able to load any old online game and be able to continue and play. This bug was very lame. It made me stop playing online games.

To those who have the patch: please confirm what game version you see when going to advanced -> about this build from the main menu. Thanks!

If I download the new patch to play online games will all the mods I downloaded no longer work since I might download the new patch?

If I download the new patch to play online games will all the mods I downloaded no longer work since I might download the new patch?

No one can say for certain but there is a good chance some/all mods will break.

No one can say for certain but there is a good chance some/all mods will break.

Hmm I guess I can't take that chance. In my current game I'm playing as the roman. Isreal is surrounded by Suddam Hussein, Adolph Hitler and the Iranians.

To those who have the patch: please confirm what game version you see when going to advanced -> about this build from the main menu. Thanks!

I get the following:
Game version: 313
Save version: 301

For some reason, that game version is probably wrong, huh? :confused:

I get the following:
Game version: 313
Save version: 301

For some reason, that game version is probably wrong, huh? :confused:

Version 313 is definitely from, well, 3.13. I assume you downloaded the patch through the in-game updater?

Version 313 is definitely from, well, 3.13. I assume you downloaded the patch through the in-game updater?

Yeah, I went via "Check for Updates", it told me to quit the game, I did so, and then I went to my PATCH folder and installed.

edit: I do see the changes though, like the "No Espionage" option.

I also downloaded the patch from the in-game updater. However, I see

Civ Version: 317
Save Version: 301

Petek

Thanks guys.

Reading the changelog...

Besides disabling a key feature of BtS, the patch doesn't do much that Bhuiric didn't already fix better and faster and more thoroughly.

I'll stick with 3.13/Bhuiric until either a real patch comes out or Bhuiric releases an update for 3.17

...after all, this patch was done May 1st according to the notes and Bhuiric has had 3 releases since then with discussion still centering on the AI's proximity issues while declaring war.

Firaxis: Epic Fail.

Can somebody confirm if all Bhruic fixes have been included in 3.17? If not, what has been left out? Thanks.

Max

After installing the patch, several of my options and custom game options show the variable name instead of the descriptive name. Anyone else experiencing this?

Top Bottom