The SCENARIO LEAGUE information thread

Sorry, I didn't know there were that many Spambots waiting to pounce. I only disabled it this afternoon. How would I go about registering gokudo if he wants to join the SL Wiki?

Sorry, I didn't react quick enough. The thing is I was relying on thread subscription and notification mails but it seems my mail server blocked all the notifications, damn :cry: Still I'd very much like to help out on the wiki.

I have just e-mailed Nicheal saying he is free to upload Ancient Steel to the SL Wiki if he chooses to. I also said that I could open a thread for it here and if anyone wanted to discuss it with him I can pass on his e-mail address.

Could we possibly arrange it so that I can join the scenario league Wiki? It would seem that new users are still forbidden. (Also, the site doesn't have HTTPS, which creates a problem for sending passwords.) Much of the lua stuff I plan to do will make much more sense on the Wiki than in forum threads, partly for organizational purposes and partly so that others can take over if I disappear.

I've been through all of the option menus and can't find one to allow new yuser to sign up / find the page where this is blocked. If you would like to dircet message me your e-mail address and a temporary password I should be able to create a new account for you. You can then change your password if you feel the need.

Let´s hope this can trigger more interest in Civ 2 projects by other civers, who until now can only play Civ 6 and Civ 5. :)

Edit: It worked. Good luck JPetroski !

Last edited:
Moderation proposal. Curt Sibling (the current moderator) and I are proposing that we share moderator duties in the future. Historically, Scenario League has elected its own moderators. In practice this has usually meant finding people who will volunteer. We would like to invite a third person, hopefully who has not been around for 20 years, to become a third mod. If you'd like to volunteer, or to nominate someone, please do so. This proposal, as always, is subject to the agreement of the members of SL. Please let us know what you think (on this thread) by the end of Wednesday this week. Thanks.

That's fine by me. Probably best for a few folks to share the keys to keep things open for years to come.

I'll wear it with pride!

Congrats @techumseh !

Could we possibly arrange it so that I can join the scenario league Wiki? It would seem that new users are still forbidden. (Also, the site doesn't have HTTPS, which creates a problem for sending passwords.) Much of the lua stuff I plan to do will make much more sense on the Wiki than in forum threads, partly for organizational purposes and partly so that others can take over if I disappear.

I'll try and get that arranged now.

I've been through all of the option menus and can't find one to allow new yuser to sign up / find the page where this is blocked. If you would like to dircet message me your e-mail address and a temporary password I should be able to create a new account for you. You can then change your password if you feel the need.

@McMonkey I know you've been absent for a number of months now but hopefully when you return you'll consider giving me access to the wiki site too as it sounds like you're the last one left with access unless @Prof. Garfield succeeded in getting access. If you visit this thread here you'll see I've been trying to help out and posted a number of SLeague wiki broken links and their fixes not realizing (until yesterday when @CurtSibling told me) that all the other SLeague staff here don't have access to the wiki site and just look after these forums. I'd be happy to fix the wiki problems myself if I could get access, and maybe even help in adding new content as I've been finding and rescuing so much old stuff lately as part of my own scenario search and rescue project here. I'll PM you this message as well with those extra details you requested from Garfield.

-------------

On a separate matter (but still relating to Civ2 scenario preservation and organisation) has anyone here considered the separation of the main CFC Civilization 2 download section into a MGE (plus FW & earlier) section and a dedicated ToT section? I ask as the Civ2 section is a huuuuge jumbled mess of old and new scenarios for both MGE and ToT. Not everyone is clear in their titles and descriptions about which is which, so the casual visitor to this site probably gets quite lost in it all. I've also seen a number of members here get quite feisty about their love of one version over the other so it probably annoys them having to sift through the versions they don't want to find the ones they do lol. I'm the one that somehow convinced Thunderfall to make the new Call to Power 1 and Call to Power 2 download sections here (to preserve key files lost from Poly) a year or so ago as he was fine with my idea as long as they got used (downloads are into the hundreds now so I'd say that's a yes lol). So surely he'd be fine if a request was put through for this separation. The only problem is I'm guessing your forum moderator access is not enough and only someone with full site admin access has the ability to move downloads between different download sections and they're (understandably) not going to want to spend hours doing that haha so I guess that trashes that idea doesn't it lol!

Last edited:
Top Bottom