Question about hurrying production ability of the Great Engineer.

The Geek Cat

Chieftain
What if the production points that it generates exceed what is needed to finish my current Wonder?

Will the excess production points be carried over for the next constructions?

i dont think the hammer roll-over applies to GE rush builds. Otherwise you could get a wonder and a free research lab or something.

I believe you do get 1 turn hammer roll over from the cities 'natural' production, but not from a GE rush.

Has anyone tested this more precisely?

There is no overflow AFAIK. I found this to help you:

The amount of production of a great engineer on normal speed is calculated using the formula

300 + 30 * city population
So in a city with a population of 1 the engineer only results in 330 production, in a size 15 it results in 750 production.

For quick speed the formula is:

200 + 20 * city population
For epic speed it is:

450 + 45 * city population
and for marathon it is:

900 + 90 * city population
The amount of hammers does not seem to be influenced by era, map size or difficulty level.

Conclusion: If you want to hurry late game wonders, build it in a city with a large population.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/que...-production-bonus-of-a-great-engineer-in-civ5

I was wondering if there's some way you can exploit this by putting things in the queue like this:
1. whatever you want to build
2. a really cheap unit that persists throughout the game with 1 turn left to build

when the first thing on the queue is finished the hammer overflow goes to whatever you have behind it, but on that turn you add something into the front of the queue. does the overflow for that turn get transferred to what you just added or does it stay on whatever was 2nd on the queue?

Hammer overflow goes onto the next item when you click next turn. Any modifiers for the previous item gets added to the overflow probably to make the calculation simpler. Hammer overflow only persists for the next turn meaning it is not possible to stack hammer overflow.

Hammer overflow only persists for the next turn meaning it is not possible to stack hammer overflow.
Not sure about this. There have been a discussion some time ago about abusing the Piety opener (double production for shrines and temples) to prepare an overflow large enough to get a wonder in 1 turn by building then selling and rebuilding the shrine. Don't remember exactly how it was supposed to work but if it did, that would mean overflow does stack, at least in some situations.

The "overflow" when using a Great Engineer is your city's production per turn - 1 (because the Great Engineer will get it to exactly 1 short of finishing. That is assuming you have enough population to do so, of course, due to the whole 300 + 30 * pop thing.

Top Bottom