Mods select but can't be played

Worf2324

Chieftain
I have mods that are in the Mod folder, show up to be selected in the game (and are listed as selected at the setup screen), but don't show up as options in the scenario list. Old mods I made (including some I've deleted) show up as possible scenarios but not the new selected ones. Can the scenario list get full? How do I remove old mods from that to make room? Is there some other explanation?

Did you activate them?

I'm also not 100% positive but I would recommend having only one scenario active at any given time especially if they change the rules (i.e don't have 1066 Deluxe and Wonders of Ancient World Deluxe active at the same time)

What do you mean by "active"? I can only select one mod, but old mods I've used in the past still show up as possible scenarios. I can't find the file to delete them from the game (they are deleted from the mod file on my computer).

I'm trying to load as a scenario a mod I made with the SDK (WorldBuilder/Modbuddy). The list in the scenarios includes the standard continent configurations as well as the names of mods I've made and played in the past (I haven't downloaded any from Steam or elsewhere). I can select a new mod (and the game "configures") but it doesn't show up as a possible scenario. Just not there to play.

I'm trying to load as a scenario a mod I made with the SDK (WorldBuilder/Modbuddy). The list in the scenarios includes the standard continent configurations as well as the names of mods I've made and played in the past (I haven't downloaded any from Steam or elsewhere). I can select a new mod (and the game "configures") but it doesn't show up as a possible scenario. Just not there to play.

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to really be helpful here, but maybe you should try starting a thread in the Creation & Customization subforum. There are regular contributors there who know a lot more about troubleshooting mods and scenarios.

So the map (Worldbuilder output) has to be in the maps folder AND the mod (Modbuddy output) has to be in the maps folder?

maps needs to be in 'maps', mods need to be in MODS

Even though you can package a map into a mod the only reliable way I have ever found to be able to use the map is if it is moved (or copied) from the mod into the maps menu. Even with the mod enabled in the MODS menu, if the map is only contained within the mod, the map doesn't show in the list of map-types at the game set-up screens.

Top Bottom