Those who watch Civ5 youtube series

I would also recommend Marbozir's 'let's play' videos.
He talks a lot and edit his late game videos, because turn times are becoming unbearable.
His videos convinced me not to buy G+K and BNW at full price.

Marbozir also makes great Xcom videos if you're into that as well.

But he uploads everyday and explains everything he does. He's very under rated should have quite a lot more subs IMO

I watch civ primarily to learn from better players. i don't use mods. So I want a deity level player who is very good at the game, explains what they're doing, and doesn't use mods.

Marbozir ticks the first two boxes and I can tolerate the mods. As other has said, he's great and a good person to emulate IMO if you're starting out.

I've been flying through Marbozir's series and there great. For those out there who would rather play the game then watch lets play's. Its understandable why. However I don't have cable tv nor do I think I would even really care to watch it.

Putting on a good LP series of one of my favorite strategy games can be super entertaining! Especially if I'm watching it on a hard difficulty like Civ 5 deity. I usually will put up a series to watch on my second monitor whiles I do things like browse forums, edit my own videos, or if I'm just eating dinner. It's nice to have some background to listen to.

I make some (see signature).
You'll probably find some good tips to up your game but my videos probably are more for tips and demonstration than entertainment. Some more professional let's player are better suited for that.

I'm pretty sure I play among the fastest too. A game rarely goes beyond 6-7 hours while many let's players sometimes reach the 20hours mark.

I'm pretty sure I play among the fastest too. A game rarely goes beyond 6-7 hours

Good! That's 1 great condition to start multiplayer :D

Combined with your knowledge you could be a real beast :ar15:

I prefer more domination focused lp's.

If you haven't already, check out Mel Uncensored.

I don't watch Civ LPs too much since games can take so long. However, I really enjoy Marbozir. To date, there has only been one LP I've watched all the way through and it was Acken's Byzantine culture victory. He had a monster start and pulled it off in record time. But I learned so much from that. It was what convinced me to stop trying to force Liberty into every map and try playing Tradition again (still fairly new).

Top Bottom