Scout Bazookas

cinnamoniation

Chieftain
It is well known how useful archers can be early game, especially with the "ignore terrain" ability. Lucky scouts who are destined for greatness may found advanced weapons in ancient ruins and become marksmen who can literally slide through even the thickest jungle. So two of these scout-bazookas survived till information era. I coudn't get them to "logistics" or "range +1" but if they would, that would make the best range land unit in the game. Combined with Persia's awesome UA they would come in, bombard and get out with 85 combat strength.

So what kind of unique unit did you get in your civ career? With dozens of UUs and UAs, possibilites are endless.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Aside from Satrap's courts, which is one of the best UBs imo, 40 wonders help a lot, especially the Forbidden Palace. Annnd, Pagodas ...

Even with ideology how can you possibly keep that many cities happy?

Even at Deity, Autocracy 2nd level tenet Police State (+3 Happy from double speed courthouses) means your empire gets happier the bigger gets!

So what kind of unique unit did you get in your civ career? With dozens of UUs and UAs, possibilities are endless.

It is not rare for me to end the game with a scarcher that is maxed out. Huns and Arabia can go even further since one can get the terrain promotions twice, but I have not gotten more than six.

I often will have one of my first two scouts finish the game as a ranged double shot bazooka with perma-heal. I have yet to get one with extra sight however. That would be the best. Usually the scouts that earn extra sight don't last very long however.

It is not rare for me to end the game with a scarcher that is maxed out. Huns and Arabia can go even further since one can get the terrain promotions twice, but I have not gotten more than six.

Note that ranged terrain promotions don't apply to melee attacks, and melee terrain promotions only apply to melee strength, ie. for melee combat or when defending against ranged combat with a unit who has more melee strength than ranged strength. The extra icons will look nice, but there's nothing else they will do.

As England one game, I had 3 scout/archers upgraded to Longbows; using raging barbs, and the 2 'Barbie+' mods (B. Unlimited XP, B. Increased Spawn), and had all 3 at March and Logistics !!

Played on Prince, the game didn't last to Gatling Guns .

One time I managed to get a scout up to scouting 3. It then found a ruin and got upgraded to an archer.

Suffice to say I kept it alive and get it as many promotions as I could. 3 move, 4 sight, ignore terrain, logistics, march, range, bazooka. It was awesome.

Even at Deity, Autocracy 2nd level tenet Police State (+3 Happy from double speed courthouses) means your empire gets happier the bigger gets!

You still need enough city-level happiness to offset population growth. However, in addition to the courthouses, autocracy has +2 each from the barracks line as a tier 2 tenet.

If you have the commerce finisher too, you're bleeding happy from the seams. I've had huge ideology penalties (30+) and still been at 20+ happiness on standard maps.

If we're throwing pagodas in this mix too, it might be a LITTLE bit overkill ^_^.

However, in addition to the courthouses, autocracy has +2 each from the barracks line as a tier 2 tenet. If you have the commerce finisher too, you're bleeding happy from the seams.

This makes a good point too about the synergy of HAC. Honor gives half-price barracks and annexing-by-default makes even more sense since puppet won't build barracks. Also add in the half-price +2 happy from monuments (tier 1 autocracy tenet).

One time I managed to get a scout up to scouting 3. It then found a ruin and got upgraded to an archer.

Suffice to say I kept it alive and get it as many promotions as I could. 3 move, 4 sight, ignore terrain, logistics, march, range, bazooka. It was awesome.

Wonder if a Scouting 3 upgraded to Chu-Ko-Nu that took Logistics would be able to get three shots. :eek:

Also does Survivalism 3 stack with March or would it be a wasted March promotion after upgrading?

Chu-Ko-Nu cannot get a third shot. It's a shot per turn and there is no extra turn upgrade, logistics is really a move after shot or shoot again. So for Chu-Ko-Nu don't waste your upgrade on logistics.

Super scout chu-ko-nu with 3 range 3 moves and 3 attaccks that became bazooka with just 2 range unfortunately:)

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570I con Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure I've had a Scarcher with everything possible once. It was a scout that farmed XP from a CS whipping boy... then after serving as a spotter and city seizer( love that three move that ignores terrain) for a range logistics kill team, they found a ruin in the age of sail and became the ultimate special forces unit.

Chu-Ko-Nu cannot get a third shot. It's a shot per turn and there is no extra turn upgrade, logistics is really a move after shot or shoot again. So for Chu-Ko-Nu don't waste your upgrade on logistics.
It is possible (playing as China) with Scouting 3 and Logistics. Obviously unlikely to happen though.

It is possible (playing as China) with Scouting 3 and Logistics. Obviously unlikely to happen though.

I would think you would have to cheat somehow. First I cannot find any decent documentation on Mobility for land units as to what the requirements are, but clearly it has to be after many other promotions. How do you do all that AND then run over a random ruin and get promoted to an archer???

Top Bottom