[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

My buddy and I play Thomas War V.2.1 multi with no issues. We want to play the new Thomas War multi player but for some reason we cannot see each others game in the lobby. I went as far as reloading my files to match what he loaded exactly. I am running Vista as opposed to his Windows XP and wonder if this is causing the error. Anyone else having this multi player issue?:confused:

It says in the first post that Vista and Civ Complete can cause problems. What should I do to make sure that this mod works, when I have both?

hi... so how's it going to be compatible with the 3.19 patch?

The mod should be compatible with 3.19.

It says in the first post that Vista and Civ Complete can cause problems. What should I do to make sure that this mod works, when I have both?

Do you have problems?

hey i know this is really noobish but i've never downloaded a mod and i can't figure out what to do exactly. i have the file saved to my desktop right now but how do i unzip it into my mods file? i have vista so maybe that's why the directions wouldn't be exactly the same for me.thanks for any help guys!

You don't need to unzip it directly in your mods directory, you can unzip it on your desktop, and then copy it into the mods directory.
The normal directory unter Vista should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4\Beyond The Sword\Mods.

hmm...it's not like a compressed file though, it only has the option to open it not unzip...i guess i did something wrong when i downloaded it? if i have to download it again could someone give me a walkthrough? thanks so much, i have to play this mod it's like a whole new expansion pack!

hmm...it's not like a compressed file though, it only has the option to open it not unzip...i guess i did something wrong when i downloaded it? if i have to download it again could someone give me a walkthrough? thanks so much, i have to play this mod it's like a whole new expansion pack!
You have to download 7zip (or some other program, but 7zip is the best).

By the way, I'm afraid to download this huge mod and then find out it doesn't work (Civ Complete and Vista).
Can a braver soul than I try it out?

It does not work with those two. I have them, and it won't even show up.

You mean vista and complete together or one or the other? I have vista but i have civ gold and bts by itself. ok i'm gonna try downloading the thing to unzip it and see what happens.

Thomas' War shows up in the load a mod list on the game but when I load it nothing happens, it just goes back to regular bts...the unload mod option is even there. I really wanna play this : (

It does not work with those two. I have them, and it won't even show up.

Where does it not show up?

So, anyone got a link or something to find out what kind of mod this is?

It's an BtS expansion, meaning more units, more civs, more leaderheads, more wonder, etc, including the modern era from the NextWar mod.

Thomas' War shows up in the load a mod list on the game but when I load it nothing happens, it just goes back to regular bts...the unload mod option is even there. I really wanna play this : (

Please look at your thomas' war folder.
Is there another thomas' war folder in it?
If yes: Copy all the things from the second folder in the first folder.

No, i have the thomas' war folder in the mods folder and it has a config settings file and a bak file in it.

It's 372mb. I got varietas delectat to work doing what I tried with this mod...
I have this for Thomas' War... BTS-Mods-Thomas'_War_3.5a-then the 7z file,config settings, and bak file.

Top Bottom