[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

I don't think either qualify as a (world) religion.

BTW, Thomas' War 2.8 Huge Earth 18 civs is now at 400 downloads.;)

Has the "Waiting for other Civilizations" bug been fixed yet? I got tired of waiting for 30 minutes or more for the computer to finish its turn. Why is it when the game starts getting interesting these bugs show up? Thanks.

Scott

excellent mod. just a few questions. im lucky i figured out how to install this mod. you need some kind of install instructions. it crashes alot if you have high detail terain checked but sence ive unchecked it, it hasnt crashed. do you put this in the mydocuments\mods or the programfile\mods? im assuming sence it works in the documents thats where it should go.

Okay, the new version is coming along. Here's a tentative list of the new Civs to be included in version 3.0. I tried to select both popular and obscure ones, fill in various geographic gaps, and civs that reflect different time periods (Colonization also had a say in which civs were added):

Akkad
Austria
Canada
Gran Colombia (I wanted to do Gran Colombia not Colombia or Venezuela)
Kingdom of Kongo (Congo circa 1400-1900)
Libu Nomads (aka Ancient Libya)
Nouvelle France
Poland
Tupi Tribes
Vietnam

this adds to the Huns and Songhai that I added in 2.85

Sorry, if your civ didn't make it in. I tried to include and interesting mix and there's always future versions. Besides you can always add modules from Civ Gold etc. I'm actually pretty happy as I managed to give them all relatively unique building and unit abilities without copying from civs I already had.

Can't really give a release estimate yet. Still busy with life but working on the mod.

Might I suggest using the Spanish leaderhead in Colonization as Charles V of either Germany or the Holy Roman Empire?

Indeed great mod, great work. I can't wait for the last edition. BTW what country are you moving to? I studied in Spain for a year and it was awesome.

Might I suggest using the Spanish leaderhead in Colonization as Charles V of either Germany or the Holy Roman Empire?

I think Simon Bolivar from Colonization would work well as Phillip II of Spain. BTW; why DO they have Simon Bolivar dressed like that in Colonization anyway?

Okay, the new version is coming along. Here's a tentative list of the new Civs to be included in version 3.0. I tried to select both popular and obscure ones, fill in various geographic gaps, and civs that reflect different time periods (Colonization also had a say in which civs were added):

Akkad
Austria
Canada
Gran Colombia (I wanted to do Gran Colombia not Colombia or Venezuela)
Kingdom of Kongo (Congo circa 1400-1900)
Libu Nomads (aka Ancient Libya)
Nouvelle France
Poland
Tupi Tribes
Vietnam

Great! Libu - I came across them when doing 1250 BC for BtS, but didn't know quite what to do with them...

Nouvelle France I don't get: it was a colony of France. Otherwise some more nice additions.;)

On another note: I'm playing a long testgame of 1066 AD for Thomas' War 2.85 and noticed the Mercs show up as Red Blobs. Just wondering if it's just my comp (using low graphics setting) or if anyone else has noticed the same thing?:confused:

So I got a pm this morning basically saying how stupid my civ selection for the next version is. Normally, I’d just ignore people like that but, well, here’s my completely unnecessary justification for my selection:

Canada, Austria, Poland: Popular request, simple as that. Many people messaged me in the past asking to add one of those in a future version.

Tupi: I wanted to add more native representation, I wanted to add more South American representation, I’m from Brazil myself, Colonization provided convenient art, leaderhead, sound, and XML files.

Akkad: I noticed many other mods just lumped them in with Sumer which you really shouldn’t do. I often check what civs are included or not included in other mods. Additionally, Akkad was significant as the Akkadian language became the lingua franca for trade in the ancient Fertile Crescent.

Vietnam: More Asian representation, additionally in Thomas War 2.1 I had Cham and Mali as really Cham/Vietnam Mali/Songhai. In 2.85 I split up the Mali and Songhai and redid the Cham units and building but in the process didn’t have time to include Vietnam. Basically, it was supposed to be in an earlier version.

Libu: I use Libu as a general term for the Berber nomadic ancient Libya. Not only were they allies of and/or part of the Sea Peoples invasion of Egypt, they have a long standing significant military history with Egypt (see the Merneptah Stele / Israel Stele). I didn’t name it Libya or Maghreb as they are culturally distinct being Northern Africa pre Greek and Phoenician colonization.

Kongo: I wanted to add more representation to mid Africa. The unit, building, leader I had in mind all fit with the Kingdom of Kongo as opposed to Congo in general. Additionally, although not in Colonization, the Kingdom of Kongo was significant to Portuguese colonization, the later slave trade, and Colonization left me in a mood for that era.

Gran Colombia: I wanted to add Gran Colombia mainly because a lot of other mods already had Venezuela and Colombia civs. Additionally, Civ Gold which has a Bolivarian civ really had a unit and then a Colombian (or Chilean I forget) that has nothing to do with Gran Colombia – which was a very short lived specific yet significant ‘empire.’ So I wanted to add an actual Gran Colombia with a specific Gran Colombian building and unit.

Nouvelle France: Why Nouvelle France and Canada? Well Colonization had 2 New French leaders that really wouldn’t work anywhere else. I couldn’t add them to France (as my France already has 4 leaders and I don’t want to have more than 4 leaders per civ) and I know several Canadians that would kill me if I added them to Canada. Since I wanted to use all the Colonization leaderheads and Colonization provided easy asset and XML files, it got in.

Geographically, that’s 2 from North America, 2 from South America, 2 from Africa, 2 from Europe, 1 from Asia, 1 from the Middle East.

Chronologically, that’s 4 states that still exits in modern times, 3 colonial era civs, 2 ancient civs, and 1 native civ.

I thought it was a pretty diverse and interesting mix.

Keep in mind, I’m adding a total of around 30 leaders so a lot of the old civs are getting new leaders as well.

Has the "Waiting for other Civilizations" bug been fixed yet? I got tired of waiting for 30 minutes or more for the computer to finish its turn. Why is it when the game starts getting interesting these bugs show up? Thanks.

Scott

Don't think that's a bug (if it is, it's buggin' more mods than one). You might want to turn off "Show friendly moves" to speed things up a bit.

Mercs as in the Foreign Mercenaries? They show up fine on my computer, however I know several people say that some of the units don't appear 100% on less than medium graphics due to how the unit creator made those graphics. I'll see if there's a display problem for that unit on low and maybe change the graphic (as I don't want any red blobs)

I've played games to the end of the tech tree with no 30 minutes between turns. Definitely turn off show enemy/friendly moves. That slows down even standard BTS games. Quick Combat is another option to speed up games.

Since I call the Unit Cost and Building Cost Python defines (which are by default turned off) Thomas War does play slightly slower, but not anything you should/would notice playing turn to turn

Thought I had posted this earlier:

I still need to make a new Brazilian flagdecal and button, but besides that (I like using dual color single symbol buttons and flags more than using the 'actual' flags that people have made. keeps more of a civ 4 feel to me).

Ignore, the trait bonuses. I haven't programed them in yet.

Look working Unit Civlopedia!

Looks great! I especially applaud the idea of using the Colonization Dutch leader (clean-shaven) as Medici. However, I would also like to point you toward the revamped Dutch leaderheads Colonization mod by lionheart. I know that you removed the collar and the facial hair from the modified Willem, but he also changed the facial hair and color scheme. You may be perfectly pleased with your current version, but I figured that you might like to see his take as well.

Thank you again for all of your hard work. I look forward to your mod with great anticipation.

Thanks for the help guys. I did some research in the BTS bug thread and I am looking at doing some small upgrades to my computer in the near future. Again thanks, I can hardly wait to start playing this mod again.

Scott

this a suggestion, but could you put in revolutiondcm

Some more previews of what's going to be in the next version.

Since the civlopedia is completely fixed, I'm going to also include a Thomas' War Concept section so people can better locate the stuff added to the mod.

It's not done yet, of course. Those are just the few entries I've programmed in at the moment.

It'll have convenient links and lists, etc.

Here are the new traits. I finished programing all the python and they work:

Barbaric isn't anything new, that's been in the past two versions.

Keep in mind anything I post here can change if say playing I see balance issues, feedback, or the code doesn't work.

For example, I know I said New France would be a civ but some python code I was using for their building ended up interfering with some important new code I had written. Sooo, New France is out (I know, most of you didn't want them in anyway. Also, no complaining if one of their leaders ends up with Canada). Sweden is going to be in and probably another civ. I don't know yet.

Here's the Libu Uniques:

He should really be wearing less clothing. Libu warriors usually only had body paint, a feather in their head, and a blue penis sheath.

Maybe the building is too strong? It was interesting to code.

Top Bottom