[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

I thought about making a Revolutions version... I might release one seperatly though don't expect this anytime soon as it's more work than it seams and I'd still have to finish Thomas' War 3.0.

Why seperatly, well I'm keeping Thomas War without a unique dll (since DLL is the easiest place to create new OOS errors, a . .. .. .. .. . to correct, and makes things difficult when a patch comes along. As it stands, although made for 3.17 Thomas' War does work with some earlier versions).

Oh yeah, end of the month to beginning of next month for Thomas War 3.0

~Vrenir

Thanks Vrenir, I hadn't really looked in detail at what he'd done. We changed the face differently. I'll probably be taking his color scheme for the clothes, but keep the darker hair and face I have on my version

Not sure if its just me, but I was just enjoying a single player of your mod when playing as the Papal States, I had the dreaded CTD after completing the Petra Wonder. Thinking maybe it may have been caused by the movie itself ... (amazing movie at that !!! - your good man !)... I restarted the game by going back to an earlier save, then disabling the movie playing option. But to my sadness, the same CTD ocurred.

I guess I can't wait to try this mod upon its fresh new anticipated release hopefully arriving sooner than later.

Take care all.

It's very possible there could be a bug there, as I doubt I've found them all. I'll look into it. Can you tell me the era you were in when you built it, as it might be a graphics problem with my cityL XML file and that changes depending on your current era.

Off the top of my head clearing your XML cache or temporarily setting a lower graphics could possibly fix this.

You're welcome. Here are some further suggestions for Colonization leaderheads, if you are interested:

Vanderdonck - with a new hat (possibly from Stuyvesant or Willem) could make a decent Richelieu of France

Stuyvesant - with little to no change (maybe lose the sash) could be a decent non-mitred Pope.

Frontenac - get rid of the hat and he'd make a great Cromwell of the English.

English King - I've heard that he's probably closest to Charles II of England.

Once again:

Spanish King - with no change at all would make an excellent Charles V of either Germany or the Holy Roman Empire.

Dutch King - I love him as an older Medici with the rich clothes and jewels.

Great mod! I've just been trying it out tonight and its beautiful! :D :D :D

(I especially like that its multiplayer compatible; can't wait to tell my friends about this one!)

Regarding the Petra CTD - I built Petra just to see what would happen. It did just fine. No problems. However, I do not play with maximum graphics (I've toned my graphics down to about medium). Don't know if this helps, but I thought I would pass on a little "testing."

Anyway, if you do create a Rev version, could you make it so that multiplayer mode can still be played (perhaps checking a box or unchecking a box); I've heard Rev and DCM are not multiplayer friendly, but would like the options if I'm playing alone (and be able to switch them off quickly for playing with friends). I don't know if the coding would allow that, but I'll toss out that request just in case. ;)

Wow, wow... I almost missed this one because there're other titans already like Rise of Mankind and HiTM. And their number grows. At first I've read through your mod and thought "just another add-this and add-that mod". Today I decided to read more carefully and it looks like you've done some very interesting changes and python mechanics. I will definitely try to play your mod today.
The only thing I miss so far are revolutions because I mostly play in single player and they add a lot of fun to usual gaming routine. I will post my feedback once I finish my 1st game. Thank you again for this :strength:.

It's very possible there could be a bug there, as I doubt I've found them all. I'll look into it. Can you tell me the era you were in when you built it, as it might be a graphics problem with my cityL XML file and that changes depending on your current era.

Off the top of my head clearing your XML cache or temporarily setting a lower graphics could possibly fix this.

Thank you so much for your attention to this one.

In response to your query: I was in the classical era, building it in a city next to a volcano and two plots of mountains.

I experienced the same CTD after re-playing the game under all three graphic quality levels. Which era would you guess should produce the best results. Cause I kept putting off the building of this beautiful National Wonder in order to deal with the enormous barbarian invasions I had in the game I was playing.

I absolutely love the scenery in your mod: the volcanoes, the marshes. The farms stand out.

Anyways, I'm gonna log out here and go back to the mod and finish my game (not building the Petra Wonder- in order to do this).

Thanks for your help.

Uh, I can't play this mod now because it doesn't show me interface. This is a common problem when there're some references in python which point to default install path and not relative install path (I have my game installed not in the default folder).

Also Civilopedia is not avaliable from the main menu.

Okay here's a more accurate civ list for the next version:

Sorry, yes, Arian made the new wonder movies so please credit him and his great movies. (Was too concerned with trying to fix the problem and forgot to credit you). He's been a fantastic help in fleshing out this and my wonder mods.

Regards to multiplayer. There are still a few OOS that pop up from time to time, though I've played a few full games so it shouldn't be too common and rejoining once a game should fix this. If you can tell me the situation (or if for some reason you play with the debug thing on) I'll be able to iron out all the problems quicker. If I release a revolution version It would be separate as there is no way to really make that multilayer compatible (well there is, sort of but it's not really the revolution experience that people would want) and would keep both the main download and the rev download available.

In general I would recommend Medium to High graphics as many custom units and buttons have display problems (do to how they were made by the various authors) at low, nothing serious and there's ways to fix the small buttons, etc.

~Deon

I'm sorry it wasn't working. Two questions :are you playing under English, as if not that currently causes the missing interface, and are you using Civ Complete? As for the non default path install interface problem? Do you know a thread that points out a solution to this so I can incorporate it. As you can see I always consider this a work in progress and work to iron out bugs. I'm going to try to search for a solution and also go through my python as I don't think I call anything outside of the standard assets/art/ etc file tree that the game should have wherever it was installed.

Yeah, I'm sure this mod does get buried under the big mods. I made it mainly because in other big mods I saw lots of repeat things. Say they had a bunch of new wonders but later wonders just ended up having the same bonus as previous ones. So I try with python to give my new wonders new abilites, make sure all new civs I add have unique bonuses, next version has some new python based traits. Currently, there's the lawyer, andromeda strain, great doctor and statesman that have some cool python based abilites. Next version the civlopedia is fixed so it should be easier to actually see what everything i've added does.

~civ fanatic2000

Another question, during that game did you fool around in the civlopedia. i know i say only the unit section is bugged but in 2.85 there were some lingering bugs in other sections that could cause CTD. Thankfully, I've finally ironed out all the civlopedia bugs in the next version and its fully workable. A CTD right after building Petra is wierd. That national wonder doesn't use any python nor does it call for any special xml - it's actually, file wise, a relatively simple wonder. i'm going to try today building it as the papal states in every era to see if something comes up. Since, even if it's a missing art file it should still show up as a red blob rather than CTD. Missing movie files and sounds usually CTD

~Vrenir

thanks for the suggestions. i'm going to try to make use of all the new colonization leaderheads in some capacity in the next version. unfortunately, my leaderhead modding skills are very subpar and some of the suggestions (like giving someone someone else's hat) i'm not able to do yet. i might resort to placing them as is at the moment, to correct the graphics in a future version but i'll be sure to keep those great suggestions in mind for future versions. I don't like to have more than 4 leaders per civ though

~Everyone

The next version is coming out relatively soon and a lot of bugs are fixed it in. I've been posting previews. If it's not working 100% at the moment hopefully it will for some of you with the next version.

Nice civ survey; looking good!;)

Regards to multiplayer. There are still a few OOS that pop up from time to time, though I've played a few full games so it shouldn't be too common and rejoining once a game should fix this.

As for OOS: I've noticed with MOO2Civ that having both ends use the exact same name of mod all but eliminates any OOS errors. Maybe that helps.;)

This is just a post in reply to some of the older posts about the religions I added (sorry, for the delay, now that i have some free time at the moment I've finally catching up on all the civ stuff that got back logged)

as with religion, i don't mean to offend anyone and my choices were not meant to imply that any one religion is better than another.

With the exception of hellenism, tengriism, and caananism i based my choices in what was in not another religion mod (since i could borrow some of the assets). i added tengriism because at the time i was adding the huns and thought a more shamanistic religion would be cool. i was going to add a native american religion but couldn't find enough good graphics. i was deciding between caananism (which probably shouldn't be called that though some people do use the term to refer to a cult surrounding Anat who is in the pantheon my caananism represents) and some mesopotamian / babylonian religion, but knew more about caananism so added that. Additionally, there were a few mods that had Mesopotamian but none that had Caananism which was very significant in the eventual development of Judaism (especially at the ancient city of Ugarit)

In truth, if i was going to add something like wicca i would add hermeticism or a variation on the order of the golden dawn first simply as that was culturally more important to current new age mysticism and religious theory than wicca at the moment is. i had the idea to add something like scientology jokingly as a corporation but figured that would offend people. no offense, but i feel scientology is too new and as of yet not that important in regards to the world's religions.

aslo, due to the size of the res file there is only a limited amount of religons and corporations (they take up the same section) one can add to the game without changing the dll.

i hope my choices didn't offend anyone.

thanks arian that's very helpful.

it's weird because some of those python functions i never even touched. i'm going to try to squash as many of those as i can. I might actually remove the custom event manager entirely as I don't really use it for anything that you could actually play and it seems to cause the most errors.

~Deon

I'm looking but first, what language are you playing with and are you using civ complete?

I have english original Civ4 + Warlords + BTS expansions.
I've encountered these kind of bugs before and they were related to the mod getting/having wrong install path.
How do you get install paths for BUG and maybe other components?

It might be something with my CvPath python file.

Few more questions, do you try Thomas War by itself or do you have other components running with BTS (if so which).

You said you've had this problem with other big mods, such as RoM or HiTM. Do they work for you now (If so I can ask the mod makers how they fixed it if I end up getting stumped)

Top Bottom