Who is your favorite civilization in Civ5?

Favorite Civilization in Civ5 (Limit 3 votes)

• Total voters
I already made my three votes.

Can't believe Incans are getting so little love.

They are so much fun and so strong in really any situation.

Their start bias allows them to do well on really any map type, though obviously Highlands probably would be best.

Free railrouds :goodjob:

Just paying 1 gold per turn for railrouds that is just amazing

The Persians work great for the way I like to play.

Peace lover I see.

You've never played Siam, have you? The highest-strength medieval UU in the game and a playstyle that guarantees you'll end up at war with everyone who either likes or wants to bully CSes (which will be most of your rivals) does not make for the most peaceful playstyle in the game...

EDIT: And just to prove the point, I was in a war by turn 50 in my game today - partly because Suleiman decided to bully Singapore and was unhappy I didn't look the other way. I've been in almost constant war ever since - I decided Nebuchadnezzar would make my best friend (and a strategic ally since he was closer to Ottoman territory than I was), but all he's done is pull me into two wars with Egypt and one with Polynesia (the latter worked out well since Tonga had just been founded close to where I wanted a city, so I needed to raze it anyway), and when he did go to war with the Ottomans he sued for peace after Sully razed Akkad. Suleiman's persisted in throwing his weight around (and being Suleiman, that's a fair amount of weight) and giving me various entertaining messages about bullying my city-states and challenging me to do anything about it, which led to a further war with him. I may need my elephants in a few turns time...

Morale of the story: if you want to play peacefully, let other people have the city-states...

My own favourites are Siam, Korea, Songhai and the Maya - not sure which of them I'd ultimately pick as "the favourite", but for now I'll say Siam.

Denmark, Denmark, and Denmark only. IMO there UA completely outshines England, and they do have beserkers and Ski infantrys.

Japan - Bushido is OP imo. Samurais wreck havoc for a very long time and with 4 you can take cities easily.
Babylon - Early game defensive boost + scientific boosts gives for a well played defensive science victory which of course can translate pretty much into any victory lategame if you keep your scientific lead.
Arabia - No specific reason, just love their double oil and trade route bonuses. Makes building up your reservoir of cash quite easy.

Since I always suck up to CS Siam is probably my fav civ. I need to play it in G&K though to see how Narusean Elephant fare in the updated battle mechanic.

Best warmonger is probably Genghis Khan for me.

I have only played as Iroquois so far. (more than once)
It is what I voted for.

Korea and Babylon - I play them similarly but Korea for offense and Babylon for defense; I'm kinda slow at GP pumping so I'm not too good at Babs, but still scientific progress allows me to take over enemies easily
China - awesome UB and UU
Japan - the UA is very handy for warmongering

America - all around fun, general playstyle. On paper, their bonuses don't seem much, but the extra sight is very useful early on, and I love Minute-men.

Aztecs - if I want to get my war on, these guys let me conquer while getting culture quickly. Throw on raging barbarians, take the honor tree, and slaughter your way through the barbarian hordes for oodles of free culture.

Egypt - Wonder building, puppet-state making. Whee!

+1 to Iroquois
Favorite civ

Top Bottom