Unit Commands and City Production Screen do not appear in Vanilla Civ V

Kaminko

Chieftain
Hello,

This is my first time posting here, and I couldn't find any sticky about conventions, so I hope I don't break any rules.

When I start a new game of Civ V, or load in a save that predates the problem, I cannot see any unit commands. This is not the main problem, as they can still be manipulated through hotkeys. After founding a new city, I cannot access the city screen through the normal clicking on city or clicking on choose production. I was able to pull up the city screen by pressing home to open up the capital, but I could not interact with either the purchase or choose production buttons (citizen management and purchase tiles were still clickable).

This is occurring in both vanilla and modded Civ V. The last set of mods I was using before this problem began (it initially began in Vanilla) was Gedemons; revolutions, custom advanced set up screen, cultural diffusion, and historical spawn dates, and I believe DonQuiche's In game editor.

I disabled all of those mods, and then eventually completely removed the mods folder(which had copious other mods which I can post if needed) and moduser data from civ v before verifying the game cache. When the problem was still not fixed, I tried manually reinstalling the game. I have also of course done all sorts of graphics fiddling with no results. My final resort was a clean uninstall, deleting local content and then wiping the leftover game folders, before reinstalling the game from scratch. Still nothing.

I can't find anything like this online, and I don't really know where to begin in terms of fixing this. Does anyone recognize this problem or know where I should look to fix this? Thanks!

In case anyone else encounters this problem, I think it was something weird with the april 12th build of windows 10. I fixed it by rolling back to the march build. My computer was developing similar symptoms like the windows home bar going missing until reboot whenever I launched civ.

Top Bottom