Official System Requirements

I think I should be ok, I have 4gb of Ram but a 256mb video card and only a 2.36 duo core

If anyone thinks this won't be ok please let me know:confused:

Just compare it to the mentioned ones.

Could someone please help me , Im not very clued up on graphics cards..

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card will this work ?

It's newer than the mentioned 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT.

integrated intel graphics media accelerator 4500mhd

This one is crap, will probably not work. Try the demo, when it is released.

Thanks Greg for info. Now I gota pray the demo works. -sighs-....i thought you said that this was scalable for systems that are like 5 years old? Mine is brand new. The system fits all requirements but not the graphics.

Does that mean my Intel Pent 4, running 3.0ghz, won't be tough enough? It's only single core, but it's top of the line for its generation. Otherwise I think I'm ok, but if I have to upgrade the chip, I'll need a mobo to go with it, new memory, etc. Just how firm is that dual core or better recommendation?

Oh, what exactly does "scalable" mean?

Thanks!

Thank you, I am only hitting the minimum which is depressing, though I won't be buying a new PC as I can still play it well i'd recon.
Though I come up well in graphics, I have 2 GB of 9500 Nividia. The recommended is a paltry 512 MB 9800, so I may be okay :D. 2Gig of Ram and a dual 3 gig herz proccessor should do the job for the other aspects.

Does that mean my Intel Pent 4, running 3.0ghz, won't be tough enough? It's only single core, but it's top of the line for its generation. Otherwise I think I'm ok, but if I have to upgrade the chip, I'll need a mobo to go with it, new memory, etc. Just how firm is that dual core or better recommendation?

Oh, what exactly does "scalable" mean?

Thanks!

I have a 64-bit AMD rated at 3.0G that won't work either.

I'd need to buy a new machine to play a game that I'm already worried about, which means Civ5 is a no-go.

I have a Toshiba Satellie A505-S6960 dual core. I'm not sure about the graphics card, so I was wondering if anybody knew how well my machine could handle it. I have a feeling I'll be lucky to meet min specs:(

Well, that's me gone. Wont be able to afford a new pute for at least 12 months. Sigh.

Could someone please help me , Im not very clued up on graphics cards..

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card will this work ?

That graphics card is above the minimum, but below the recommended so it should work fine on low settings. :goodjob:

Also these specs do seem higher than I expected for the way they were saying you could play it on your laptop on an airplane or something, must mean the strategic view and a relatively new laptop. :lol:

and will these specs be put in http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri anytime soon?

(really? i dont see how this was "scalable to all systems made in the past five years")

I agree. My 2008 2.4 Ghz Dual Core MacBook Pro, with 4GB of RAM and a Geforce 8600M GT, barely surpasses the minimum specifications. With all the gameplay changes, too, I'm waiting for the demo now. And even then, Civilization V will be a questionable purchase.

I agree. My 2008 2.4 Ghz Dual Core MacBook Pro, with 4GB of RAM and a Geforce 8600M GT, barely surpasses the minimum specifications. With all the gameplay changes, too, I'm waiting for the demo now. And even then, Civilization V will be a questionable purchase.

Yeah well I was dumb and actually believed that they told the truth about scalability and pre-ordered it. Im gona wait for the demo and see if it will work, eventhough my cpu can run Civ 4 perfectly on high graphics Im still told it shouldnt. Well, by canyourunit.com

This agrivates me to no end!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Same here. I can run BtS and Spore beautifully; BtS only lags when there's a buttload of units on the map. Canyourunit tells me my graphics card fails, though it meets all of the individual stuff for the card recs.

I can't play, say Ghostbusters or something like that on this all that well though. Choppy as :):):):), but I really don't see why my almost one-year-old computer shouldn't run this:-\

-sighs-....i thought you said that this was scalable for systems that are like 5 years old? Mine is brand new. The system fits all requirements but not the graphics.
(really? i dont see how this was "scalable to all systems made in the past five years")
This agrivates me to no end!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Well if your 'brand new' system doesn't meet the graphics card requirement you must've bought an office system, not anything marketed as a gaming rig. I don't think it's a very weird assumption for game developers to expect gamers to have gaming computers. True, 5 years might be a bit of a stretch, but the requirement really isn't much higher than 3 year old middle of the road gaming hardware.

Don't get angry at a games company because your equipment isn't as terrific as it could be. Hardly their fault.

I'll have to buy a new system too, but I was planning to so anyway.

When they repeatedly say that they are doing extensive testss on commuter laptops and that it should run on most of them I think I have liscense to be mad.

Dont tell me what I should and shouldnt do when I was told something different than what happened.

It doesn't really matter how old a pc is, it's all about the guts inside. A lot of times "new" laptops and pcs are built using outdated hardware. Or they weren't built with gaming in mind. Also when they say 5 year old pcs they may mean mid-high range 5 year old hardware. Plus it may run it on p4 and below minimum graphics, just at a bad framerate and not that enjoyable. The key word is "most", they never said all.

Edit: I do feel for you D, and everyone whose in your boat. Wait for the demo, if it runs it great, if not then hopefully you can cancel your preorder.

When they repeatedly say that they are doing extensive testss on commuter laptops and that it should run on most of them I think I have liscense to be mad.
Tests are not guarantees, eh. Perhaps something that they didn't expect came up and made this goal impossible. It's not like they do this intentionally to harass you.

With some luck you might still be able to get it working. Minimum specs often still have some margin because it should work reasonably for everyone with those specs; even if there are a bunch of background processes or if the computer is in a hot and dusty room or something. Perhaps you can play it, perhaps not, it might be choppy or slow. So basically I agree with waiting for the demo.
Dont tell me what I should and shouldnt do when I was told something different than what happened.
Didn't mean to sound so imposing (language barrier). What I meant to say was there's no need to get angry. But if you insist on being aggravated then be my guest.

Tests are not guarantees, eh. Perhaps something that they didn't expect came up and made this goal impossible. It's not like they do this intentionally to harass you.

With some luck you might still be able to get it working. Minimum specs often still have some margin because it should work reasonably for everyone with those specs; even if there are a bunch of background processes or if the computer is in a hot and dusty room or something. Perhaps you can play it, perhaps not, it might be choppy or slow. So basically I agree with waiting for the demo.

Didn't mean to sound so imposing (language barrier). What I meant to say was there's no need to get angry. But if you insist on being aggravated then be my guest.

Sorry I took it out on you :sad:

And I didnt realize you werent a native speaker so I should have expected a little bit of a barrier. And Im gona wait for the demo, because (like I said) my system runs Civ 4 with high graphics and perfect everything with a lower card. I just wonder, and this is a question I read on another thread so Im not alone in thought, of somone can run Civ 4 really well can they run CiV?

What about Directx 11 on reccomended requirements?
Will a DX11 card like an ATI HD5870 have a better graphic than really good DX10 graphic cards like ATI HD4870 or Nvidia 9800?

If there is any graphic difference will they be noticeable?

Top Bottom