New NESes, ideas, development, etc

But I LIKED everyone being on a ship together. The potential for conflict and character development was amazing. I think that everyone having their own crew would destroy that.

I think that it could work. Clearer (possibly simpler) rules and directions could have helped, consistent updates (implementing an order lock every 48 hours or something) and a shake up of the rules so as not to require the constant player/GM interaction would have helped. I really think the MES, or something like it, could work without too much of a facelift.

Does anyone have any idea for a good representation of mountains to go on a map with this style format;

Spoiler :

This isn't the map I'm going to need it form, but it's along that style. I don't need anything fancy, just a representation of "hey, there are mountains here". I tried just making upside down V's on the map, but it doesn't really.. look right. Ideas?

Does anyone have any idea for a good representation of mountains to go on a map with this style format;

Spoiler :

This isn't the map I'm going to need it form, but it's along that style. I don't need anything fancy, just a representation of "hey, there are mountains here". I tried just making upside down V's on the map, but it doesn't really.. look right. Ideas?
What are your abilities? Can you add a layer that shows mountains like in Terrance's NES maps? Otherwise - this ^

I mean, I have access to gimp and Paint.net. I use layers for nearly everything, from rivers, to s general topographic map. I would just like a map with something like terrance has, if not a little more defined.

Well, the upside down V thing is actually working quite handily. Thank you Erez, and everyone else.

It's like the 6th version out of 10 maps I used for my last LizNES

If I am not missing anything, this is the final map for that NES.

Spoiler :

Made for playableness, not realism. My biggest regret wasn't having a more defined mountain system, making players starting domains far too small, and not putting enough rivers.

Dos rivers. Are you working on a restart or just the map for whatever reason?

Well... Freshstarts are always fun :D

I'd play MES/NES again, so long as i have the time when it starts. Freshstarts are always good too, especially if you'd be willing to do one with a slight fantasy theme (Not necessarily high fantasy, but some magic and other races).

I was going through my hard drives, when I found some things from a NES I played a loooooot of time ago ('bout 4 years, whew). It was called Dawn of Ages, was modded by now missing Dannydehz, and it was quite fun. (Funnily enough, I found that the forum where we were playing it (for some reason, it was done in some other place) still exists)

The idea was that, instead of the normal stats system, you would get "dice" alloted to one thing or another, related to each of the following seven branches: Economy, Army, Navy, Magic, Culture, Influence and Technology. These dice could then be used to expand certain parts of these branches (which could be as diverse as Roads (Economy), Temples (Culture), Wizards (Magic) or Galleys (Navy), it did not matter much). As dice accumulate, you can use them to start or power up other things. It allowed for a lot of customization in the whole "development of the nation", but it was rather random. About the only one I think might still be around from that is SBredberg.

Wondering if someone around here might be interested in playing such a game. Would require less time from me, so I'd be willing to mod it.

Top Bottom