Main Download Information

I figured my problem. When I installed to Desktop, the installer did not include ll of the fixes because it doesn't see RoM in its path. So I trusted to the luck and installed to RoM itself with your new upload this morning. All fixes seemed to be there. Luckily I doubt much the patch touched my changes.

However, can you document or make sure the installer install everything even if it doesn't see RoM in its path? Or is that too much work? If so, then I guess I would appreciate some type of warnings of what files it can potentially change so I can go back to any files that need to be changed to my preferred state?

Just a request :). If you don't for whatever reasons do it, I understand completely because it is a BIG project here :).

Just to be sure, this is savegame compatible right? I restarted a game and got a good thing going, I don't want to ruin it.

Doubt it. It add a new xml tag to Nobles and GlobalDefinesAlt.

is it safe to download or can I get .54 somewhere?

yes

JosEPh

I've finally manged to solve my problem of not being able to install the patch. I reinstalled civ completely but this time into normal program files. This seemd to cure the problem and now CvGameCoreDLL.bak is present. :D

I figured my problem. When I installed to Desktop, the installer did not include ll of the fixes because it doesn't see RoM in its path. So I trusted to the luck and installed to RoM itself with your new upload this morning. All fixes seemed to be there. Luckily I doubt much the patch touched my changes.

However, can you document or make sure the installer install everything even if it doesn't see RoM in its path? Or is that too much work? If so, then I guess I would appreciate some type of warnings of what files it can potentially change so I can go back to any files that need to be changed to my preferred state?

Just a request :). If you don't for whatever reasons do it, I understand completely because it is a BIG project here :).

Patches are basically giant hacks with an installer.

The problem is that I need to update files for certain modmod's, but have no way of telling the installer which ones the user installed, and I don't trust the user remembering. So I install everything, then after it's installed, I check the files that edit modmod's, and see if other files n the same folder are there (like the text files), and if they aren't, I delete my changes. Pretty annoying, but patches are patches....

pls can u make it compatible with the ROM 2.81 MEGA version???????

thanxx!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Technically it is. It seems that the black terrain issue is caused by either a limitation in the civilization game engine or your hardware. Most people have gotten the mega pack to work if they turned off 5 or so of the new civilizations.

Technically it is. It seems that the black terrain issue is caused by either a limitation in the civilization game engine or your hardware. Most people have gotten the mega pack to work if they turned off 5 or so of the new civilizations.

cool!! i will try!!

can u tell me how can i turn off any civilization i like please??

Sorry for asking that a lot! and many thanx for answering me!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

cool!! i will try!!

can u tell me how can i turn off any civilization i like please??

Sorry for asking that a lot! and many thanx for answering me!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Open up the ModularLoadingControls file in the Custom Civilizations folder and change a 1 to a 0 for it not to load.

FWIW, I'm one of the lucky few that have been able to run ROM Mega with AND (currently playing a game on 1.54). I had loaded one game with the black terrain, cleared the cache and relaunched without any problem.

I'm playing my second game on 1.54 (i've autosimmed several with the occasional CTD) -- the first, I was the lucky recipient of a permanent alliance with the tech leader in the early industrial age, and we had no problem bringing the rest of the contestants to heel. The second has had something that I have never had happen before -- I attacked the Hurrian who had earlier placed a city in the back of my territory, and I come to find out had sulphur. They were a distant civilization, so I figured, no problem, I will take out this one city, get the sulphur, and all will be good. After my declaration of war, for the next 3 to 4 turns, they somehow convinced others to declare war on me (that were formerly very happy with me) -- and turned the simplest of operations into a real fight. Well done. Let's just say I'm really enjoying the mod-mod.

I never tested, but I suspect not. :mischief:

And I will trust your hunch :) So first I will finish my nice game, I play currently, and then...... will be probably 1.60 released :lol:

And I will trust your hunch :) So first I will finish my nice game, I play currently, and then...... will be probably 1.60 released :lol:

I am in the same boat, I have a great game going with the Free French Republic right now, but I will download now and put it in my newly created "mods to install for my next civ game" folder :crazyeye:

i get this error when i try to patch 1.53 to 1.55 on a clear 2.81 RoM

error deleting "C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom_Units/Guerrillas/Guerrillas_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml": permission denied
error deleting "C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom_Units/Guerrillas/Guerrillas_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml": permission denied
while executing
"file delete -force $file"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::UninstallFile" line 2)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::UninstallFile $::conf(TMPFILE)"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::CleanupCancelledInstall" line 46)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::CleanupCancelledInstall"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::exit" line 42)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::exit"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::FinishEventHandler" line 7)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::FinishEventHandler .wizard"
(command bound to event)

i get this error when i try to patch 1.53 to 1.55 on a clear 2.81 RoM

while executing
"file delete -force $file"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::UninstallFile" line 2)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::UninstallFile $::conf(TMPFILE)"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::CleanupCancelledInstall" line 46)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::CleanupCancelledInstall"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::exit" line 42)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::exit"
(procedure "::InstallJammer::FinishEventHandler" line 7)
invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::FinishEventHandler .wizard"
(command bound to event)

run the patch as administrator.

Hi Afforess, I love your work and I am about to try it out.

Is version 1.55 stable and bug free? or would I be better off with the newest beta?

Version 1.55 is stable and the current official release. It should be bug-free (There may be an occasional CTD, but those are fairly rare.)

Current reports indicate that the latest beta is nearly bug free, with only a few cosmetic issues left. It's up to you which you play.

Top Bottom